• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finishing my warrior

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Swords, Tactics, Parry, Anat, Healing GM'd with Chivalry at 70s... have 130 points left.

Should I have lumberjacking? Or Bushido? Or there's better suggestions?

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bushido or Resist, you may keep either one in stone. Pick the right skill before going to fight a specific mob.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Swords, Tactics, Parry, Anat, Healing GM'd with Chivalry at 70s... have 130 points left.

Should I have lumberjacking? Or Bushido? Or there's better suggestions?
Honestly I've mothballed or updated any fighters that aren't sampires. Healing is just so much tougher to do compared to a sampire. The only way i think healing warrior works is if you always xheal with someone else.

Also if you choose Bushido you will need to look at the block percentages with your parry and bushido and the type of weapon you are using (one or two handed). You run Bush Parry without a shield as its actually a worse block percent I think than holding a shield if you have bushido. There is some tricky math there.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, healing is a pain.

I'm building a new guy.
upload_2019-9-12_23-44-11.png

He can fight mean things as long as they do not paralyze him. So, the excludes many Mobs.
I'm trying to just use weapon LL and Confidence for healing and get used to that.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sampire2.jpg

I just don't think you can beat the Sampire.
Stats here include +15 Bushido and +12 Chivalry on jewelry (So 105 and 65 raw skill here.

Cast vampire embrace, wear as much LMC and stamina increase armor and jewelry with as much HCI/DCI you can get. Don't use a shield. Go for fast weapons - ones you can swing at cap with your total stamina. Weapon has mana and stamina leech (no life leech). You life leach each time you hit your opponent so swing like mad is the rule. The more mobs the better with whirlwind. With right slayer you can solo most things in the game save for high end bosses where you need help.

For things that para you alot - you can switch out anat for resist spells but then you do less dmg so you need some dmg increase jewelry.

Also I use macing cause its a cheap scroll to get and the weapons are as good as swords for a sampire. Use black staff's for whirlwind and war axe for armor ignore.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 101955

I just don't think you can beat the Sampire.
Stats here include +15 Bushido and +12 Chivalry on jewelry (So 105 and 65 raw skill here.

Cast vampire embrace, wear as much LMC and stamina increase armor and jewelry with as much HCI/DCI you can get. Don't use a shield. Go for fast weapons - ones you can swing at cap with your total stamina. Weapon has mana and stamina leech (no life leech). You life leach each time you hit your opponent so swing like mad is the rule. The more mobs the better with whirlwind. With right slayer you can solo most things in the game save for high end bosses where you need help.

For things that para you alot - you can switch out anat for resist spells but then you do less dmg so you need some dmg increase jewelry.

Also I use macing cause its a cheap scroll to get and the weapons are as good as swords for a sampire. Use black staff's for whirlwind and war axe for armor ignore.
Wammy out does Sampire, but requires more attention to play well. Curse Weapon+Vamp Form=70% Hit Life Drain, 3.5x the healing of a regular Sampire. A 100+ damage hit from Chief Paroxy panics a Sampire, a Wammy can just laugh it off and regain their entire health bar in a single Double Strike.

Macing isn't as good for Sampires as Swords is. Swords has the Double Axe, which has both Double Strike and Whirlwind on a single wep (making it function as both Single Target or AoE) that can obtain 1.25 swing speed with 180 Stam+20% SSI (obtainable through Jewelry). Swords also has the Bladed Staff, a 2H wep with AI that can easily reach max swing speed (150 Stamina+20% SSI) while retaining high Leech % (100% HML if reforged with no SSI on wep). Swords Mastery has Onslaught, which makes Double Strike out perform AI against a lot of foes. More Damage=More Healing. Onslaught also lets anyone deal more damage to the victim if they're utilizing the same Element damage as your wep.

Macing is good for a non-Sampire Warrior, such as a Dragoon template, which excels at fights like Blackthorn Captains (Necro and Samp Captains have Corrupted Life), Exodus, or Corgul. The -60% SSI debuff from Macing's "Stagger" mastery can neuter an opponent's damage output, giving bandy Healing time to kick in before the next hit is taken.

The combination of a Macer Dragoon and Fencer Dragoon x-healing each other is pretty damn impressive. This duo can take down bosses like Exodus, or farm Blackthorn Captains with ease. The Fencer uses Pierce 3x over 30 secs to drop Stamina down to 0%, then the Macer keeps Stagger up after that. Completely neuters the melee damage output of even the nastiest bosses.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the best necro level for me to add to make the sampire or wammy?
What should Karma be?

