• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ships] Finding Ships...This is Ridiculous!

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Three times this week, I have had to call a GM to ask them to either find my Ship or to fix the problem with the Fish Mongers not seeing my Ship. It is very irratating for this to happen, but what is even more irrating is when you call for a GM to help you and you wait hours for one to show up, then to get a Message Bubble in the upper left hand corner telling you to submit a Bug Report. So I call another one and wait even longer, because finally all (three) the GMs have helped me, fixed my ship, asked me to mark another Rune, and stayed to make sure it worked. Also, each GM waited to make sure the Fish Monger recognized my Ship. What is going on with the other GMs? Why do they have to be so rude and just send you a pre-written response? This problem is well known and doesn't need a Bug Report filed. It needs to get fixed!

T

Trixrnt4kids

I agree, although it's only happened to me once. The first day I paged a GM and was # 10 in the queue and waited for about an hour and a half and the queue never moved. I cancelled and and logged out. A couple of days later I tried again, was 25th in queue when I started, got down to about #15 in 30 minutes, then was at #11 for an hour and a half .. then got my turn without ever noticing it tick down below #11. I guess it helps to have patience because I think your best bet is for other people to get tired and cancel their requests. Anyway, the GM took me to my ship and I re-marked my runes. Though, they now say 'Felucca'. Not sure what that's about. Anyway, I asked the GM if the problem with the ship can occur again .. and if I can prevent it. I didn't understand his reply, which was something about 'repetition'. I took it to mean that I should page for a GM if it happens again.
Very frustrating. I can only hope I don't have to do it again and again.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of us are setting a marker in uoam, uocartographer or EC so that we can see where we left our boats, just in case it happens again.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I leave my ship near a shore. I mark a rune on land nearby. This allows me to get to it right away.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do the same thing - find shore close, mark a rune on shore, refresh the boat one last time then log out. I never leave it near a server line either...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been hit by this annoying bug today as well.

My ship's rune turned to user Unknown, ship name unknown and status dry docked.
Recalling off of it did not work from any of the subservers.

Luckily, I usually sail it when doing fishing Quests along the same sea lanes so I took another boat, sailed the same sea lanes and finally found it. Re-marled the rune on it and so far it has been working again.

Still, because of this bug I did have to go out of my way and spend a good 40-50 minutes of my gaming time, if not more, to locate my ship and remark the rune.

I would have much better preferred to make a better use of my time.........

I did try paging a Game Master for help but since I had no idea how long the wait would have been (and whether they would have helped...), I decided to start searching on my own just in case I could find it before a GM showed up. Which is what happened.....

Anyways, please get it fixed at the very soonest.

I have my hold FULL of fish, crabs and lobsters both in commodity deeds and not, worth months of fishing which I need for my Fishmonger Quests. Loosing them would be too much a hit for me. That's why I keep the ship refreshed every 2 or max 3 days......

Funtony

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One time I did find my own Ship using another Ship, but I still had to call a GM because the Fish Mongers did not recognize my Ship at all.

Out of the 7 GMs I have had to page about this problem, four of them did not even show up to help me, but sent me message stating that the problem needed further investigation and how to submit a bug report. So all that time I waited for a GM was wasted. This is definetly a "known" bug. I really did not appreciate wasting my time and getting treated by those GMs that way!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't been fishing since I lost my ship.

I parked my ship in the same location each time. On a Saturday, I refreshed my ship. On Sunday, I log in- recall- can't find ship. I recall and run to where I parked the ship. It's not there.

No one but me had access to my ship. Even so, I spend 3 hours searching in an expanding search pattern for the ship.

I just don't have it in me to go get another ship and have it happen again.

C

catship

i posted in ( ask the Dev's ) lets see what we get out of that
i don't fish at all now,nor will i till the lost ship is fixed