• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Fish orders with Dungeon fish : how many ??

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have for some baits in excess of 2,000 charges and over 600 quests done so far.

Since I started taking fishing orders with dungeon fish, the most I have found is 3 lines requesting dungeon fish, never one with 4 lines for dungeon fish.

Since in theory it could be possible to get all 6 lines with dungeon fish, I am wondering how a rare occurrance it is that one is given a fishing order with 4 or more lines all for dungeon fish.

Have you got any ?

Also, has anyone understood what is the discriminant to get as many dungeon fish as possible ? Is it just the random RNG or is there more to it to be offered orders with as many dungeon fish requests as possible ?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is random, nothing more. Once you are able to get dungeon fish requests, there are 54 types of fish that you can be requested for (12 crab/lobsters, 12 shallow water, 18 deep water, and 12 dungeon). I will walk you through the math:
There are 12 possible dungeon fish and 54 possible total fish, each time a fish is selected, it removes one of the possible fish from the total.

The first (P1) selection has a probability (to be a dungeon fish) of
12/54 = 0.22
The second (P2) selection (given previous success) has a probability of
11/53 = 0.21
The third (P3) selection (given previous success) has a probability of
10/52 = 0.19
The fourth (P4) selection (given previous success) has a probability of
9/51 = 0.18
The fifth (P5) selection (given previous success) has a probability of
8/50 = 0.16
The sixth (P6) selection (given previous success) has a probability of
7/49 = 0.14

In order fot the order to have six requests for dungeon fish, all the selections must be successful. To determine the total probability (Pt) of this occurance is a multiplication of the individual probabilities:
Pt=P1*P2*P3*P4*P5*P6=0.000036

There is a 0.0036% chance your requested order will be for six types of dungeon fish.

You have not received a request for six types of dungeon fish because it is very rare. Of those 600 quests, you probably were not of not sufficient skill to be requested dungeon fish for a good portion of them.

Stayin Alive,

BG

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is difficult enough trying to get an order with 4 dungeon fish, let alone 6 lines of dungeons. I did recieve a 5 line dungeon fish once, but of course the order was for only like 10 each and I got a 100 bait of something or other.

Barry Gibbs, the numbers look grim indeed, but to make things even grimmer, there are 18 kinds of deep water fish.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Barry Gibbs, the numbers look grim indeed, but to make things even grimmer, there are 18 kinds of deep water fish.
That was a typo on my part, I meant to say 18 not 12. I edited my first post to correct the mistake.

The math is correct and did not change, since 12+12+12+18=54.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Stayin Alive,

BG

B

Beastmaster

Out of 153 orders (starting with the first order I received a dungeon fish request to my very last order)

2 - 4 line orders requesting 3 dungeon fish, 1 crustacean
1 - 6 line order requesting 3 dungeon fish, 1 crustacean, 2 deep water
1 - 6 line order requesting 5 dungeon fish, 1 deep water

All 4 orders resulted in baits.

Many orders for 2 dungeon fish combinations.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'v got fish order for all 6 lines for dungeon fish, 15/20/20/15/15/20
Guess reward!
book part 5

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes it seems if your not in the LUCKY part of rng you will be doing quest for a long time to attain your scroll. whereas i was lucky in getting my 120 my wife is still doing quest im thinking like over 1000 she has them all written down and i help her now by fishing for the fish she needs the most while looking for the rares i have not caugh or whats needed for pics for stratics...i would have thought months ago she would have gotten hers but as it seems now we will probably end up binding all her 105'5 110's and 115's for her 120 we have gotten enough bait to start a small country store to stock for years to come LOL and more lava poles and lava lobster traps to keep us happy for years to come...But were still out there everyday fishing and pirating we love it and it breaks up the monontony of just doing spawns.. in which we used to do all the time till the booster hit..