• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fish Monger Quests...returning player, confused :(

Velsinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I feel like I'm wasting my time doing these fish monger quests.
Am I missing something, or is there really no way to tell what the quest is actually FOR (i.e. what type of fish) before accepting it? I can't find, anywhere in the quest text, what the fishmonger wants. It's not until I accept, blindly, and then check the crate in my hold that I can see.

The main reason I ask is because these crustacean quests are total bullshyte. 90% of the time, my traps don't work. They bob and sink before I can even click them, or sometimes, they just sink without even a single bob. Considering the traps aren't exactly cheap, I'd rather just reject all these crab and lobster quests, but I don't see any way to tell what I'm accepting :( OR any way to tell what my reputation with the fishmongers is.

*frustrated*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I never found a way to tell what the quest was before accepting it. I hated the lobster and crab ones too. I would just buy them off other folks when I needed them.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s best to get the quest, find out what you need to get, then buy what you need from vendor search or just start fishing/trapping and saving everything (besides unnamed lobsters and crabs). You eventually stockpile a ton of fish, lobsters, and crabs for future quests or just for sale.

Eventually you get everything you need but it can take a while. The lobsters/crab trapping is abysmal... boring as hell and the unnamed crustaceans just ensure time is being wasted as they have no purpose :/

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
When I was actually doing these quests, I would put out 10 traps at a time and then just go down the line and check them once I had placed my last one. I used the Britannian Ship so I didn't have to move much.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
boring as hell and the unnamed crustaceans just ensure time is being wasted as they have no purpose :/
It is dang sure a the grindiest grind in a game that loves grinds.

Velsinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the replies, folks, I appreciate it. At least this confirms my suspicions ;)

I don't have a problem with the fish-based quests (I have a Britannian ship with tons of room in the hold, so I've just been saving 10-15 of each fish at all times, and I can knock out quests fast.)
But those lobster/crab traps...man that whole system sucks :( And at 200gp per trap, I can see this getting expensive real fast.
Oh well ;)

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey @Velsinn ...feel free tor drop by the Fishing Council of Britannia Discord server. Lots of friendly folks can help with answers and tips.

If you have a trusted group, you can set up a fish exchange to share the fish and lobsters and such. Makes the quests go MUCH faster.

Join our Discord server at

Non fishers welcome too!