• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire steeds!

hijii

Visitor
So, tired of seeing everyone with greater dragons, and always being up for something new (I've GM'd an oldschool chicken, a snake - not so easy, try it!), I've decided to catch myself the perfect pair of fire steeds to hunt with.

Hunting with a pack is always more tricky - the individual animals have a greater chance of dying (less hp), there's two targets to heal instead of one and you're more likely to have one of your pets run off when it get aggro'd.

Well all that to say i've seen very little written on using fire steeds, uoguide says they are basically not worth it. with a taming difficulty of 106 and two slots, you'd think a pair would pack a punch!

Well, waiting for them to bond - anyone have any success with a pair of fire steeds willing to share stories?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have a pair of god like ones, have had them for years.
i use them when im killing undead stuff in any kind of great numbers.
they chew through them hella fast.
with the 80% hit in fire and the pack instincts they work awesome in a pair.

years ago there was a event with ancient lich lords in Wind, i took them in there and own'd the place.
you can take them into Khaldun as well, they work nice in there.

but really other then harvesting undead critters i dont use mine.

hijii

Visitor
Glad to hear they were at least used at some point - stop having the gather dust, I"m sure they miss you!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, they pack a decent punch. Hoping they get a nice little buff in the coming pet revamp too :)

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think we should bring back chicken and bunny fights. Build a ring, bet on the outcome kind of thing. Used to do them a long time ago, was big fun!

hijii

Visitor
Yes, was training my chicken for fights but left the game for a few years. now not sure anyone has them anymore. my chicken can solo a few bulls now.

Wish they would be more open about the pet revamp... hope steeds get a lift. looks classy to have two. think8ng of complimenting with an ozzy

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use 2 lowland bouras up to 594 hp, pack instinct and 0 taming 0 lore to control if I need pets on a non tamer char.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, was training my chicken for fights but left the game for a few years. now not sure anyone has them anymore. my chicken can solo a few bulls now.

Wish they would be more open about the pet revamp... hope steeds get a lift. looks classy to have two. think8ng of complimenting with an ozzy
*mic drop*

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fire steeds do amazing damage, especially if you're a spell-weaving tamer, imps share pack instinct with fire steeds. (summon fiend)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tested them alongside a summoned fiend (with spellweaving)? in theory, that would increase the pack to 3 as they both have demon pack instinct.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could spam this thread with fully trained critters on my various quirky tamers. Fully trained hinds, fully trained slimes, fully trained squirrels, and so on and so forth. The thought of a deer easily taking down an ogre just makes me chuckle.

I haven't, however, done the fire steed yet, although I'm planning on it. I was thinking of doing a tiger with 3 predatory hell cats next, although sadly the tiger doesn't have the cat instinct. If only....

Another of my favorite quirky tamers was a necro dire wolf tamer. I raised my taming just enough to bond all my dire wolfs, then dropped it completely and summon a dark wolf to control them.

A pack of frost spiders can deal out damage that far surpasses greater dragons, but they just can't take a hit. I wonder if I could convince Mesana to add a Veterinary specialty which would let you heal a pack of followers at the cost of mana or something.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 trained Fire Steeds will out damage a GD against Fire Weak opponents. They're just really frail.

hijii

Visitor
That's the problem with having two "frail-er" animals instead of just one. With uo assist having one pet is the easiest thing to manage. It would be nice to have a bigger advantage to having 2+ pets. Pack instinct is nice, but considering I never see a tamer with a pack of 2+ animals at a spawn anymore means the disadvantages far outweight the advantages of pack instinct.

On my my steeds just bonded last night and yes, they are frail! I'm reserving judgment on which is better, a mare or a steed.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 pack of hellhounds with highest HPs and best resists you can get are epic. Mine (fully trained) can take down a swoop in under 6 seconds. But you wanna talk about frail... Yeesh!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I enjoy the power of my pack of 2 Wolf Spiders and a Frost Spider... they are nasty but can't take a hit. Squishy bugs...