• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finaly it is over - Leaving UO - Who will take over my Castle and Stuff for FREE - tell me why YOU!

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Dear friends,

after so many years the time has come to finaly wave good bye to UO.

Finaly because a simple look at my playing time shows me the interrest not only in UO but so many other games have come to an end.

My Castle ist located on PACIFIC.

My account will be closed after this "Endgame" i need to do because i dont want my Castle, placed 6-23-2000, and all the collection of things to decay/to be looted. It just cannot end like this!

And let me tell you there is a huge amount of stuff to discover for the new owner, server births, old gifts, weired stuff, rewards, statues, rideables, weapons, rares of all kind, jewelery, recources BUT NO GOLD this is on my account *grin* ;-)

Short list of highlights:
- Open Books
- Old Necro Regs
- Skull Mugs
- Bushel
- Heads of Lords
- Hay (thin)
- Donuts
- Bucket
- Kettle
- Tray
- Wig
- Spittoon
and so much more not possible to list...

I enclosed a few pics of what awaits the new owner, only a small amount of highlights!

Let me come to the RULES of this "Endgame", they are pretty simple!

- POST HERE why you need my Castle and all the things i collected over the years and i will make the decission and we will find a possibility to meet in game were i transfer it to you! SIMPLE!

- Postings until the 17th of November will count, i will than review them and make the decission on the 18th and let you know who finished the race to the castle first - this user will also get a PM from me to setup a meeting time in game to transfer the Castle and all the stuff.

Impress me!
greets
Ron

castle1.JPG castle2.JPG castle3.JPG castle4.JPG

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm sorry to hear you are quitting UO, but I have to say this is a great way to do it, giving everything you own to someone you feel deserves it while also creating a fun community event. This is so much better than simply trashing everything or letting it fall in an IDOC like most people do.

:grouphug:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Txs Captn, usualy i would act like IRL but since there are no kids to inherit stuff, lets give it to the peeps who could preserve the memory of possibly Ron Silverbeard's adventures and collections ;)

And it is truly alot more fun to do it like this - also if i kick it IDOC were is my fun, cant even watch it than with no more log in possibilities ;)

Hopefully we can read some crazy backgrounds why the castle and stuff has to belong to a new owner - pretty sure the "gimme ur leewt" postings will come too ;)

Fun Fun Fun - as this game was for me since 1998 ;)

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I second that! Damn shame you're leaving Ron, and wish you wasn't.

I'd like to pitch in with an idea for your castle. I would be prepared to build a museum on Pacific/a shard of your choice and display your rares, then sell the plot to fund community events - dungeon runs, Scalis net toss, paper chase treasure hunts etc. If this is a successful bid and you do decide to return to UO the museum and your things are yours again :thumbsup:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hey Garrett. cool and very nice idea i didnt even think of - i even would strip my chars items too since i even WEAR rares ;)
To bad you cant stable rare PETS in that castle too - got several too, but they prolly go "poof" when disbanded or will be done after server up even blocked ;)

Lets see what stories will be posted here until 17th!

Donzer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sad to see another one leave. But great idea with the castle. Dont play Pacific, so wouldnt make sence to try and get it.
But maybe you should consider making it into an event, dropping items etc. So that more people could join in, instead of just one person getting everything. Could benefit the whole community on Pac instead of a few chosen ones :)
Maybe someone wanna place a new house and move much of the stuff over there, making an event where to house will randomly drop. Could even be in Fel to encourage PVP.
And as earlier mentioned, selling the castle could fund some more community events, like public scalis etc.

You might wanna keep the things you treasure the most in your bank box - many people return after some time :)

Enziet

Journeyman
Good luck on your future endeavors. You may or may not remember me on Pacific. Been on Pac since 98 until just this year when I moved to Atlantic. I've ran past your castle countless times in the past.

Wish I could help ya out with a castle transfer, but that account has been packed up for the long storage. Hopefully you find someone to carry on the legacy.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To bad you cant stable rare PETS in that castle too - got several too, but they prolly go "poof" when disbanded or will be done after server up even blocked [bcolor=rgb(204, 205, 205)];)[/bcolor]
A pet stall in Magincia might work - I'm not too up to date on these things, so correct me if I'm wrong here - can a pet be placed in them but not for sale? If yes, then could place a rune on steps of said museum and a book explaining the origin of them. Just an idea.... :)

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So sad to see us losing another long-time player. Very classy way to go out though. Don't need the things*

*although I would love to buy the wig from you or new owner. Can't believe how many I threw out in year 1 when they were common, annoying, odd monster loot. *grins*

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Txs Gem ;)
On the WIG, you prolly mistake that one with some other hair thingy..
The Wig ist a server birth ;)
greets

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too am always saddened to see my fellow UO nerds leave :( I wish you the best where ever you go & what ever you do good Sir :)
I can 100% agree w/ not wanting your home to go IDOC & picked through by looters. I have always felt the same with my 1998 homes. ;)

You beat me to the punch on the wig hahaha. Was typing the same thing as you were :D.
Gem may be thinking of the furs that annoyed the hell out of everyone since you couldn't sell them, use them to craft, & were totally worthless.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
;-)
Well did i mention all the fur in several boxes that are also in that castle - how could i have missed them - most of them at the last clean up IDOC crazyness some years ago lol ;)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
sadness

Always sad to see a familiar name on Stratics say good bye. I myself did that a few times grins

The man who made my reporter position possible, GhostWriter, left UO and Stratics many many years ago but kept his accounts active just because he could not bear to let them go...one day I got a message from him on Facebook...Hey Larisa, you still play UO

After years of keeping his accounts open he was finally ready to let them go, and he wanted to give his castle and all of his belongings to me...along with all of the books he wrote back when Origin was born. I was honored! And for that very reason I will never drop that castle. I have his and his wife's AoS roses, the statue he made of himself...many crafted items and other such memorabilia as I have others of friends that have left the game.

