• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

First solo attempt at paroxy

• Thread starter calculator001
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

calculator001

Hi guys, I'm gonna try to take down paroxy with my sammy and I need some advice. Here is my template:

120 Fencing
120 Bush
120 Parry
90 Ana
90 Healing
65 Chiv
38 Necro
72 Tactics

I'm using mace n shields, heart of lion, fey leggings, stormgrips, jackals, horned sleeves with high fire/poison resists, +dmg talisman, and quiver. And with my jewels i get:
-70/70/67/54/67
+62 DCI, +22 HCI, +79 HLD (48 from weapon)
stats are 123/145/28

I use a warfork with 55 HLL, 48 HLD, 47 HML, 30 HSL, 40 DI

Is my equipment and stats right for paroxy? What kind of strategies should I use when fighting him? What potions and extra equipment should I bring?

I can bring down the putrifier with my disco tamer so thats np. I have tried paroxy with my archer before and it was a disaster. Things were going fine one minute and the next he teleports me to him and does an instant kill. What causes him to do that?

Ty for the help.

G

90 healing will not be enough for prox unless you use enhanced bandages. For 100% chance of curing you need either GM+ healing or 90 + enhanced. As long as you use enhanced bandages you should do fine, I myself have not soloed him yet, but a guildmate has and says he is the easiest of all the peerlesses.

By the way, good luck on getting the keys, Putrefier is near impossible to solo. (or at least he seems that way to me)

C

Connor_Graham

Enhanced bandages do not increase your chance to cure poison.

G

Lower anatomy to 61, raise healing by 10 and put the rest into tactics. Much better.

C

calculator001

I don't really want to change around my template atm. Might just get a whole lotta cure potions and chug em during the fight. I was wondering tho, is any one able to stand toe to toe with him and not really run away? It seems like he hits pretty dang hard on my archer (1 hit killed I meantioned).

I can kill the purtrifier with my disco tamer so that np. Just takes a little time and a lot of bandages. Ill try paroxy out soon and keep u guys posted.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh seriously? Learn new things every day I guess.
I don't use them as I have 100 healing.

G

You wanted advice, I gave great advice, which you should take and you don't want it?
It is a really easy change.

Yes, you can toe-to-toe the mob in question, he hits a lot harder if you run around (archer).

Good luck.

C

Connor_Graham

I have tried paroxy with my archer before and it was a disaster. Things were going fine one minute and the next he teleports me to him and does an instant kill. What causes him to do that?

Paroxy has the ability to do just that. Unless you have 70 resists and a lot of HP's, he'll nail ya to the wall with that ability. That's why most use dexxers to take him on so they don't get teleported.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh seriously? Learn new things every day I guess.
I don't use them as I have 100 healing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eat a 110 Healing scroll and you'll heal at the 110 level with those bandages.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Things were going fine one minute and the next he teleports me to him and does an instant kill. What causes him to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is range-based, if you stay very close to him he won't do the special teleport attack. It is hard to win as an archer because of that (possible with high concentration I suppose). Melee don't have this problem.

G

No idea, I always go in with all 70s and on a char with no lore. (he eats pets
) I would guess physical and poison though.

C

calculator001

Whats the best way to solo putrifier? He hits me so hard every time I try to take him on. I can last maybe 10 secs at most before running. Then when I run he mana dumps on me and its GG. I have seen a person solo him and she stands there toe to toe and does not have to run at all. Am i missing something here? Btw, im running with all 70's resist, about 55+ DCI, 120 swords and parry, and 150 dex. Any advice would be great since he is a big obstacle blocking me from tryin out paroxy. I can take my tamer in but that also takes a lot of work, I rather just use my sampire if possible.

G

Honestly, I have no idea, always have the same problem you do. What's your exact template/gear/weapon?

EDIT: Just reread the first post again... Saw it there.
You getting the honor in, using EOO, Consecrate Wep, keeping stamina up?

C

calculator001

My skills are pretty much the same except I have 120 swords now and bumped healing to 100 with a decrease in tactics. I'm using a radiant scimitar with HML/HLD/SSI/DI. I always get the honor in, buff up, then I run in. Gets in about a couple of hits, then putrifier pwns on me and my health is red lined. I run away to heal, then he mana dumps. Same thing everytime. Maybe its just luck? and i should keep my stam up and just keep on hitting him and hope to leech life back? i dunno.

I

imported_Farsight

The only way I've managed to do putrifier is jousting.

First I have to move all of the spawn in the area. One poison elemental or grizzle can spoil everything, so they have to go far away. That's a job in itself.

Then when I attack Putrifier, I have my darkwood suit with a DCI ring on top of it. I have my exiler and work in vampire form, simply because I'm not quick enough in wraith form to get away when needed. That hurts my mana regeneration a lot, and since I rely on spirit speak to heal, it makes him a little bit rough for me (no mana leech on exiler either). I recently put focus back on my template, but haven't tried a putrifier repeat performance lately.

Anyhow, the trick is, every time you get hit, even once, run away to heal. Two hits will usually kill a 100 str character (aka, me) even with all 70's resist, etc.

There are three things on your weapon that I would heartily recommend. Demon slayer, HLD and HLA.

L

Lord Mike

I've been able to fight him toe to toe on my Swampy. I use the Blackthorns Kryss - Demon Slayer. However it has no mana leech so I run outta mana really quick, then I have to run :p.

I've tried it in wraith form and he is able to put me under pretty easily. You just take too much damage without Swampy.

So basically I need a demon slaying wep thats fast as hell and has high mana leech :p.