• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

First post

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had to do it!!!!!!!!

So, what about them vine cords :p - I was in England the past weekend so missed out on the interesting "discussion" you guys were having about it on the normal boards. I think I saw some posts about "how nothing is going to be done" :)

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I missed all the action since it started while i was in bed ...but the next morning my ICQ was light like a Christmas tree :p

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great move on the Vine Cords. I wonder what they will do in the future, since Vine Cord were the only (?) 100% duped item. Will they delete 75% duped items next? 50%? Or just make PvP items obsolete?

I am just glad they do listen to the community, vine cord were just a big middle finger from the dupers to the players and EA.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think someone needs to post a screen shot of the burning houses.

D

DVI

I feel that at this point any item such as a shroud of Tal'keesh for example that has been duped beyond counting should be deleted and/or converted to a similar item of no value (monks robe).

Yes, those people who actually recieved the one they own know theirs isn't duped, but can you prove it? No! Besides as dupers continue to pour more into the economy yours is slowly losing value, and pretty soon won't be worth buying.

If you'd care to refute my last statement go for it, but its fact not hypothese, tal'keesh shrouds specifically have dropped tremendously in value over the past year to year and a half. I used to see them sell reguarly for 300-500m depending on whether they were blessed or not, now you see them for around 200-250m reguarly.

D

DVI

As posted by Flutter on the Lost Lands Forum - From Great Lakes

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There's more on Drachenfels too ;)
I'm betting some people had a bad weekend >;)

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
since Vine Cord were the only (?) 100% duped item.
No, there are couple of other items that are unique. Gladiators collar, Hit point shrouds, Fang of Ractus come to my mind.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The original vine cords were not gone.. well as far as anyone could tell. The argument placed was that they could not have been duped without the consent of whoever owned them last before they got duped. The same argument can be made for any of these items.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's a few more houses on various shards, the trick is they are usually smaller houses (7x7 and the like) in the middle of nowhere. You'll notice that many of the people and brokers selling all the event items (not only vine cords) have delisted their entire stock as well, so it seems like they banned anyone who had a large stock of those event items and burned their houses to the ground.

Drachenfels and GL were the shards I kept hearing through the grapevine when I was digging for information, the houses there should be the most visible, and I'm fairly sure the Drachenfels location (s) were posted on The Lost Lands over the weekend.

Death Omen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They've said they are going to be cracking down on the "Notorious" Duped items, Items that are obvious and widely known about.

Fang of Ractus, Mummy Wrap, IBD, Wisp Frag, Gaunts of Anger etc etc are not Notorious Nor could anyone ever beable to tell how badly they were truely duped. ( IBD is Nortorious)

Vine Cords were delt with because there was only 1 true pair and it was fairly easy to see they were duped. I do not see anything happening to the items i mentioned, but Shrouds, Robes, Lt Sash etc......im willing to bet those will be gone soon enough....

They did not delete the Original pair of Vine Cords, Nor will they be deleting any Original Event items, From what they've said, but im fairly sure the Original VC's were lost long long ago.....

K

Kratos Aurion

It's great to have a functional forums again!

and the surprise of the vine cord fix was great. Awsome move for the devs weee!

I specifically knew people who argued theirs would never be removed and no action would be taken and *BAM* told yuh so! harhar

Great to see everyone again:D

O

oompaloompa

I think it is good that they finally did such a thing with the vine cords and i do some what feel bad for the people who actually spent the irl cash to purchase. I remember at one time that neon hair dye NPC was put into the economy to be a gold dump. I dont see why it would be a problem to do such a thing with other things in the game expecially those rare shrouds that are all over the place. Unless they do this with the moonglow even they have had with those shrouds that were looted. Perhaps they are preparing to allow them to be crafted. What do you guys think?

A

Archangel Azrael

Yes I was happy as well. I noticed the nay sayers aren't here posting that they were wrong when they said " nothing will happen to vine cords, they will never be deleted". LOL

Death Omen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would anyone who had sold any of these want to imply otherwise? I highly doubt your ever guna see anyone Promoting the deletion of an item in one thread and selling the item in the next thread lol.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope the deletion of these Vine Cords is not a slippery slope. Expecting players to know that an item that has been around for 4 years or longer has been duped is unreasonable. Rare collecting is a difficult profession as it is without worrying what is going to be deleted next.

Whatever happened to handling the rest of the changling duped items? They only took care of the most obvious one, the robes. But there is a lot of other stuff out there like glacial daggers and spellbooks.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I understood,
1) there are no more vine cords left in the game (unless someone knows how to store items without being part of the sweep).
2) no attempt was made to try and discriminate the original vine cords (even if they could) because the argument made was that they could not have been duped without the consent of the last owner of original vine cords before they were duped.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hasn't it been stated somewhere in the past that the last owner of the original pair had their account closed by EA several years ago, WITH the originals ON the account when it was sealed?

So, that the duping going on the last 4-5 years has been dupes of the dupes, or hiden stockpiles of existing dupes?

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh, I can't imagine that being anything else but speculation.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hasn't it been stated somewhere in the past that the last owner of the original pair had their account closed by EA several years ago, WITH the originals ON the account when it was sealed?

So, that the duping going on the last 4-5 years has been dupes of the dupes, or hiden stockpiles of existing dupes?
This is what Manticore said on uoforums.com:

Welp, I've stated this a couple of times before giving the history of the item and I'll do it again so there are no confusions. I was the owner of the original pair of vine cords. Given to me by a Seer way before AoS. No mods back then just a stupid pair of sandles with green color. This was on Sonoma shard. Anyhow, I sold it for 5 mil before 2000 or 2001 don't remember. But it stayed on Sonoma. After AoS, the new owner back then icqed and basically showed me the sandles with mods. I was like damn hehe. So it was his prize posession for long time until EM events started. He traded I believe after Season II or III for one of the original Wind Spirits that came out of Legend shard. Next thing I know they started show up on big rare dealers about 3 months after that. Then I got disgusted and stopped following the trail.

D

DVI

Tomas, I'm not sure where you're getting your information from, but the original pair of vine cords was lost many years ago.

Initially there was one pair which was then duped at least several times, after that it was lost by some means, presumably by being held on a banned account.

This means that any vine cords that have existed since then have been either dupes or the original pair, or dupes or dupes, the latter of the two being far more likely.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, the question is where are you getting your information from?

How can anyone tell? Heck, the guy who duped them could have confused between two and sold the original and kept the duped one. No way to know! Not that it matters one bit.