• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire Steed Training

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was looking for fire steed builds, didn't find much...so going to post my experiment here. Not the best steed, but only an example.
Start screen

upload_2018-1-27_0-20-37.png

Total points at level 2

upload_2018-1-27_0-23-30.png

Magic Abilities

upload_2018-1-27_0-21-18.png

Special Moves

upload_2018-1-27_0-21-47.png

Area Effects

upload_2018-1-27_0-22-29.png

After using 1501 points

upload_2018-1-27_0-55-39.png

Last edited:

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would love for you add your builds here, pvp and pvm, if you'd like to share... :)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Have quite a few fire steeds, tend to be the mounted go to pet of several guildies.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have trained a few fire steeds. I have a lightly scrolled spell weaver with armor ignore, a mystic/AI, also lightly scrolled (still working on getting mystic to 120), a chiv/AI (not scrolled). Last one has chiv/AI/goo.
I like them for the most part. They sure are better trained to 5 slot then they were as a 2 slot pet.

A fun thing I found with the chiv steeds, when they cast cure, they will make the happy horse sound. Took me a while to figure out the sound was coming from my steed and not another horse type pet.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I love they way pet stats and points are displayed on pinco's ui.
Is pincos only used on EC? How do I download it? Any safe websites to install? Is it hard to install? Does it cause problems?
Thanks in advance for info..

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I love they way pet stats and points are displayed on pinco's ui.
Is pincos only used on EC? How do I download it? Any safe websites to install? Is it hard to install? Does it cause problems?
Thanks in advance for info..
Can it be used at all in Classic Client?
Pinco's is EC only. It's a UI mod for the EC, so you will need the normal EC installed first before you can use it.

Setup Guide for Pinco's: Setup Guide
Official Website: Pinco's UI
Stratics Support: Pinco's UI

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I like chiv and mysticism is really turning into a winner in my book too. My mystic steed hit 116 last night, so she’s almost done, yay!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
During the Titan attacks, my thunter took her Myst trained mare out, watching that mare toss a boulder was fun

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think I gave Mysticism to my platinum energy drake... watching one of those lob a boulder is rather fun...

IMO Necro pets ought to be able to at least animate the dead... mystic pets should be able to at least cast animated weapon... at the very least... and it would be nice if they could go into stone form... but that would require the DEVs to make a pet version of stone form... which probably wouldn't work.. but it could be fun...

They should also be able to do reaper form... why not??? but they probably wouldn't know how to figure out how to get out of those forms...

Love to see my pet go into beast form of necro... that would be nice.

Perhaps the way would be to stable the pet and that would remove all forms? or something...

Anyway... just me overthinking probably. But if we can do it why can't they?

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You know, even after so many pets, you sometimes mess up....
Before I commit to any changes, can I get a second opinion before I hit OK, please and thank you

upload_2018-2-21_12-57-7.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are you going to be fighting that does poison and cold damage?

Otherwise. Make sure the max damage is done. I dont see a Chiv scroll.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just like to have pretty numbers in my stats, I am so heartbroken that i could not have 777 mana :(
max damage i can get out of this guy is 22, after 700 str..
chiv is already at 120

ty for the second looksy

Lynz00

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
No, unfortunately you cant use Inferno cause it already has the Magical Ability of Dragons Breath (would have been nice if they let us overwrite abilities or specials with another an let it drop the original imo.)

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fire steed training in progress.
Base resists 37/73/30/34/40.
Wanting to go 80/75/80/65/65.

This build likely will have armor ignore/explosive goo/chivalry. Cold resist is top priority, with the rest proving difficult. Maybe tame another with 70 or less fire resist?
Looking for input on resists, specifically poison/energy.

Thanks.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fire steed training in progress.
Base resists 37/73/30/34/40.
Wanting to go 80/75/80/65/65.

This build likely will have armor ignore/explosive goo/chivalry. Cold resist is top priority, with the rest proving difficult. Maybe tame another with 70 or less fire resist?
Looking for input on resists, specifically poison/energy.