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am not sure if wammy is a good template if this is your main and perhaps only warrior. You are constantly casting curse weapon which lowers your karma - more than you get back by killing a mob. This means you cannot really use chivalry, which in turn means you cannot always get to the damage modifer cap. Without chivalry (EoO), my wammy is stacking two super slayers, or using a lesser slayer, or using bushido + super slayer to get to the cap. The problem then is: what if the mob doesn't have any slayer vulnerability?

The only way to get to the cap in that case is with bushido + chivarly (the latter I cannot use on my wammy). So I wouldn't recommend a wammy as a general warrior character but more a specialized one. Sampires on the other hand can maintain high karma and use chivarly (EoO) and bushido (perfection) to reach the damage modifier cap against ANY (grey or red) mob, with or without slayer vulnerability, giving you way more options.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am not sure if wammy is a good template if this is your main and perhaps only warrior. You are constantly casting curse weapon which lowers your karma - more than you get back by killing a mob. This means you cannot really use chivalry, which in turn means you cannot always get to the damage modifer cap. Without chivalry (EoO), my wammy is stacking two super slayers, or using a lesser slayer, or using bushido + super slayer to get to the cap. The problem then is: what if the mob doesn't have any slayer vulnerability?

The only way to get to the cap in that case is with bushido + chivarly (the latter I cannot use on my wammy). So I wouldn't recommend a wammy as a general warrior character but more a specialized one. Sampires on the other hand can maintain high karma and use chivarly (EoO) and bushido (perfection) to reach the damage modifier cap against ANY (grey or red) mob, with or without slayer vulnerability, giving you way more options.
Chiv was tweaked awhile back to be more reliant on Skill than Karma, so having low Karma (or even negative) doesn't impact Chiv abilities that much anymore. Wammies can sit in Vamp Form most of the time as well, reducing their reliance on Curse Weapon. They have the extra option of casting Curse Weapon for more self healing, and using Corpse Skin to lower an opponent's Fire/Poison Resist by 15 (which stacks with Onslaught, for up to -35, making Double Strike far superior to AI against 90% of foes).

My Wammy sits in Vamp Form while riding a Paroxy Swampy most of the time. I carry 5 stacks of 20 Pig Iron for casting Curse Weapon, and carry 5 Arcane Gems for recharging my Arcane Thigh Boots (which i use to cast Wraith Form, Vamp Form, or Corpse Skin). I use the FC 1 Town Bonus on him for faster Curse Weapon casts. Against something like Cora or Semidar, i'll go into Wraith Form (which nullifies the damage reflect that Semidar does on Males), cast Curse Weapon, and go nuts on them with Double Strike spam during Onslaught.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the best necro level for me to add to make the sampire or wammy?
What should Karma be?
GM Necro/GM SS. I replace Anat with SS. The extra damage from Corpse Skin against most foes more than makes up for the damage lost from no Anat.
Karma on a Wammy can be a roller coaster. It's up and down. For a Wammy, Karma really isn't a big deal. Easy come, easy go. Running around a Champ spawn in Vamp Form spamming Whirlwind can quickly get your Karma back up to 10k+, especially the Goblin Mini-Champ in the Stygian Abyss. I don't feel bad about going into negative Karma though, because that does have an advantage. When negative Karma, i can easily round up the blue spawn at an Oaks Champ, and AoE them all down with Whirlwind.

Plus, i'll use my Wammy in Vamp Form to slaughter Cu Sidhes in the Twisted Weald so fast that i rapidly turn the spawn over. Using a 100% Fire Double Axe with 50% HLA/81% HML/50% HSL/Fey Slayer/50% DI, i can kill regular Cus within 4 Double Strikes, so about 6 seconds for a dead Cu, while i watch Tamers spend minutes trying to cycle a single Cu out of the spawn. With Curse Weapon+Corpse Skin and that Axe, even Paragon Cus aren't a problem. Whenever i do this on Atlantic, a horde of Tamers show up, slobbering all over the place. Seriously, when a Tamer sees how fast my Wammy slaughters Cus, their jaw hits the floor, their tongue lolls out drooling, and cash signs appear in their eyes. Lol.

Last edited:

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Uh even more lost after reading this.

