• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

First level of Training of a Firesteed...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Folks, just a quick question: I find it a pain in the a** to train my firesteed for the first level so that I can adjust resistances. Any hints, which mob will be best for fast and safe gains up to the second round?

Thank you!

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Crazed mage I think still works best, but if your pet is too squishy might use another 3 slot pet to tank something and let your firesteed beat on it for gains.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some other 'mobs' give the same 'level / amount' of ("greatly") gains for pet training progress as the crazed mage ...

0. crazed mage => bottom level of shame - easiest sparring partner overall - hits rather weak - just has some fire bursts with spells in between
1. burning mage => bottom level of shame - nasty fire area effect as well as dragon breath - so keep a distance - not recommended for unbonded pets
2. unbound energy vortex (UBEV) => bottom level of shame - only use these if your trainee has already got "boosted" energy resists and is also advanced with skills (wrestling / tactics) as those can have wrestling above 130 (!) - not recommended for unbonded pets
3. Allosaurus => Eodon valley - hits very hard, has wrestling up to over 140 - trainee needs good skills / resists and / or a tanking pet - you cannot gate in / out
4. Navrey Night-Eyes => Underworld - CON - no easy access on most shards - 1 & 2-slot trainees need a tank pet - not recommended for unbonded pets.

One (1) and two slot trainees can also get "greatly gains" vs. wind elementals (!). Those are also found on the bottom level of Shame. A fresh tamed fire steed can train there easily with a decent healer behind the pet. It seems you need about three of them to bring your pet to 100%.

The same trainees also get such gains from eternal gazers - also in Shame - one "level" upwards. Although those are way tougher opponents.

Personally I have no experiences with pirates as sparring partners for pets. Two much of a grind for my taste to get there.

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
If you're training a pet that has low HP, you can take to the crazed mage and keep casting poison field on the mage. The mage will spend all his mana casting cure and dispel. I did this to train my 1 slot fire beetle. Beetle only died a couple times and it was WAY faster than having another pet tank it.