Thanks.
Well I would ask, what are you wanting to kill with it?

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I would ask, what are you wanting to kill with it?
Mainly cold based creatures.

Attempting to strike a balance between poison resist and fire/energy resist regarding spell damage from magery (fire, lightning, poison) and/or necromancy (poison,corpse skin).

The 80/75/80/65/65 split appeared serviceable for that purpose. Checking if there was an alternate reason to overweight either poison or energy resist vs. the other.

Thanks.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Mainly cold based creatures.

Attempting to strike a balance between poison resist and fire/energy resist regarding spell damage from magery (fire, lightning, poison) and/or necromancy (poison,corpse skin).

The 80/75/80/65/65 split appeared serviceable for that purpose. Checking if there was an alternate reason to overweight either poison or energy resist vs. the other.

Thanks.
There are quite a few bosses who have lowest fire or second lowest fire resists, making fire steeds a good choice for many encounters (unless you have a fire damage drake. Some of these have energy damage as part of their base attack.

For our fire steeds we have gone 80,75,70,70,70 and have done every encounter from Roof to Dark Father with them

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are quite a few bosses who have lowest fire or second lowest fire resists, making fire steeds a good choice for many encounters (unless you have a fire damage drake. Some of these have energy damage as part of their base attack.

For our fire steeds we have gone 80,75,70,70,70 and have done every encounter from Roof to Dark Father with them
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like multipe builds maybe in order.

I just tamed two fresh steeds, Str 398, and 391. Will their str increase as I train? I’m a complete newb to animal training. I read that two steeds is the way to go in Gauntlet.. any input on what I should put on these steeds would be great. After reading a bit more I guess I can train one to 3 slot but leave the other at 2... I’m not sure which steed should get what, should I make the 3 slot have more dmg.. or hit points to kind of be the pseudo tank?

Last edited:
I just read through that the other night, and was looking through it again. Appreciate it though, The taming guide has still left me with some questions on what to do with the steeds.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get one that is 2 slot and you can follow the basic building guide.

Round One: You want the pet to be able to take hits and do some damage to make the next rounds go faster.

1. Set Stamina to MAXIMUM
2. Set Dexterity to MAXIMUM
3. Set resists where you want them
4. I put 100 more HP
5. Set mana to 400
6. Rest in Strength

Round Two:

1. Set mana regen to MAXIMUM
2. Set HP to 600
3. Strength to 700
4. Any points left can go in HP regen

Last round you will have to cut some corners if you want to add Chivalry.

Round Three:

Max base damage
Put on Armor Ignore
Add scrolls (dont waste 120s on this pet)
rest in HP up to 700

If you leave it magery you can put more in HP and Int.

My Fire Steed sits in the stable. They need more points to use effectively.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I read that two steeds is the way to go in Gauntlet.. any input on what I should put on these steeds would be great. After reading a bit more I guess I can train one to 3 slot but leave the other at 2...
Are you sure they meant 1 player with 2? I think they mean 2 players with a 5 slot each.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
And the other nice question would be:
You have 2 Fire steeds, one 2 slot and one 3 slot. Do they maintain/use pack instinct? I dont know the answer to this, but may be important. Also do pack instincts boost up damage a lot with 2 pets?
By the way you meant Doom gauntlet right?

And the other nice question would be:
You have 2 Fire steeds, one 2 slot and one 3 slot. Do they maintain/use pack instinct? I dont know the answer to this, but may be important. Also do pack instincts boost up damage a lot with 2 pets?
By the way you meant Doom gauntlet right?
Yes sir, doom gauntlet. I would assume two firesteeds will have pack instincts if I’m controlling both, Regardless of slots. I read someone’s post about hell hounds, training one from 1 slot to 2 and fitting that one as a “tank” for the others for pack instincts.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Firesteeds need more training points AND necromage as an option! I've always wanted a necro fire steed.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Firesteeds need more training points AND necromage as an option! I've always wanted a necro fire steed.