Is a whammy something new? Looks like I need to do some reading up on this stuffs.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wammy out does Sampire, but requires more attention to play well. Curse Weapon+Vamp Form=70% Hit Life Drain, 3.5x the healing of a regular Sampire. A 100+ damage hit from Chief Paroxy panics a Sampire, a Wammy can just laugh it off and regain their entire health bar in a single Double Strike.

Macing isn't as good for Sampires as Swords is. Swords has the Double Axe, which has both Double Strike and Whirlwind on a single wep (making it function as both Single Target or AoE) that can obtain 1.25 swing speed with 180 Stam+20% SSI (obtainable through Jewelry). Swords also has the Bladed Staff, a 2H wep with AI that can easily reach max swing speed (150 Stamina+20% SSI) while retaining high Leech % (100% HML if reforged with no SSI on wep). Swords Mastery has Onslaught, which makes Double Strike out perform AI against a lot of foes. More Damage=More Healing. Onslaught also lets anyone deal more damage to the victim if they're utilizing the same Element damage as your wep.

Macing is good for a non-Sampire Warrior, such as a Dragoon template, which excels at fights like Blackthorn Captains (Necro and Samp Captains have Corrupted Life), Exodus, or Corgul. The -60% SSI debuff from Macing's "Stagger" mastery can neuter an opponent's damage output, giving bandy Healing time to kick in before the next hit is taken.

The combination of a Macer Dragoon and Fencer Dragoon x-healing each other is pretty damn impressive. This duo can take down bosses like Exodus, or farm Blackthorn Captains with ease. The Fencer uses Pierce 3x over 30 secs to drop Stamina down to 0%, then the Macer keeps Stagger up after that. Completely neuters the melee damage output of even the nastiest bosses.
I think you are confused my friend.
A whammy, is a guy in wraith form, a sampire is a guy in vamp form.
With the introduction to imbuing/reforging and the possibility to make 100% HLL/HMA, and the hit mana drain effect, there really is no need to make whammys any more.
The reason why a whammy was a thing, was back in the days where it was hard to get weapons with mana leech, but lucky us those days are gone, so there really is no need for whammys any more.
Investing 200 skill points in SS/Necro is a completely waste of skill points imho.
Macing is just as good as swords in most cases, black staffs for lower level spawn works like a charm and they are fast, hammer picks for AI to finish off the champ. (Assuming fel spawns)
Macing does not offer any decent double strike weapons sadly, but the above does the job fairly well, on a sampire, or on my AMC archer (Archery, Mace, Chiv) or even on a whammy.
Macing is just as good on any template, its not like it by magic becomes better on a none necro template, you could just as well use swords and get same effect.
So no a whammy is not the new orange, sampires still rules if build correctly.

Today people do Exudos with 2 archers, by standing where exudos cant reach them, pretty impressive eh ? he he

To OP. (Original Poster....)
What you should build, and what not it all depends on what you want to hunt.
For a fairly cheap starter template i suggest.
120 sword or mace
100 bush
100 parry
100 tact
100 ana
100 resist/chiv get a soulstone so u can swap between those 2 as needed.
100 necro
With this template u can do most stuff champs etc etc.
If you are low on dough, go the VvV route, search the warrior forum, i have posted how to build a VvV sampire for under 5mill there.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you are confused my friend.
A whammy, is a guy in wraith form, a sampire is a guy in vamp form.
With the introduction to imbuing/reforging and the possibility to make 100% HLL/HMA, and the hit mana drain effect, there really is no need to make whammys any more.
The reason why a whammy was a thing, was back in the days where it was hard to get weapons with mana leech, but lucky us those days are gone, so there really is no need for whammys any more.
Investing 200 skill points in SS/Necro is a completely waste of skill points imho.
Macing is just as good as swords in most cases, black staffs for lower level spawn works like a charm and they are fast, hammer picks for AI to finish off the champ. (Assuming fel spawns)
Macing does not offer any decent double strike weapons sadly, but the above does the job fairly well, on a sampire, or on my AMC archer (Archery, Mace, Chiv) or even on a whammy.
Macing is just as good on any template, its not like it by magic becomes better on a none necro template, you could just as well use swords and get same effect.
So no a whammy is not the new orange, sampires still rules if build correctly.

