• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fish tank

F

feath

A couple of weeks ago, someone posted a snap of a fish tank from a japanese shard. they had used a crystal 'rocketship' as the fish tank, with a single lone fish in the 'tank'. i could see why they used the rocketship one, as it glowed and was animated, but i just didn't like the tall narrow shape.
so off i ran to get some crystal tables.
NO MORE CLOTH tanks for me! The crystal gives tons of greeny, moving detail. a couple of tan goza's under the tank gives sand. a single black goza on top gives a lid.
my tank has 2 onions and 2 fish in it, and is still very 'busy' but fishies can be seen.
the only thing that could be considered a negative, is the right size of the tank gives you a triangle. the only way around it is to build over it, giving an ugly thick top - or, using deco to hide it. ... non the less, it adore my new fish tank!
they can be broken, too, as they are two tile items! they merge beautifully.
And did i mention how little time it takes to MAKE them? :danceb:

here's a pic of the room at night - it was taken before i had 'finished' the room (like i'm ever finished)

F

feath

oh, yeah, i like that top!
one thing i noticed, the fish trophy works well raised up between the two blue triangles, making them look like trophy holder/frame. the only thing is it pokes a bit through the floor above.
i'm wondering what a couple of cabinets would look like, lowered down. would it cover the two triangles?

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kind of like the holes in the top.... if anyone asks, it's where i throw the fish food in:danceb:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is totally cute feath! The water is sooo pretty! Now you've gotten me thinking I should get on test and take another look at those crystal and shadow deeds for more stuff to do with em.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye, been wondering in particular about the effect of gozas and an axe on that bull statue ;)

F

feath

Thats one of the largest i've seen - nice and clear, lots of goodies to look at. i can see why you'd love it! i think the size is what really pulls it off. you can get some great visuals in there.
But i still love my crystal take better, sorry, *grin*

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stunning, a brilliant idea! (bangs head against desk....brain why dont you come up with these ideas :p)
LOL...you quit banging that poor brain against things, and maybe it will start being more cooperative! :D

The nets make a fine cover.

-Skylark