• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire Magic and Archery 101

Mortitia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Fire Magic 101
1/Raise Favor with Velkort
2/ Collect reagents to learn spells (once)
- Fire Dust (drop from fire sheep and fire spider)
- Sulfur (Cows and random drops in Kur)
- Saltpeter (Random drop in Kur), you can also mine it but its not worth the trouble raising it so far
3/ Equip a fire staff
4/ Fight

Archery 101
1/ Raise foraging to 40 (i think)
2/ Raise Favor with Jara
3/ Raise favor with Elahil
4/ Raise favor with Azalak
5/ Raise Carpentry to 36
6/ Raise Alchemy to 35
7/ Raise Surveying to 15
8/ Raise Geology to 10 (connected with surveying)
9/ Raise Fletching to 48
10/ Collect reagents (destroyed on use) to make different kind of arrows , example for high lvl arrows, all of them are needed :
- Oak Wood (on floor)
- Cedar Wood (on floor)
- Cat eyeballs (tigers)
- Pieces of green glass (very rare drop, better use surveying)
- Antlers : Bucks
- Rotten strawberries (random drop)
- Fulgurite : Lightning pigs in the hand dungeon
- Bone Hook : rare drop from hook beast in necro tower
- Giant spider legs : high lvl spiders
- Toxic Sludges : Poison slugs
- Sulfur (Cows and random drops in Kur)
- Feathers : skin chickens
- Bottles of water (vendor 50 or 100g)
- Beakers (vendor 1200g for a bundle of reservoir arrows)
11/ Dry your arrows, wait 8 hours
12/ Equip a bow
13/ Fight

/rants off

Last edited:

Rojjin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Your thing about surveying for green glass, I'd suggest against it.. It has a relative appearance rate in surveys of about 3%... done on a test of 2k surveys, with each survey yielding between 1 and 3 pieces.. its atrociously slow

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This reminds me: I need to finish the Fire Magic articles on the wikia.

The info you've put here is already in the wikia, though. I know this because I put it there myself. There's also the Fire Magic trainer in Kur (I forget her name), but she's not very important.

Mortitia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Rojj,
yes i admit rate is low on surveying but more than 3% from my experience but the droprate on this is so erratic that its a viavle way to get some. Another option could be to have a way to crush bottle of water.

Grem,
this post is not supposed to replace the wiki, it's a subtle warning to players and devs that there is a total inbalance between combat skills in terms of time and money sink for skills with comparable strength.

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
But there is still a pretty major time sink into Fire Magic. I could never have gotten Fire up so fast without yours and Seas help, because it's almost impossible to acquire all the Fire Dust, Sulphur, and Saltpeter needed without being much higher levels in other combat skills to get to the areas to farm that stuff. Though, as with many things, I imagine this will become a lot easier with player markets.

Archery will get a lot easier with player markets too, I'd imagine. Fletching could easily become a profession all of it's own, which is what I think the devs intend.

Mortitia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I understand the concept of professional crafters, but let's put it on an economic way. Mats from vendors cost around 1500g per bundle (reservoir arrows) without the dropped reagents from above. you can make 5 bundles a day (8 hours to be precise but i count as a normal RL player). So basic questions are :
- What price will you sell your bundle ? What margin will you have on each ?
- Is time spent on it more rewarding than hunting and selling loot for your own ?
- What an average player is willing to pay for a hunting session (1 bundle) while other combat skills may be free ?

In a lesser way, there is the same situation with sword (calligraphy quite expensive) and unarmed (meditation quite cheap).

Gremror

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You know, I think it has something to do with those combat skills being the first ones available to the player. Making the progression the way it is puts it more on par with other skills (or rather, in the future when all skills have prerequisites activated, like Battle Chem.), and encourages players to look at other combat skills.

If the first 4 combat skills you come across are super powerful (like they are) and easy to use in the long term, then there's a hell of a lot less incentive to learn other combat skills. Not everyone likes the challenge of learning things for the sake of learning them, so they'll stick with the first combat skills they come across if it's easy.