• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Fish Stacking

A

aalbiel

I'm sure this is known to most, but have not seen it mentioned, did a search before posting, but for clarity and I hope helpful to some...
When stacking fish, it does not matter what type. Just the graphic (a captain snook and a mahi-mahi are the same: direction and all) drop a Captain snook on a stack of mahi-mahi in your hold and it will stack itself in the proper Captain snook stack automatically (if also in your hold). I use this by placing duplicate graphic fish in a big pile, so I can get to at least a recognizable piece of any one of the fish. Ofcourse my hold is still a big mess and I should bag them all... but just so everyone knows.

J

jpullen8874

Even better way to take care of this is to use the enhanced client. With the tiled container view sorting fish is very easy. Not to mention the list view so you can find that one type of fish quickly when filling orders.

I know there are a lot of people holding on the classic client, I was one of them at first. Once I started using the EC more I can't stand to go back now. There are so many things that are just plain better in the EC. That's my 2 cents...

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know there are a lot of people holding on the classic client, I was one of them at first. Once I started using the EC more I can't stand to go back now. There are so many things that are just plain better in the EC. That's my 2 cents...[/QUOTE]

I hear crabbing i s alot easier in EC as well. Maybe my New Year's resolution will be to switch over to EC:)

A

anna anomalous

i fully agree. the enhanced client makes fishing, treasure hunting, SOS hunting, stacking, organizing, and lobster traps much easier. for instance, with Pinco's UI, you can filter what you see when using the Control+Shift function, which makes picking up the traps much easier. i can't use classic client to do any of this stuff. i've played for 11 years using the classic client and i say brovo to the developers of this new client.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am using the classic client without the High Seas booster and I cannot stack my fish anymore!!? :( Even when I cut them up the fish steaks do not stack

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Miri: That's a known issue - but only with the non-High-Seas fish (for people without the expansion, and those training skill up in the expansion, that aren't high enough level to get the named fish).

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm Thanks Basara. I guess it is a marketing ploy to get me to buy it! *winks* Do you know if there is any plan to help out us poor classic fishers from drowning in a pile of rotting NON-STACKED fish??