• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fish Mongers cant find boat

K

Kamin

My boats at the dock 10 steps away and the monger can't find it. Anyone else having this issue?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did several fishmongers quest today, i got no problems so far. Maybe its a certain type of ship causing problems?

I'm using the Britannia Ship.

B

Beastmaster

It's not specific to the boat type. I believe, as someone pointed out in an earlier thread, its tied to subserver performance. I play Chessie and I'm noticing some lag this weekend. When I went to the Abyss to test lava lobster traps last night, I recalled home when done, and it took several seconds for me to actually leave the Abyss subserver and materialize at home.

When I decided to fill the orders I had in my boat, for each order I sailed to the proper subserver, recalled to the fishmonger, double clicked him to make sure he saw my boat, recalled back to the boat, filled the box with the proper fish, recalled back to the fishmonger, claimed my reward.

It's a pain in the butt to do it that way, but it's the only way to prevent hosing up an order right now.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I am having the exact same problem with the Fish Mongers not finding my ship, even though it is nearly parked on top of them. I cannot turn in any orders and cannot receive any new ones. This has been the case since the last patch. I play on the Sonoma shard with a Tokuno ship. Yes, I have the owner of the ship on it and have been fishing and doing orders just fine for weeks until this last patch.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The work-around for this, until it is fixed, was reported on U.Hall - I've done it myself for my deliveries.

• If you have a ship you've retired, take it with you. If you don't, buy the cheapest classic ship model to take along with you.
  • When you have your non-responsive ship on the correct subserver for the delivery, go to the docks by your target fishmonger, and place the other ship.
  • Because the issue is that the original ship isn't being recognized as being there, you can put down another ship.
  • When the second ship is placed, you'll be able to deliver.
  • Re-drydock the second ship after the new quest window opens, but before accepting the new quest. OR, try refusing the quest initially offered, drydock the second ship, and then try to get a new quest.
  • If neither of these work, just go ahead and finish delivering your quests using this work-around until all are done. Return to one of the 5 cities that share their subserver with 1 or 2 other quest cities, drydock your main ship, and relaunch. You'll at least get the quests from the cities on the subserver, and maybe even get some between cities on the subserver (where you don't have to move the ship). When all your quests are off the subserver where you relaunched, go deliver them (hoping the bug doesn't set in, or use the above method again to deliver).

tiara1971

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah im having same problem on pacific (cant see boat) been placing a 2nd boat some docks are just full of boats and cant get one down anywhere..

As for deeding fish to either sell or transport back to house is broken to you deed em up gets a new name till you undeed...

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, Basara. I can turn my orders in but I can't receive a new order. I pull my Tokuno ship up to the dock (try clicking the Fish Monger in hopes that it will work but, of course, it doesn't), then I place a small ship. I double click the Fish Monger and it turns my order in. Here is where it doesn't work, though:

1) I tried leaving the new quest order menu up (without accepting it yet), then I jump to the dock and dry dock my small ship, then I accept the quest. It says it can't find my ship.

2) So then I tried leaving the small ship in the water and jumping to my Tokuno ship and accepting the quest. It puts the crate in my small ship.

I just cannot figure it out.

Thanks for trying to help me, though! I greatly appreciate you taking the time!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The other option, is a bit more complicated.

Refuse to accept any more quests until you deliver all you have. Then, empty your primary ship and drydock, then relaunch it, before accepting new quests. You should be able to do 2-3 quests at a time that way, at the expense of not being able to use the ship for cargo.

Examples:
Drydock & relaunch in
Trinsic, Skara or Jhelom: You can get quests from these three without moving the ship.
Moonglow or Floating Emporium: You can get quests from both of these without moving.

IF you can make it to any other cities before the error recurs, that's more quests to accept.

Zoeydamnies

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The same thing is happening with Bigglesby and the Dread Pirate quest. I then tried to place my old small dragon-ship and voila!, I could. I had two ships placed for one character. I dry-docked it immediately, of course.

Bigglesby says my small ship could never take on a pirate ship, btw. Doesn't recognize the tall ship.

Bummer.

ZO

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, folks, here is the deal. I filled and delivered my existing orders utilizing the work-around of placing a small boat as described above. I then emptied out my cargo hold, dry docked the ship and logged out. I logged back in and placed my ship back in the water and, so far, it is working......even crossing server lines. The only problem is the Fish Mongers are once again only giving me small, one-item orders instead of five and six-item orders. Oh well....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maldar, if you recently passed into the 105 or skill area in Fishing, that's what caused the oddities with the lines of fish quest. Apparently the addition of the dungeon fish screws with the calculations to see if you get additional lines, until you turn into a bunchaton of every dungeon fish type in quests.

tiara1971

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had same issues with boat , tried dropping a 2nd boat in the end i ended up dry docking me orc boat and placing a new tokuno boat my boat is working fine fish monger can see it.

