• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) First Annual Britannian Ball

Logan Anderson

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Greeting!

I have reason to celebrate towards the end of this month, and so I shall be hosting a party to coincide with it! On January 31st around 8:00 EST, inside Castle Blackthorn, we'll be celebrating. We'll celebrate King Blackthorn, EM Avalon, and anything else we can think to celebrate.

We'll begin with a jousting tournament to begin the night, then move onto dinner. Archers will compete to earn the favor of nobles, then sailors will participate in the ultimate sailors' competition: Small Boat Sailing. After the sailors recover in the bar, we'll move onto cow tipping and conclude with the Closing Ceremonies. Each event will have a reward to coincide with it, both honorary and practical.

Represent your city, and earn the respect of its citizens! I cannot speak for other Governors, but citizens of Britain will be granted a special title for participating (and winning - you are of Britain after all).

Take this as your invitation to the First Annual Britannian Ball - everyone is welcome, and I hope to see you!

~Logan Anderson

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This sounds 95% lovely.
The 8:00 PM EST bit kills it for me, though. :(

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Living in the future can be sad sometimes. :p

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL

If your future self can tell me what the lotto numbers are tonight, I'll split it!!! bahahahaha

Last edited:

Logan Anderson

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Regarding the Jousting Competition:
Lances will be provided that have Use Best Weapon Skill, and Mage Weapon -25. Jewelry will be provided for those who need to compensate the magery loss. And shields will be provided to those who prefer to wield one. Also, uniforms will be provided based on what city you wish to represent during the celebration - so leave your polished armor, weapons, and jewelry at home. Anyone who is found guilty of wearing anything but that which is provided, will be disqualified.

Last edited:

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regarding the Jousting Competition:
Lances will be provided that have Use Best Weapon Skill, and Mage Weapon -25. Jewelry will be provided for those who need to compensate the magery loss. And shields will be provided to those who prefer to wield one. Also, uniforms will be provided based on what city you wish to represent during the celebration - so leave your polished armor, weapons, and jewelry at home. Anyone who is found guilty of wearing anything but that which is provided, will be disqualified.

How can you have a jousting competition in tram if your not in same guild and you cant dismount from a mount

Logan Anderson

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
How can you have a jousting competition in tram if your not in same guild and you cant dismount from a mount
From UOguide's page on lances:

"As of Publish 21 it's Dismount attack functions in a different way to other weapons. It may only be used while mounted and riding against characters who are also holding a lance. Dismounting in this manner will not inflict fall damage on the opponent."

And with the addition of arenas, we may hold organized jousting inside the rule set enforced by King blackthorn all across the trammel facet.

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From UOguide's page on lances:

"As of Publish 21 it's Dismount attack functions in a different way to other weapons. It may only be used while mounted and riding against characters who are also holding a lance. Dismounting in this manner will not inflict fall damage on the opponent."

And with the addition of arenas, we may hold organized jousting inside the rule set enforced by King blackthorn all across the trammel facet.

Does a mage have to have tactics to use the special's?

Logan Anderson

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Does a mage have to have tactics to use the special's?
As I understand it, a Mage will require 70 tactics and a fighting skill to use the dismount attack. The main reason the lances will have a Mage weapon property is for those who have higher magery than fighting skill, will have their magery factored into their hit chance instead of the fighting skill. But you bring up a fair point; the jewels will have +15 magery, +15 fencing, +30 tactics. The lances will have mw-20, ubws, lower requirements, and damage increase.

This will leave participants requiring 40 tactics, 55 fencing, and as much or little magery as they'd like. Will this accommodate you properly?

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
We'll be dancing the whole while! The competitions are just distractions from the dancing - how long can one dance before they're exhausted?

From personal experience, 18 hours. My feet were bleeding after that, but it was darn worth to welcome Spring like that in 2010, bloody heck.