I think your best bet may be necro on tamer where you can reliably cast the corpse skin though, THEN they can do their job and burn the living crap out of the mob, especially when they cast EoO, and CW. Reliability is the key word here, as you suspect.. And, as a tamer you may have to recast it and recast it when DF or other mob uncurses self..:)

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think your best bet may be necro on tamer where you can reliably cast the corpse skin though, THEN they can do their job and burn the living crap out of the mob, especially when they cast EoO, and CW. Reliability is the key word here, as you suspect.. And, as a tamer you may have to recast it and recast it when DF or other mob uncurses self..:)
I think I want necro on a fire steed because it'd be badass, doesn't have to be the top in dps :)

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I think I want necro on a fire steed because it'd be badass, doesn't have to be the top in dps :)

Yep, it could be if it would cast necro spells in correct sequence. The necro AI as I hear from out experts so far is not so hot, and it costs a TON of training points. But I agree, the graphics of the spells etc are cool to watch..lol:)

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Necro costs 1501 training points, and in my experience it's not good on pets. They don't use any of the forms or animate dead.

I've been thinking of making a ai/chiv fire steed though, because I've never had one, plus my tamer is necro mage so being able to use corpse skin with it would be nice. Do fire steeds have enough points to do AI/Chiv or will they be low on HP's? Anyone have screen shots of a ai/chiv fire steed?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Necro costs 1501 training points, and in my experience it's not good on pets. They don't use any of the forms or animate dead.

I've been thinking of making a ai/chiv fire steed though, because I've never had one, plus my tamer is necro mage so being able to use corpse skin with it would be nice. Do fire steeds have enough points to do AI/Chiv or will they be low on HP's? Anyone have screen shots of a ai/chiv fire steed?
I think Khaelor may have a build on his cah site. Also may be an idea to build one on TC1, put scrolls on, and see how points fit before you invest the time in production.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Anyone have screen shots of a ai/chiv fire steed?
Here is one I trained up a while ago, I learned a few things since then, but this guy is fine. A couple of things to note, I did max the base damage (didn't sreenshot that page) and I did not put any scrolls on this steed.
CFS1.PNG CFS2.PNG CFS3.PNG CFS4.PNG

And here is a fire steed I trained up, shortly after the chiv/ai fire steed. Reason for posting this guy is basically to show what I lightly scrolled fire steed looks like, so only 2 pages. Except for the resists and scrolls, my spellweaving fire steed is roughly the same as the chiv/ai fire steed above.
SWFS.PNG SWFS1.PNG

Hope that gives you a little help as to what is possible with fire steeds

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes they would die to quickly if anything mean attacks them.

If you have a mob that is on a 5 slot pet and will never change targets you could use 5 1 slot pack instinct pets to aid in killing.

Yes they would die to quickly if anything mean attacks them.

If you have a mob that is on a 5 slot pet and will never change targets you could use 5 1 slot pack instinct pets to aid in killing.
Thanks, I found someone discussing their AI/feint/Chiv steed. Do you think that would be good for Doom gaunt?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not sure but would't feint cost 500 extra points because it needs Bushido or Ninjitsu? Then you would need to pay 500 more for Chiv.

You best try that combo on test center first.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've always thought that Necro pets should be allowed to animate dead... there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to do this... I guess I can see why they can't summon a RC or EV or Revenant but honestly they ought to be able to do animate dead...

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I've always thought that Necro pets should be allowed to animate dead... there is no reason why they shouldn't be able to do this... I guess I can see why they can't summon a RC or EV or Revenant but honestly they ought to be able to do animate dead...
I think at the very least they should be able to do anything that wild mobs with necro can do; skeletal dragons cast Revenant-pets can't even do that.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I could see it not doing Revenants and such then you have 2 followers essentially with 5 slots...

But as for animating corpses... those don't count as followers... even if you were a necro/mystic/mage you can cast 2 EVs and have tons of animated corpses... you can cast a RC and animate corpses... therefore your pet ought to be able to do it as well...

Should be able to do many things that they don't let them do... casting lesser summons like the animated weapon, field of blades... heck they should be able to cast fields as a mage.