• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

First Aid Belt Plus Enhanced Bandages?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Enhanced Bandages add +10 Healing/Veterinary skill when used (does not exceed 120). Every 10 Vet adds +2 to minimum damage healed, and +5 to maximum damage healed. Every 100 Max Health of the pet adds +1 to Minimum/Maximum Healing. With 120 Lore/GM Vet, you'd heal a 600 Max Health pet for 53-90 damage, assuming no bandy slips. With 120 Lore/110 Vet (such as GM Vet+Enhanced Bandage), you'd heal that same 600 Max Health pet for 55-95.
When worn, the First Aid Belt adds +10% Healing Done at the end of the calculation. So the 120 Lore/110 Vet scenario would become a 60-104 heal with the First Aid Belt on.

The biggest Vet heal without Bandage Healing Bonus % from gear/buffs, is a 120 Lore/120 Vet heal on a 1,000 Max HP pet for 61-104. The absolute biggest possible Vet heal with Bandage Healing Bonus % (35% total from Asclepius+First Aid Belt+Town Bonus) is 82-140.

Last edited:

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the information. I'm currently 120 Vet and 120 Lore. On top of that, I'm using the First Aid Belt plus Enhanced Bandages in the belt.

Nash

Sage
Enhanced Bandages add +10 Healing/Veterinary skill when used (does not exceed 120). Every 10 Vet adds +2 to minimum damage healed, and +5 to maximum damage healed. Every 100 Max Health of the pet adds +1 to Minimum/Maximum Healing. With 120 Lore/GM Vet, you'd heal a 600 Max Health pet for 53-90 damage, assuming no bandy slips. With 120 Lore/110 Vet (such as GM Vet+Enhanced Bandage), you'd heal that same 600 Max Health pet for 55-95.
When worn, the First Aid Belt adds +10% Healing Done at the end of the calculation. So the 120 Lore/110 Vet scenario would become a 60-104 heal with the First Aid Belt on.

The biggest Vet heal without Bandage Healing Bonus % from gear/buffs, is a 120 Lore/120 Vet heal on a 1,000 Max HP pet for 61-104. The absolute biggest possible Vet heal with Bandage Healing Bonus % (35% total from Asclepius+First Aid Belt+Town Bonus) is 82-140.

1622911810458.png

It can and will take you over the 120 healing cap in how much you're healed

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 119982

It can and will take you over the 120 healing cap in how much you're healed
Look at the specific wording of that. "This can take you over your skill cap". Not "the skill cap". For example, if you have GM Vet, haven't eaten a PS yet, and equip a +20 Vet Jewelry, it does absolutely nothing, because your skill cap is still GM. In that same circumstance though, using a Enhanced Bandage would take you to 110 Vet in terms of damage healed, because the Enhanced Bandage goes over your skill cap. It does not exceed the skill cap of 120 though.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't the belts have to be worn to get the bonus?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't the belts have to be worn to get the bonus?
I would think so. The HP regen only works if it is worn. But since the bandages are inside of it, maybe it does work.

I would like to know for sure. I have 110 healing on my macer, I Could use 10 points on another skill if the bonus' stack.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look at the specific wording of that. "This can take you over your skill cap". Not "the skill cap". For example, if you have GM Vet, haven't eaten a PS yet, and equip a +20 Vet Jewelry, it does absolutely nothing, because your skill cap is still GM. In that same circumstance though, using a Enhanced Bandage would take you to 110 Vet in terms of damage healed, because the Enhanced Bandage goes over your skill cap. It does not exceed the skill cap of 120 though.
Where did you read, that it does not exceed your skill cap over 120, if your vet has 120 realskill?

I mean the wording is:

1623051631977.png

"Using them effectively adds 10 to your...Veterinary skills. This bonus can take you over your skill cap in terms of how much you can heal..."

Where did u read that veterinary healing amount ends at 120% veterinary instead of virtual 130%?

official wording from uo.com, Pub101: "first Aid Belt – this blessed belt container safely holds up to 1000 bandages, offers 50% weight reduction, +2 Hit Point Regen, and 10% bandage healing bonus while equipped that stacks with other healing bonuses."
So they write: "...while equipped that stacks with other healing bonuses."

I think, I have to ask the devs next meet and greed on my home shard, to get an accurate explanation for interaction between first aid belt, enhanced bandies and having all taming skills at real 120%. :)

Last edited: