• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finding "dynamic" objects

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I go treasure hunting, sometimes the mobs corpses fall on top of the treasure chest. I figure that the chest must be a dynamic object. When I change my ctl/alt selection to dynamic, the chest does not show. I have to wait for the mob corpse to disappear. My question... is there any way to search below these corpses to gain access to the chest? Tried circle of transparancy, but no luck re. corpse view.

Last edited:

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Object handles (Ctrl+Shift) usually work for me. Just be sure to right-click away the extraneous monster corpse handles.

EDIT: with the grain of salt that I use CC. Didn't notice the forum when I came across the post in timeline.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I go treasure hunting, sometimes the mobs corpses fall on top of the treasure chest. I figure that the chest must be a dynamic object. When I change my ctl/alt selection to dynamic, the chest does not show. I have to wait for the mob corpse to disappear. My question... is there any way to search below these corpses to gain access to the chest? Tried circle of transparancy, but no luck re. corpse view.
probably you have the object handle filters set on corpses only... also make sure you have no text filters active...

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
probably you have the object handle filters set on corpses only... also make sure you have no text filters active...
Yes, I have the Dynamic option chosen and no text filters active. I am afraid that the treasure chests simply do not code out as dynamic objects. Now for some really weird findings: If you drop a backpack or a chest on the ground, they do not show as dynamic objects, yet a bag will. Weapons show as dynamic also. Thus without a lot of testing, I have found numerous items which do not show as dynamic, including chests.

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very interesting...
I too use the Dynamic option and clear all filters. When I use the Ctrl+Shift I usually see two handles for the Chest.

I haven't been t-hunting in a couple of months. I will try one tonight to see if I can recreate the chest not showing up. I will also try the backpack, bag and chest to see if they show up or not.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just did some more testing and have come to the conclusion that dynamic objects makes no sense to me. The following objects, when dropped to the ground do not show up on dynamic object setting or items only setting: bag of sending, wooden box, mana phase orb, runebook, spellbook, rune, bracelet.
The following objects do show up on the dynamic setting and item setting: treasure map, pickaxe, soul glaive.

I still cannot make a treasure chest that is buried under corpses appear with the dynamic object search. I am using Pinco's, the EC, and have no words listed in the text filter section.

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just tested this and was able to see all of those items. See images below.

I was using Dynamic Objects setting with no filters.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holy shinola! Pinco, or anyone got a solution for me? I start every session with the Pinco patcher, have no filters on and etc.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did some more testing. I had the item display quantity on 50. With this setting, on a cold start I can go to the forest, place the items on the ground and detect them all with the dynamic option. If I then go back to my house, do a dynamic search and then return to the forest, I only see the items as described in my previous post.

I changed the item quantity to ALL, and the dynamic found the objects every time. Same goes for 100 on up. Something must not be resetting after doing a 50 count dynamic search. Thank you for responding to this thread. Without your input, I would probably never have solved this for myself!