• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire Beetle vs. Gaint Beetle?

D

denssor

Hello guys and girls,
The question is pretty straight forward. Just want your opinion on what you think is better...

a fire beetle or a gaint beetle?

I personaly like the gaint beetle. It holds all my picks, ingots, tinker tools, hammers, sewing kits, cloth, and whatever else I may need. And my pack horse carries my ore to the forge.

L

Lilac Crypt

Fire beetle.

My opinion. (My blue bug has been comfortably stabled for almost a year now.)

5% Luck

Blue beetle is better!
The fire beetle requires me to lose my last item/target macro and doest allow me to smelt higher lvl ores with efficiency.
But for dungeon mining i still use the fire beetle. They seem to have better damage output/survivability.

G

Fire Beetle and pach llama. KR has some great UIs for mining as well.

N

Nicar

Both, stable can hold them both if not using, or take one out at a time.

G

I have both and enjoy what each can do for me. This is in 2D as I can't stand what my Bug looks like in KR.

Z

zOoMaN - BC

Blaze color anything hurts me eyes. So, if you have a fire beetle, you are toast for sure. But then again, if you have a giant beetle I'll still kill you so I guess it really doesn't matter.

K

Karyn XX

I work in Fel, so I don't carry 5,000 tools. I carry 1 sturdy tool, 1 garg pickaxe and 1 Prospector's Tool. Once I wear out the sturdy tool, I go home and dump my ingots and grab another sturdy tool. This way people like Zooman only get so much stuff and not several hours worth of work.

I use a Fire Beetle because I can carry a lot more ingots than any pack animal can carry the equivalent ore.

Iritating Zooman is just a bonus.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always get a laugh at players whose PvP skills are so poor that they only target non-combat characters.

I especially love it when they run into my Legendary swords/tactics miner or the 7x GM Dragon guarding my tamer miner.

Z

zOoMaN - BC

I'd love to run into your so-called "leet fighting miner". I prefer to work up a sweat when I slay an innocent. Tell me where I can find your leetness and we shall indeed meet.

Z

zOoMaN - BC

What is your miners name and where exactly can I find you?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm back. Was at work for seven days.

Anyway, why would I tell you his name and where I mine? That would make it just too easy. I said my miners were able to defend themselves I didn't say they were stupid.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely a Fire Beetle.

If you take out your Blue Beetle, you will have to return to a forge for every 150 ore (about 134 on the blue beetle and the rest in your pack) to smelt them into ingots. That's about once every 15 minutes. Add a pack horse and you only extend it by about 10 minutes.

With the fire beetle, you only have to return to your ingot storage location when you have about 3,000 or so ingots on you since you can smelt as you go and the ingots weigh 1/12th as much as the large ore. So you can keep mining for well over an hour or two before you have to recall out.

Also, with a fire beetle, the only item you need to take with you is a Tinker kit. Make all your shovels from the iron ingots you mine and smelt. No need to carry extra shovels etc.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I am mining for just ingots, I use my fire beetle. If I am mining for granite, then I use my giant beetle. My miner also has pretty high strength so I can hold my gargoyle's pickaxes and prospectors tools without a problem.