• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

finding treasure from a map in uo:kr no uoam

R

Roxxane

Hi Guys my first post here

Just a quick question really, with uo:kr and no uoam how are you supposed to find treasure from a decoded map?

It shows no co-ords on the map or any labels, I dont even know where the place is in the world???

I tried opening a world map thinking that i may be able to recognise the place but the world map is blank???

Thanks in advance

Roxx

G

Short answer is you don't for now.

Many of the non-core graphic mechanics have not yet been implemented in KR. Ideally KR would allow you to target a T-map and have that show up the KR map or some other integrated solution.

R

Roxxane

well some news on this front I managed to find the spot using the stratics database and work out where on the map the spot is by trial and error. not ideal but it works for now.

the best thing would be to open up a world map or a map on the wall look at it and think, where is this spot, find it via a sextant or someother way and dig it up

G

good job....first and foremost you need to really become familiar with the lands. It took me forever but i can look at any map now and tell you where it is....that helps me a great deal. Once i figure the region then i look that up on some form of map service and find where the place is. Right now in KR the pin on the maps are so small its hard to see them...so then again its trial and error if you get the right location. Also as i have stated many times....the SEXTANT is my new best friend on my thunter hehe...Boy am i glad i got the spring deco stuff when it came out...got a nice blessed sextant out of that thing.

G

So I am assuming that UOAM cannot be used when in KR. Question for you while in KR when you open a t map can you see where it is [how about a screen shot of it] to use the tool UOTH? To many times the stratics library has been down when doing maps but UOTH can be used off line.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So I am assuming that UOAM cannot be used when in KR. Question for you while in KR when you open a t map can you see where it is [how about a screen shot of it] to use the tool UOTH? To many times the stratics library has been down when doing maps but UOTH can be used off line.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one came back with an answer to my question about t maps in KR, so I went and check myself and no you cannot see the red pin in KR that is on the map.

E

EricvonEric

I'm having the same problem. Here's what my maps look like.

G

it is a bug...it is reported and they are working on it.....KR treasure hunting bugs are the reason for the FAQ delay. We decided to wait till we saw how KR effected Treasure hunting before releasing the new faq....

all I can say is...it is comming!

TW

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No one came back with an answer to my question about t maps in KR, so I went and check myself and no you cannot see the red pin in KR that is on the map.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still hate that KR picture above, its one of the reason I took it off my PCs. And I not about to upload it ever again, so till the day they close the doors on 2d we be playing UO.