Today people do Exudos with 2 archers, by standing where exudos cant reach them, pretty impressive eh ? he he

To OP. (Original Poster....)
What you should build, and what not it all depends on what you want to hunt.
For a fairly cheap starter template i suggest.
120 sword or mace
100 bush
100 parry
100 tact
100 ana
100 resist/chiv get a soulstone so u can swap between those 2 as needed.
100 necro
With this template u can do most stuff champs etc etc.
If you are low on dough, go the VvV route, search the warrior forum, i have posted how to build a VvV sampire for under 5mill there.
Wammies are completely capable of sitting in Vampire Form as well, the biggest difference between a Wammy and Sampire template wise, is GM SS, which gives them a degree of versatility.
Hit Life Leech is completely inferior to Hit Life Drain (which is only granted by Vamp Form [20%] or Curse Weapon [50%]). Hit for 100 damage with a 100% HLL wep, regain 0-30 Health (an average of 15 Health). Hit for 100 damage with 50% Hit Life Drain, regain 50 Health, guaranteed. With Vamp Form+Curse Wep (70% Hit Life Drain), that 100 damage hit, is guaranteed to heal you for 70 Health. Completely blows HLL out of the water. Not to mention HLL takes up a property slot on the wep. With Vamp Form+Curse Weapon+GM Resist, you can keep attacking through a Blood Oath. Wammies can laugh at Blood Oath, while Blood Oath causes regular Sampires to cry.

Hit Mana Drain that is reforged on a wep, is different than Hit Mana Drain granted by Wraith Form. Hit Mana Drain on a wep has a chance to take Mana away from the opponent, but it doesn't give it to you (similar to how Hit Fatigue works for Stamina). Hit Mana Drain from Wraith Form is guaranteed to take Mana from an opponent (if they have any) and give it to you (21% at GM SS), allowing for basically infinite AI/DS against high Mana targets. You can combine the 21% Hit Mana Drain from Wraith Form, with the 50% Hit Life Drain from Curse Weapon, and end up with both more Mana Leeching and Life Leeching than the usual Sampire template.

With GM Necro+GM SS, not only do you have access to Curse Weapon and Corpse Skin, but you can also switch to Necro Mastery if you want, and through Command Undead control two Skeletal Dragons for even more damage output. Not to mention with GM SS, you can see ghosts at all times, so you can catch them pesky ghost cams if you do Fel champs.
Another advantage to Wammy, is that Wraith Form makes Males immune to the reflected damage from Semidar. Male Sampires can't do Semidar usually. Not to mention that with Wraith Form, not only can you deny your Armor resists to Changelings (including Irk and Travesty), but you can also make them vulnerable to Undead Slayer when they change into you.

Like i pointed out earlier, for a Sampire/Wammy, Swords has both a better weapon selection, and better Mastery abilities. DS/WW on a single 2H wep. AI on a 2H wep that can easily reach swing speed with 100% HML. Macing's AI wep, is one handed, so 5% less Parry chance. A Sampire's self healing is directly affected by his damage output, Macing has no Masteries that affect his damage output, Swords does. Onslaught+DS can out damage AI against a lot of foes, especially if you can combine it with Corpse Skin. With Corpse Skin+Onslaught, i can bring Chief Paroxy into almost negative Fire Resist, and do 300+ damage Double Strikes against him, when he doesn't even have a Slayer vulnerability. Through Vamp Form+Curse Weapon, i'm healing for my entire health bar with every Double Strike against him, so i'm able to laugh off his occasional 100+ damage hit (he can hit like that even when you're riding an armored Swampy). A hit like that, would cause a regular Sampire to run screaming, trying to Confidence heal through his Poison ticks. If i wanted to be real cautious, i could just back off, wait for a poison tick, then Confidence+Spirit Speak (direct SS use is a heal that goes through Bleed, Poison and Mortal) for a burst heal, then go back into melee.

The few times that Corpse Skin+Onslaught+DS spam isn't better than just a straight AI, is against foes with insane Wrestling (like 300+, which Travesty and Anon have) or Parry (Macer Captains have incredible Parry), due to the difficulty of landing a second consecutive hit.

Yeah, i know that people will stuff Exodus in the hole then kill him with 2 Archers/Throwers, but that's a bannable exploit.

My Wammy has 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Necro/GM SS/GM Chiv/GM Bush/GM Resist or Parry (i soul stone them based on what i'm hunting). The extra damage from Corpse Skin, more than makes up for the lack of Anatomy, and the Curse Weapon makes it tankier than regular Sampires.
The reason you don't see more Wammies, is because they require more attention to play well than a Sampire does, and so have a higher player skill ceiling.

