• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fire Beetle Advancements

scarecrow73

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I realize this has been discussed to death, but I may have missed something so I would like a little more clarification. I was under the impression that the choices where bottom up to ensure the Magic was chosen last. I am aware there is 3 special options unless there was no innate magics, in which one could select that after to make it 4. I did NOT realize, that if you selected a special ability that you could not then go back and select an area if you only had 2 specials.
I am attempting to make a fire beetle with RC and Nausea. I couldn't select Nausea until i had poison, (which seems silly since it doesn't use the poison skill) and so I tried bottom to top so I chose RC, then Poison. I completed the level up and proceeded to train pet in poison because I thought i had to raise poison to see the option for Nausea. I am now at the next level up and still no option for Nausea. In fact I ONLY see magics. So I am guessing I screwed up the bug. Not only will it not allow me to put Nausea on it but I cannot add any Special area or move. Poison/RC could still be a decent pet but that is not what I was trying to Create. I guess I am just asking for confirmation that indeed, once I select a magic I can no longer select anything other than magics regardless of how many advances I have/have not used. If I am incorrect then how would I go about getting the specials to show up for training?

UO Beetle.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is in the instructions we were given.

Selecting a new school of magic is not to be considered lightly, it will remove any innate magical ability the pet may have. You may only select a total of Three options, two from the first 3 categories shown here and one from the magical abilities list. Select in the order shown below, magical ability last. Keep in mind many pets already have a special ability, which cannot be overwritten. This reduces your choices.

• 1 area effect
  • 2 special moves
  • 1 special ability
  • 1 magical ability

In some cases, where the pet has nothing, you can choose poison first to get Poison Area abilities.

You choose the poison skill and then you still have to start at the bottom.

Put on the area ability
Then you can choose one more thing.

Just like it says above, you can only have 2 things from the first three categories up there.
But if you go out of order you cant get 3 things. The problem is, you picked RC first. You passed up Special Moves.

You can only get something like this on a Beetle.

1661219872373.png

Notice I can choose a Special Ability OR a special move because I put the Area on first.

I can either put RC or AI on this bug.

I picked AI.
Now it has 3 things so it is full.
1661220094204.png

Steps:
1. Pick poison to open poison area abilities.
2. Pick from the bottom up. Pick the Area ability
3. You can pick one more thing. Any 1 thing from Special Abilities or Moves.

When experimenting, copy to Test Center. Test Center copy is working right now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or Make a Triton the same way:
1661220281955.png
Overwrite poison with Chiv.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes and no at the very least if option B is going to override option A an are you sure message should pop up
The game does not read your mind. Every time I put AI first should the game say, are you sure you don't want an area ability? Then I would say, If I did, I would have put it on, you stupid game, mind your own business!

So you need to read the instructions, which have been there since it was live.

Or do it on TEST CENTER first.

It's just a Fire Beetle, you can make a new one in 3 hours or so.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The game does not read your mind. Every time I put AI first should the game say, are you sure you don't want an area ability? Then I would say, If I did, I would have put it on, you stupid game, mind your own business!

So you need to read the instructions, which have been there since it was live.

Or do it on TEST CENTER first.

It's just a Fire Beetle, you can make a new one in 3 hours or so.
IF choice B is going to override choice A then yes I'm sure i want to be asked or simply block out any further magic choices that appear

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IF choice B is going to override choice A then yes I'm sure i want to be asked or simply block out any further magic choices that appear
I do not know what you are calling choice A or B...+

Only pets that have poison ability can get poison abilities. So since neither beetle comes with natural poison, they can not get poison Areas until you put on poison. So the OP has no choice but to do that.

Same thing I did with my triton.

scarecrow73

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is/was just a Fire Beetle. I have looked through forums and searched for information but missed the portion above that specifically said choose poison then start at bottom. I started at the bottom, of options I could see, selected RC, then poison, which I thought would open up the area I wanted. It obviously didn’t/doesn’t work that way and was surprised because it was only 2 abilities so far. It is a lesson I learned and was basically verifying I made a mistake. I’m glad I didn’t scroll it yet. Hopefully having posted, others may learn from my mistake.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is/was just a Fire Beetle. I have looked through forums and searched for information but missed the portion above that specifically said choose poison then start at bottom. I started at the bottom, of options I could see, selected RC, then poison, which I thought would open up the area I wanted. It obviously didn’t/doesn’t work that way and was surprised because it was only 2 abilities so far. It is a lesson I learned and was basically verifying I made a mistake. I’m glad I didn’t scroll it yet. Hopefully having posted, others may learn from my mistake.
The problem is that Beetles are the only thing that has RC. Poison and poison abilities do not do much damage, some mobs are immune to poison. So that's why we put AI or AP and RC on Beetles. Would be nice if you could put more stuff on them.

You can make a FWW beetle. But practice on TC and go from the bottom up.