• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finding the treasure...

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to actually get co ords for the treasure locations??

thanks
Razic

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no they made it this vague so you have to spent a little time looking for the spot. if you draw a box around the pin then it is half way down the right line.
I put mining on and dig it up, then gate back to my house and switch mining off and lockpicking on (using a greater dragon) as I dont have enough room for the skills at the same time.

Lorddog

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sweet, I actually found my first one! was a good feeling :lick:

I was cussin' at first about how tough it was to find but after finding it I can see why its like this... it adds the "hunting" to treasure hunting.

good times..

Thank you
Razic

M

miniciti

Using Pinco's UI, it's insanely easy to find the spots. The treasure is always right in the middle of the big "X". I take a screen shot of the treasure map and view it with windows picture viewer. Then I zoom in and compare the Cartographer map to find the spot. I then drop a marker at the spot and go dig it up. Without mining, I've hit the treasure within 2-3 digs every time.

S

Striped Damsel

How are you getting the treasure map to zoom so clearly? My "X" is just a blur when i zoom in in my screenshot.

M

miniciti

LOL at the pic! I miss my recorder. =(
@striped damsel: I use gadwin printscreen. It's a free program to take print screens. You can set it up to just capture a selection area instead of the entire screen. What I do is, hit print screen, then just use the rectangular capture feature to draw a rectangle around the map. Hit enter and it's saved. Then I open up my folder with the screen shots in it. Right click on the image and select preview (which opens windows picture viewer as default). In that program I use the mouse wheel to zoom into the picture.
Maybe because I'm not taking an actual picture of the entire screen is what makes the resolution better in the zoom? I'm not too sure if it even makes a difference or not!
But just thought I'd share my tactics in case it helps you, or anyone else. :)