• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Firelight

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Finishing the last of the packing, Aedon had Llyr load the wagon, and head off into the night. It had been a long night, and he was glad that the work had finally ended. Walking back into the Rest, he poured himself a cup of tea and went to set before the hearth. It was a quiet night, and though outside the winds of early December howled, within the Tavern all was warm and inviting.

He often sat her alone, when the doors had closed for the night, and all others had gone home. This was his favorite time of the night, and one of the few things which gave his heart any peace these days. Stretching out his legs, he sipped the fae brew and watched as the embers danced across the logs, and made their way popping and crackling up the chimney. And though he knew he would miss this time, and the solitude which Aegis had long offered him, he knew that he would find another hearth and there would always be tea.

The out buildings of the Rest had been cleared of all personal items, and left ready for what purpose may in time be assigned to them. And he had already sent out messages to those who had reserved use of a building or room that all was in readiness for them. His departure must not affect the workings of the Glade. He had prepared a letter to be sent to Gillian and Thom, and it should be delivered the following day.

Finishing his tea, he went behind the bar, and washed his favorite cup. He held it up for a moment admiring the graceful tracings of shamrocks which worked their way around the brim, working their way down and around the handle. He had carried this item for longer than he could remember and now it was time to prepare it for another trip.

Reaching into a cabinet, he drew out a clean bar cloth, and wrapped the cup with care, placing it then in his pack. He called for his cat, and in her time the small black feline worked her way lazily to him. Picking her up, he tucked her tightly into the crook of his arm.

Walking outside, he looked towards the pond. Already a thin sheet of crystal like ice covered the surface of the water. Turning back, he looked at the form of the Knights looming into the night before his eyes. The windows were now dark, but outside the Rest glittered with the many lights covering the trees. Smiling, he looked to his cat and said;

“Well Kili, looks like she is all dressed up for what is to come.”

Opening his rune-book-while keeping his sight locked on the Knights Rest he touched a rune, and vanished into the night.

(note: I am not leaving the game, just stepping back into a more private world while I deal with things in my life. To all whose company has been a lifeline for me from time to time, my sincere thanks. I am leaving the Knights Rest in the capable hands of Gillian and Thom. If you need to use the building or the out buildings, please contact them.)

p.s. Mylar keep on stabbing people.