• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fisher Strength

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've decided my fisherman simply must be stronger..
Whats the best way to raise strength in a fisher?

P

petoe

Hey bud this is joe basicaly u lock ur intele. & dex and ur str. will go up now matter what u do

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
not exactly.

If you have a stat you want to go down, have it set to go down.

Have Strength set to go up.

Now, to get Strength gains you have to use skills that have Strength as their primary or secondary stat, and have those skills set to go up (even if the skill is maxed out). There is a list somewhere on Stratics of the skills and their related stats.

When a stat gain is indicated, 90% of the time it will be the primary, 10% the secondary, unless the primary stat is locked or set to go down. Note that there is no longer a cap on the number of stat gains per day.

Skills that do not have Strength as a related stat will not give Strength gains.
Skills that are locked or set to go down will not give Strength gains.

the easiest way to get Strength gains is be under your skill cap, set Mining to go up, and just mine until you hit cap.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crap.. I was hoping there was a new way. I'm kinda burn't on mining and lumberjacking.

But I guess it can't be helped.

M

Myna

the fastest way is to mine or to lumberjack and stone the skill an delete it when it hits 40 or 50, because you only get STR when you gain skill ... and from 0 to 50 you gain much faster then above 50

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Myna has it about right

set int and dex to lower, max out your now find two skils that use STR Lumber / Mining Go out ans mine up to like 30 turn it down so it loses skill and lumber up until all point are se from mining, yo uhave to have skills maxed out except for the 30 using for mining/ LJ you can buy up junk skills if you have to an lock them.

This is the old se saw method I thin it will still work

now at one point there was a 25 point per day stat max but i think they removed it

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tips everyone.. i've used the see-saw method before it just kinda boring..

But there's no use whining about...

*hatchet over one shoulder, pickaxe over the other.. heads off into the sunset*

5% Luck

I dont believe there is a primary and secondary stat associated with skils anymore. The fastest way to change stats is to simply use a skill that is at cap IE: 100,105,110 ect so long as it is in the up position and you can not gain "in that skill" your stats will change based on the stat arrows. Just remember the skill must be at cap and you can not gain anymore in that skill. Not like teasing it by locking other skills but actually at cap and in the up position.

The other thing to note here is try to use a skill the can be repeated relatively fast. I like to use eval int or animal lore but any crafting skill works just as well. So long as there is no skill timer attached, its a good choice though any skill will work for any stat.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dont believe there is a primary and secondary stat associated with skils anymore. The fastest way to change stats is to simply use a skill that is at cap IE: 100,105,110 ect so long as it is in the up position and you can not gain "in that skill" your stats will change based on the stat arrows. Just remember the skill must be at cap and you can not gain anymore in that skill. Not like teasing it by locking other skills but actually at cap and in the up position.

The other thing to note here is try to use a skill the can be repeated relatively fast. I like to use eval int or animal lore but any crafting skill works just as well. So long as there is no skill timer attached, its a good choice though any skill will work for any stat.
You can not believe it all you want, but they went out of their way about 3 years ago (right before the Stratics crash) to reinstate that system, and discussed it in posts on U.Hall that were lost in the crash. This resulted in Stratics having to update a page during our rebuild after the 2008 crash that we initially thought we were going to archive.

One of the Five on Friday posts in Question (relating to the updating of the Playguide to show Primary and Secondary stat for each skill BECAUSE it was back in use)

UO Herald archive! - Ultima Online Stratics ▶ TGN.TV - Get more views!

Primary/Secondary skill list (doesn't include SA), so you don't have to look up each skill to find the related stats:
Skill Management

5% Luck

Well I believe you but here is the thing every skill has 2 stats attached so at least one of them will be used in every skill change attempt if a skill has a secondary and a non skill dependent stat and the non skill stat is the one you want to change it will in fact effect the other.

I know I have changed all three stats with animal lore and eval int and the thing here is it is very fast if done properly. Maybe 15 mins to an hour for a 100 point change.