Now i see my quests have changed ive had 22 orders 1 line for 5 and 10 count and 4 orders for 2 liners 5 and 10, im at 115 skill.

I guess im just wasting my time and fish supplies hoping to get better quests.

:sad3:

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Information Needed

We're trying to track this issue down. If you've been having this problem, would you please answer these questions?

1> At any time in the past, before this became an issue, did you drydock your ship with a second character on your same account and then re-launch that same ship?

2> After this became an issue, if you have used the workaround of drydocking your ship and re-placing it, has your ship been affected by this issue again?

Thanks for your help!

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Information Needed

I had boat runes issue before publish, thread no longer visible due hot words.

E

Eyes of Origin

I've used the same char for fishing since I bought my boats. So no, to question one.

I have drydocked and redeployed and yes it still happens.

B

Beastmaster

While you are tracking this down can you also acknowledge and fix the lava lobster traps?

T

Twooflower

My report from yesterday:
I was doing some fishmonger quests tonight, went to the Lost Lands to finish a quest in Papua (without any problems), did some lobster fishing - and when I returned to Trammel using sepents pillar, all of a sudden, the Fish Mongers were no longer able to recognize my ship: "I can't find your ship! You need to bring it in closer!" ... even if I went with my ship to the harbor and stood on deck when talking to them.
I can't take on any new quest, can't finish the ones I have started.

I am using a Tokuno ship - never faced any problems until tonight

I used this Tokuno ship before on a different character on the same account - then I transferred the fishing skill from this character to another character using a soulstone, emptied the ship, dry docked it and transferred it to the new fisherwoman. Fishing skill is now 109.1 - on my way to train till 110, then I need to get a suitable power scroll.

As I cannot dry dock my old Tokuno ship - it says the deck is cluttered - I got a new Tokuno ship yesterday that I can now use for fishmonger quests. I did a few quests, but not many, since I am anxious that this might happen again.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

We're trying to track this issue down. If you've been having this problem, would you please answer these questions?

1> At any time in the past, before this became an issue, did you drydock your ship with a second character on your same account and then re-launch that same ship?

2> After this became an issue, if you have used the workaround of drydocking your ship and re-placing it, has your ship been affected by this issue again?

Thanks for your help!

1) No, I've only ever dry docked the ship with the character that uses it. And I bought a couple of Britannian ships the night pub 70 went live, one specifically for my fisher to use. I'm going to be pretty upset if she can't do quests in it!

2) I drydocked and replaced, it was ok for a couple of quests, then it was back to 'I can't see the ship'.

K

Kamin

Thanks for your help!

1). I would say yes, although my fisher placed the boat this time it could very well belong to another character. I had 3 dry docked boats and just grabbed one, it would make it easier if the ship model showed the owner.

2). Yes I placed a small dragon ship (multiple times) on each subserver and it fixed the issue for the quests I had. I then dry docked the small and my large ship both. I replaced my large ship and I still have the issue.

Your more than welcome to look at my ship it's on Great Lakes and is called "The Shoeless Joe II"

tiara1971

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same char same boat so no to question 1

Yes to question 2 drydocked placed again got 3 quests done and broke again.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it really has to do with lag and crossing server lines ... I wonder, where the 'anchor' of a ship is and if there is an influence where your character stands on a ship. Especially on a Britannian ship i could imagine that there is a delay between your ship porting to a new location after crossing a server line and your character getting ported to the same relative position where he was standing before crossing.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Thanks for your help!
1. No
2. It's not yet recurred, and I've crossed numerous server lines in the 3 days since I drydocked and relaunched, including times were I have recalled off a moving boat, and was in Malas or Ter Mur while the ship crossed server lines without me, in Trammel.

I'm going to go deliver 7 quests now, to reconfirm this.

Also note the following:

I had two chests from SOS stacked on top of each other, by my pilot, and when I crossed a server line earlier, they jumped backward on the boat onto the false wheelhouse (Tokuno ship) that we can't actually reach normally. I was able to access and remove the chests nomally, standing on top of the hold, but it was odd seeing their locations jump like that. In the attached pic, the chests were originally located either directly in front of or behind the pilot.

