• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fisherman Adjustment - What would you choose?

Krasnog

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Fishers!

I'm planning on making adjustments to my Fisherman, and curious what others would do with all of the choices available.

Current Skills:
  • Fishing 120
  • Archery 110
  • Tactics 110
  • Healing 100
  • Resist 100
Current Stats:
  • 97/127/49
[Future Addition]:
  • What would you add?
  • Fencing 100 (more than likely adding this)
[Future Removal]
  • Focus 100 (possible removal)
  • Chivalry 60 (possible removal)
  • Mysticism 20 (definitely removing)

[Future Stats]:
  • TBD
note:
- yes, I'll need to get a good bow
- yes, I'll need to get a suit
- I only plan to play my main, Krasnog. have siblings that are other professions: Tamer, T-Hunter, Mules, etc that skills could be transferred from.

Thanks to anyone who chimes in and provides input. So many changes out there... the sanity checks help! :)

-Kras

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don't have resisting spells on my fisher, and I seem to do okay. I had Bushido, and it was fun having a lesser hiyru but I found getting rid of that and upping all my regular skills to 120 is way better! (120 anatomy, 120 archery, 120 chivalry, 120 fishing someday, 120 healing, 120 tactics) Two other bows (besides Horselord) I love on my fisher/archer: Abhorrence, and Bow of the Infinite Swarm.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1620932870285.png

STATS​
Str​
Dex​
Int​
SKILLS​
Archery​
120​
120​
Anatomy​
105​
120​
Chivalry​
80​
80​
Healing​
100​
100​
Resist​
85​
100​
Tactics​
110​
120​
Fishing​
120​
120​

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My fisherman is super simple, all GM skills except fishing.

120 Fishing
100 Magery
100 Eval
100 Med
100 Focus
100 Cooking

I use a snake slayer or reptile slayer (Have a fisherman on multiple shards) and 1 shot normal sea serpents and 2 shot deep sea serpents.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hail Fishers!

I'm planning on making adjustments to my Fisherman, and curious what others would do with all of the choices available.

Current Skills:
  • Fishing 120
  • Archery 110
  • Tactics 110
  • Healing 100
  • Resist 100
Current Stats:
  • 97/127/49
[Future Addition]:
  • What would you add?
  • Fencing 100 (more than likely adding this)
[Future Removal]
  • Focus 100 (possible removal)
  • Chivalry 60 (possible removal)
  • Mysticism 20 (definitely removing)

[Future Stats]:
  • TBD
note:
- yes, I'll need to get a good bow
- yes, I'll need to get a suit
- I only plan to play my main, Krasnog. have siblings that are other professions: Tamer, T-Hunter, Mules, etc that skills could be transferred from.

Thanks to anyone who chimes in and provides input. So many changes out there... the sanity checks help! :)

-Kras
You forgot anatomy or maybe you did not know how much healing benefits from anatomy and that anatomy also gives
extra damage from your bow.

If this is your main, and want to adventure all over and be able to survive and have fun in more dangerous encounters than
fishing, although dungeon fishing is a hoot in itself. Are you doing the Fishermen Quests?

I recommend: Fishing, Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, Healing, Resist, Chivalry

Have fun!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd keep Chivalry, Add Anatomy, and lose Resist. Resist isn't really useful for fishing, as almost nothing has high enough eval to need to be resisted.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let us know what skill you switched to once your realized fishing wasn't worth the effort....then you'll be caught up with the rest of us.

Nightmare of GL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fisherman is super simple, all GM skills except fishing.

120 Fishing
100 Magery
100 Eval
100 Med
100 Focus
120 Cooking

I use a snake slayer or reptile slayer (Have a fisherman on multiple shards) and 1 shot normal sea serpents and 2 shot deep sea serpents.
Wait since when could you scroll Cooking to 120?