• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

First Chess Tournament Later Today

• Thread starter imported_sedusa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_sedusa

by Luc on the January 31st, 2008 on the blog

In view of the success of the bake off last week end,

I will attempt a first chess tournament with 2x logic this afternoon between 2pm and 3pm PST.

If the night is clear, we might also have a star gazing party later in the evening between 8pm and 9pm PST, so bring out your telescopes.

Vulcans welcomed,

Cheers,

Luc

M

MonaLittlemore

Where is the chess tournament ? Is it on a specific lot or all logic lots ?

G

So ,don't need to be 6 sims on the lot playing chess to have 2x speed?

G

I think I'm going to miss the chess tournament since I'll be driving home from work, but hopefully I can get in a few minutes of stargazing before I head to bed at 11-ish over on EST.

I always miss the fun stuff... I think I'll call in sick the next time a big $ event is announced. <coughs> lol

Those of you who play in the tourney will have to let us know how it works out!

G

"..between 2pm and 3pm PST. If the night is clear, we might also have a star gazing party later in the evening between 8pm and 9pm PST..."

No that's 4-5 PM Central time, and 10 and 11 PM Central time...

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

It appears that it has started...I can't get into a logic skill place to save my sim life!

I

imported_MooMooLand

Well, it really isint THAT much faster, i dont see any difference, but my sims logic skill is at 19.77, so maybe thats why it still seems slow.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

Does it show a skill speed percentage higher than 118? /curious

I

imported_MooMooLand

nope, still shows 118%, we immed Luc, and he said its not showing, but its supposed to be faster.

G

Its kind of hard to tell if its faster or not, its not whizzing by, thats for sure !

Its got everyone talking though, which is a nice bonus

Polly

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

Its kind of hard to tell if its faster or not, its not whizzing by, thats for sure !

Its got everyone talking though, which is a nice bonus

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you located? It's like a funeral where I'm at.

J

jennnnny

For an extra bonus... it seems like needs are decaying twice as fast. Anyone else notice?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Luc was spotted at Zabrina's today during the big chess tournament.

Maybe it's just me, but he doesn't appear to be too impressed with chess tournaments.

G

Well apparently at one place the speed shows at 188% and is definitely faster than normal. The place I'm at is showing 118%

Polly

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

The speed just went up to 188%!

EDIT: at least where I am it is.

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

Ours went up to 198% !!!

Nyah nyah !!

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

We got the 198%, too, but I didn't want to brag.
NEENER NEENER!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Luc was spotted at Zabrina's today during the big chess tournament.

Maybe it's just me, but he doesn't appear to be too impressed with chess tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... is this significant of Luc's dedication to the game?
Or is it simply - him standing in a puddle of his own pee?

Inquiring minds.... and all that.

J

JRock

I don't think it is working like it is supposed to. All the skills are currently at 207 %.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

well it says 118% again. I only stopped to pee and grab a bite to eat once. Went from 0 to 5pts during that hour. So for one hour of skilling I believe the speed was faster. Can't say it was twice as fast but hard to tell.

B

BarbaraBGS

this was a BIG disappointment. yes, it was hard to find a logic house, but i did. The higher percent didn't start until shortly before 3pm pst and it was at 188%, then went to 198% then to 207% and it ended 25 minutes after it started.

Sending maxis a math book for a valentine's present - and maybe a clock or timer too.

G

Well it was the first time they've ever done this, surely they're entitled to a little time to get it right?

There is another hour scheduled later for those that are able to play, maybe it will work more smoothly next time.

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

I had a great time
!

[/ QUOTE ]
It was fun while it lasted, but the short duration suggests it was more for them than for us.
Still....