There's also an odd bug where items on deck can become "unstuck" at odd times, resulting in the boat moving under the item, and the item that had been deck clutter, suddenly hitting the rails or mast as the ship moves, making it to where the ship stops. Granted, this is typically remedied by picking up the item and dropping it somewhere else, but if you have 60 pair of footwear on deck from a few hours fishing, finding the offending pair can be a pain.

Attachments

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have a question, or rather two, I don't know how relevant they are.

Do you recall on and/or off a moving boat, has your boat crossed a serverline without you aboard it?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I occasionally recall off a moving boat, and about half the time I get something nearly indistinguishable from the old "black-hole" bug, except that you can recall to a different spot to get out of it. Rarely it will freeze the client as it looked as you departed, and on client restart you find yourself at the destination of the recall.

Quite often, my ship crosses one, or even two server lines while I'm gone. It didn't have any effect after a relaunched the ship.

Note that I did succeed in delivering the quests above, and replacing them (yet to deliver them - trying to catch 4 more apple crab to finish the last quest)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for your help!
Phoenix, answers to your questions

No, I've been using the same Tokuno ship since I first started fishing, it's only been dry docked once very early in it's existence and that was by the original and only owner, my fisherman.

Did the suggested thing, placing another ship, kinda fixed it but now as of yesterday done 9 more orders on my original Tokuno ship, EVERY one of them a 10 pc one liner. Never threw a crate overboard, but I did refuse the orders on the small legacy ship so I could get back on my regular Tokuno ship.

What in the heck is up? Did I lose my ENTIRE reputation because of this foobah? Twasn't my fault and I'm PO'd. Do you have any idea how many hours are sunk in doing 1100 orders?

Do you have any idea how soon this will be fixed and what about my reputation, do I have to rebuild that entirely so that I get large multi part orders again? As close as I can figure without any information out there, it takes hundreds of orders to get to maximum reputation and I lost my complete reputation over a problem I didn't create?

I've not complained about the invulnerable pirate ships and the party turn-in problems and the ridiculous cost of cannon ammo and lava traps not working etc, etc, etc and waited for them to be fixed, but this one, because of the time invested just really really gets to me. This is horribly disappointing.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

No. I'm not going to use the workaround since it is already posted by others that it didnt work. I also have lots of items in the hold and completed far too many quests to risk my reputation to be cleared.

I think you should check how you implemented these two bug fixes from Publish 70, they seem more relevant:
  • Players who were stuck in a state where they were unable to place a new ship will once again be able to place ships.
  • Players having a false reading of having a ship placed should be fixed.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

The "second boat" work-around works for deliveries, to at least get your hold clear without abandoning quests.

Since I drydocked and relaunched, I've gotten and delivered 15 quests, and have gotten a full load of 8 to fill again, with no issues, including 4 trips into the lost lands.

I'm beginning to think there's more to it than server lines or the bugfix.

For those who have had the bug recur after a drydock & relaunch, at any time prior to the bug's return, did you board someone else's HS ship?

S

soulstoner

Thanks for your help!
1. Not Sure

2. I did not do 'the workaround' with a 2nd ship as described to avoid resigning from any quests :bored:
- I resigned from the 2 on-board quests (to Papua & Vesper) [fish n' crabs in crates were returned into the hold :)] emptied the Tokuno Ship that could not be located & put it away. Then launched my Orc Boat and have not had any trouble after a dozen quests including a trip to Papua this weekend.

Someone mentioned a potential cause maybe related to char having been on other player's/account's HS ships ... my char was frequenting friends HS boats for pirating. Haven't done that since setting up Orc boat and questing without issue the past couple days.

Thanks for your time and attention on this matter.

C

Caldwin_DDP

My Britania boat simply went MIA. I have 3 accts with a character on each owning a HS boat. The fisherman has a Tokuno boat on a couple of occassions I thought I might have encountered a similar glitch. But after some study discovered that I hadn't completely filled the order. I've had no problems with the Gargoyle boat that I had been using to hunt pirates.

The Britania boat was a different story. Upon trying to recall to the boat I got a message, 'The boat can not be located.' A GM tried to locate the boat and couldn't, this after I had allocated much time trying to find the boat with my other two.

The boat honestly seemed buggy from the outset. I was unable to place the Captain's wheel. So $17.95 shot on the Captain's Bundle and the boat disappeared in about two weeks. I can't honestly tell anyone that this is a good deal. If you wish to comment on my post, keep in mind I have and maintain two other boats.