Last edited:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wammies are completely capable of sitting in Vampire Form as well, the biggest difference between a Wammy and Sampire template wise, is GM SS, which gives them a degree of versatility.
Hit Life Leech is completely inferior to Hit Life Drain (which is only granted by Vamp Form [20%] or Curse Weapon [50%]). Hit for 100 damage with a 100% HLL wep, regain 0-30 Health (an average of 15 Health). Hit for 100 damage with 50% Hit Life Drain, regain 50 Health, guaranteed. With Vamp Form+Curse Wep (70% Hit Life Drain), that 100 damage hit, is guaranteed to heal you for 70 Health. Completely blows HLL out of the water. Not to mention HLL takes up a property slot on the wep. With Vamp Form+Curse Weapon+GM Resist, you can keep attacking through a Blood Oath. Wammies can laugh at Blood Oath, while Blood Oath causes regular Sampires to cry.

Hit Mana Drain that is reforged on a wep, is different than Hit Mana Drain granted by Wraith Form. Hit Mana Drain on a wep has a chance to take Mana away from the opponent, but it doesn't give it to you (similar to how Hit Fatigue works for Stamina). Hit Mana Drain from Wraith Form is guaranteed to take Mana from an opponent (if they have any) and give it to you (21% at GM SS), allowing for basically infinite AI/DS against high Mana targets. You can combine the 21% Hit Mana Drain from Wraith Form, with the 50% Hit Life Drain from Curse Weapon, and end up with both more Mana Leeching and Life Leeching than the usual Sampire template.

With GM Necro+GM SS, not only do you have access to Curse Weapon and Corpse Skin, but you can also switch to Necro Mastery if you want, and through Command Undead control two Skeletal Dragons for even more damage output. Not to mention with GM SS, you can see ghosts at all times, so you can catch them pesky ghost cams if you do Fel champs.
Another advantage to Wammy, is that Wraith Form makes Males immune to the reflected damage from Semidar. Male Sampires can't do Semidar usually. Not to mention that with Wraith Form, not only can you deny your Armor resists to Changelings (including Irk and Travesty), but you can also make them vulnerable to Undead Slayer when they change into you.

Like i pointed out earlier, for a Sampire/Wammy, Swords has both a better weapon selection, and better Mastery abilities. DS/WW on a single 2H wep. AI on a 2H wep that can easily reach swing speed with 100% HML. Macing's AI wep, is one handed, so 5% less Parry chance. A Sampire's self healing is directly affected by his damage output, Macing has no Masteries that affect his damage output, Swords does. Onslaught+DS can out damage AI against a lot of foes, especially if you can combine it with Corpse Skin. With Corpse Skin+Onslaught, i can bring Chief Paroxy into almost negative Fire Resist, and do 300+ damage Double Strikes against him, when he doesn't even have a Slayer vulnerability. Through Vamp Form+Curse Weapon, i'm healing for my entire health bar with every Double Strike against him, so i'm able to laugh off his occasional 100+ damage hit (he can hit like that even when you're riding an armored Swampy). A hit like that, would cause a regular Sampire to run screaming, trying to Confidence heal through his Poison ticks. If i wanted to be real cautious, i could just back off, wait for a poison tick, then Confidence+Spirit Speak (direct SS use is a heal that goes through Bleed, Poison and Mortal) for a burst heal, then go back into melee.

The few times that Corpse Skin+Onslaught+DS spam isn't better than just a straight AI, is against foes with insane Wrestling (like 300+, which Travesty and Anon have) or Parry (Macer Captains have incredible Parry), due to the difficulty of landing a second consecutive hit.

Yeah, i know that people will stuff Exodus in the hole then kill him with 2 Archers/Throwers, but that's a bannable exploit.

My Wammy has 120 Swords/GM Tact/GM Necro/GM SS/GM Chiv/GM Bush/GM Resist or Parry (i soul stone them based on what i'm hunting). The extra damage from Corpse Skin, more than makes up for the lack of Anatomy, and the Curse Weapon makes it tankier than regular Sampires.
The reason you don't see more Wammies, is because they require more attention to play well than a Sampire does, and so have a higher player skill ceiling.
We can debate from now on and to the end of the world how good or bad X is vs Y, the facts still remains.
A whammy is a guy in wraith form.
A sampire is a guy in vamp form.
And for the sake of the argument a guy who cast curse weapon without taking any form is a necro warrior.
The reason why whammys are not played a lot is because they have to be on foot in wraith form, and therefor they can't use a swampie for damage reduction.
Also another downside with whammys is that they drain mana from the target, and when the target is out of mana, u wont leech anything back.
And yes you do leech more life with the curse weapon cast, but who is stopping you from using 100% HLL on the weapon for the extra pew pew.
Over all if you cant survive without using curse weapon and vamp form, then you are playing your template wrong.
And for sake of argument, i have 0 problems soloing paramoxus on a sampire, i hate to say it, but its all about the build and skills of the player.
I have even soloed all fel champs except turtle on a warrior without necro or ss.
Whammys can be a niche pick, but overall they will never outclass the sampire.

