• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finding Mibs with UOCartography

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know I have done this in the past, but cannot for the life of me, figure out how to do it again. Any help... pleaseeee? :)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right click on UO-Cartography > Show coordinates > check Lat & Long.

Then the coords of your courser appear in the bottom left, and the coords of your characters location appear in the top left.
match coords with the MiB and go fish.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
if you want to put a little more work into it.... (quoted from another post in a different subforum)

I have a Google Docs spreadsheet for creating the text for a .map file for use with UOAM/UOC. You still have to create or alter a .map file to place the text into. I didn't create it originally, but I've kept it available and modified it as time has passed.

IF YOU HAVE EXCEL OR OPENOFFICE, DOWNLOAD THE FILE FOR USE. The reason being that since multiple people can read/edit the file at the same time, you can overwrite each other and screw up each other's file making. However, you CAN use the file for its intended purpose from its cloud location - just don't accidentally overwrite any of the code. IF YOU HAVE QUATTRO (the Wordperfect suite spreadsheet software), I've got a version for it as well - just ask and I'll find a way to get it to you.

I have recently updated the sheet to have 3 pages:

• The First Sheet is the original version, for SOS coordinates as in the actual SOS. This is the most accurate
  • The Second Sheet is set up for you to enter the Degrees only. This is for entering data from a Davies' Locker, and is accurate enough that you can still fish stuff up even if you park at the point closest to 0 minutes and the SOS is near the opposite point in the 1x1 degree square. At least, I was able to fish up 60 SOS without an issue. If you have two SOS clost to each other, you might accidentally fish up the more distant one first., so if they're within a degree of each other, fish the same spot first, to see if you can get another chest without moving.
  • The Third Sheet is a modification of the second, for entering Trammel and Felucca TREASURE MAPS from Davies' Locker. This was done by adding a column for Tram or Fel (since the program will show the map from one facet in both). You could also use the T/F space to indicate level, if you want a really long map tag, but that's optional. Unfortunately, I'm at a loss for how to set it up for the other facets (if you can, knock yourself out and make new sheets on the shared file for the other facets).
The new link to the file is below:

MIB Coordinate Calculator for UOAM/UO Cartographer

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Good lord that's a lot of work!

I just put my cursor over the map until I find the spot and put a marker down....simple!!!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It takes me 2-3 times longer to do it your way.

Davies Locker Made it so much easier than it used to be in the old days. Originally, I'd open as many SOS as I could fit on a screen, screencap, print the screencap, and enter the numbers from the printed page. Now, I can split-screen UO and my spreadsheet, and enter the locations up to 10 at a time into the software.

Then again, I do have related work experience - for 3 years I worked a job where I had to work data entry, where scanned documents would be on one monitor, and we had to enter data from the document into the system on the main monitor (worker's comp policies, often with hand-written sections or unfamiliar custom fonts that the OCR software of 15 years ago couldn't read). That job eventually went away* as companies switched more and more to software that did all the work for them in a form that could extract the information internally for evaluation (our contract was with the national organization for the insurance industry, which used the data to look for trends and rate the health of companies), as opposed to submitting handwritten/typed/computer-entered(as a template, not a database) policies.

*While we knew the transition to digital submission (bypassing our process) was coming, the process got spread up by the events of late 2001 (the anthrax attack especially, but also the long term effects of one of the biggest agencies we dealt with nearly taking a direct hit in WTC 1 (most of their offices were just under the impact point (though we'd heard that they were in the process of location to a new site not in the WTC complex that was taking up most of 2001 - not sure which departments were still there, and they had a small presence in the impact area), and a lot of the stuff that hadn't yet been copied/backed up digitally and sent to us went down with the tower). In the downtime from the effects that had slowed our department to less than 1/4 of normal work, they shifted many of us over to helping process visa extension paperwork (where the Clinton-era contractor had allowed the system to get 3 years behind by the end of 2000, and we were hired to un-FUBAR the process) - only for 9/11 to kick us in the balls again, when one of us unknowingly completed and mailed out a visa extension application from 2000 for one of the hijackers - in MARCH 2002 - it made national news).