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Greetings, thats some awesome reading here for beginner warriors like me. I have question though, reagrding casting spells vamp form with ss on build. Seems like i am getting interrupted a lot, almost looks like i need a protection spell on me. Do you @PlayerSkillFTW use one of those? From scroll maybe, or if there is something i am missing? I had to back from melee to cast cursed wep or corpse skin. Thank you for input

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We can debate from now on and to the end of the world how good or bad X is vs Y, the facts still remains.
A whammy is a guy in wraith form.
A sampire is a guy in vamp form.
And for the sake of the argument a guy who cast curse weapon without taking any form is a necro warrior.
The reason why whammys are not played a lot is because they have to be on foot in wraith form, and therefor they can't use a swampie for damage reduction.
Also another downside with whammys is that they drain mana from the target, and when the target is out of mana, u wont leech anything back.
And yes you do leech more life with the curse weapon cast, but who is stopping you from using 100% HLL on the weapon for the extra pew pew.
Over all if you cant survive without using curse weapon and vamp form, then you are playing your template wrong.
And for sake of argument, i have 0 problems soloing paramoxus on a sampire, i hate to say it, but its all about the build and skills of the player.
I have even soloed all fel champs except turtle on a warrior without necro or ss.
Whammys can be a niche pick, but overall they will never outclass the sampire.
Yeah, Wammies lose out on 12-20% Damage Reduction from Swampy if in Wraith Form, but they still have 250% of the self-healing of a regular Sampire. 350% if they're in Vamp Form (which they can use Swampy then).
If a Wammy is fighting an opponent that doesn't have much Mana to leech, then he can simply use a HML wep (which you normally do anyways). He can even use Vamp Form for that opponent.
What's stopping you from using 100% HLL on a wep? Item property cap, as well as if your wep is already reforged for 100% Elemental Damage (it's a PITA reforging for 100% Element, then reforging it again and hoping for something you want, with no wasted property slots). Not to mention Curse Weapon gets the job done so well, that Life Leech on the wep is completely redundant.
Overall, Wammies are able to survive a lot more hell than Sampires can, even surviving through a Dark Father's Blood Oath while being surrounded by spawn consisting of Ancient Liches and Rotting Corpses. My Wammy has even survived two Dark Fathers while being surrounded by a crapload of spawn.
Wammies also bring more utility to a group via Corpse Skin casts. My guild absolutely loves it when we're doing a Paroxy/Medusa/Juo'nar/Neira/Oaks/Twaulo/Piper/Mephitis/Primeval Lich/Dragon Turtle, and i hit the boss with Corpse Skin, then an Onslaught, for -31 Fire Resist. Everyone using Fire Damage starts doing more damage then, and the boss drops faster. The Abyssal Infernal also becomes more vulnerable to Poison damage then.
I forgot to mention that Wraith Form also allows you to move through mobs/players in Fel without losing Stam, so no Stam block.

Greetings, thats some awesome reading here for beginner warriors like me. I have question though, reagrding casting spells vamp form with ss on build. Seems like i am getting interrupted a lot, almost looks like i need a protection spell on me. Do you @PlayerSkillFTW use one of those? From scroll maybe, or if there is something i am missing? I had to back from melee to cast cursed wep or corpse skin. Thank you for input
I use the FC 1 Town Bonus for faster Curse Weapon casts. I can get a Curse Weapon cast off pretty quickly most of the time, even in the midst of a spawn. Make sure you try to refresh Curse Weapon a few secs before it would expire. As for Corpse Skin, against some foes, you will need to back off for a second to cast it. Make sure you keep Arcane Gems in your pack to recharge your Arcane Thigh Boots for Corpse Skin casts.

Last edited:

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may never be finished! :D :(
Doo 120 Bush & Parry and you will get 40% parry chance with 2-h weapon or 35% parry chance with 1-h (without a shield) also yo will get Evasion for extra protection and Confidence for extra healing.
Anat 100+ Healing 80+ Chiv - the rest (and+13 on 10ssi ring)