I hope that there are people on Pacific who will do the same for you, it is always good to keep ones memories alive. I also play on Pacific and hope that I will one day soon see a museum dedicated to Ron Silverbeard and his memories. I would give reasons as to why I would love to be honored enough to acquire your beloved possessions, other then the reasons I listed above. I am a sentimental fool lol, but I feel that there should be someone on your home shard who will honor your memory in the way that I have with my dear friends.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey Ron,

I remember playing with you briefly a few years back. I am sorry to see you go. Please take a little advice though.... what you chose to do with your stuff is obviously your business, but as someone who has ditched everything and quit a few times now, please take it from me that stripping yourself of everything isn't a good idea. Please consider banking the gold and the good valuables you have JUST in case you get the familiar itch again. The bulky hard to bank stuff like resources, and obviously your castle spot can definitely still help someone out though. But yeah please don't just give away everything.

I wish you all the best, and hope you come crawling back soon enough like many of us have =)

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Bealank, *rises a glas of good old Best of Yew* - PROST!

Frigster, no need to be sad! Life goes on, UO goes on, keep the spirit running like an old VW Beetle....it runs...and runs...and runs.. and... ;)

Donzer! Some nice ideas i see, why not, but...well...if i would have the time to do this, i wouldnt stop playing - cant even imagine how much time seting this up would need, and let me tell you i am a PERFECTIONIST when it comes to organizing things ;) But i will think about your ideas maybe who knows, we do that! ;)

Enziet, surely we somewhere met before - but you know, not only my beard gets silver, my brain gets old too and it wont get better - lets all keep up the best times in UO and dont regret, even duping ;)

Cyrah, maybe Cyno will be able to get some stuff some day, you never know! I thought you will be more directly, in the good ol days we said: "Oh damn you leave, sorry, can i have your stuff?" ;)

Larisa what can i say....let me just say, why sad if sadness is just another emotional thingy that keeps you more away from happiness? ;)
Sorry some of my stuff sounds weired, some of you know my native is Austrian, we speak a kind of german language but we are not german! ;)
(if you could hear me speaking englisch you might think Arnold Schwarzenegger is just announcing some new ideas as Governeur hehe)
I will consider (my sins) your offer who knows if not you will take care of one of Pacific's history buildings and stuff? ;)

So my friends, to keep the fire burning, meanwhile in the castle, i opened a box and LOOK WHAT I FOUND! Thats some history, if remember correctly, the first Christmas Gift we ever got!
For the naughty ones of course ;) Enjoy!

naughtybag.JPG

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Sorry to see a UO member leave our world, might I suggest you bank a few things? You may return, I did after 6 yrs. As for your Castle on Pacific, I hope you find that new owner, I have no wish for it myself. I am happy with the one I have on Sonoma, given to me by an old player that was leaving UO last year. I could use a bit of help with a few characters on your shard, mages, tamers, all in need of full spell books, leather LRC armor, rune books, power scrolls, as we do pop over for Player events, EM events etc.. At present, we have just one that can travel and fight but would be glad to accept any helping hand to improve our play time on your shard.

Good luck with your search for that Castle's future owner!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Just gonna say I've done this twice :) It's a pain starting over fresh, but kind of an adventure too :p If you have any Legends related rares though... call me! :D

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Giggles!
You speak true words here! It was my return after aprox. 6 or so years just keeping the accounts up and getting into UO in no time again, grabbing daily rares at server up, playing till server down, totaly getting into it again, what a fun! But to be honest, that time is gone....
Besides the game changed again and again and again so much, which i could accept, its now the time of other things - private stuff (no illness! no bancrupty! dont missunderstand i am super well doing!) that started a year ago that changed my life and changed me and my gaming life - i found other nice things to go on with and well maybe, maybe if UO still exists in 2-3 years, i will be back, AYE!

If this is the case, all that billions on my account will help me out for sure - collecting is finaly over IN GAME, i changed this to IRL its more for me now thatn collectings virtual stuff (which is also great!)

Maybe some day, it will be the return - if this is the case, jump in and play will be the only thing - all goals reached in UO! ;)

greets

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Fare well Ron. I remember you as being an outstanding Stratics member of the Stratics community. I agree with most here, stash away some things for a re start or even just an occasional visit. Ya never know when you might get some "Welcome Back" time.
I would throw the all to familiar, "Give Siege a try" before you go, but you seem rather settled with the idea of putting UO behind you.n *winks*

Pop in on Uhall every now and then and say hello, OK?
*salutes*

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Drakelord and Capt. Lucky, no banking of stuff, see my last answer to Giggles ;)

Reminds me checking my bank boxes on the chars omg....and i thought it will be easy to leave ;)

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
*Throws Kelmo a steak* Keep up beeing relaxed, all is good! ;)
Great times with you and the other peeps at stratics and in game!

Siege might be a reason to return if any - you name it - but not for now...there are other world saving events a man has to attend at!

Will....post...once...in a while...promis!

Keep it up - and stay well and healthy!

greets

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
POST HERE why you need my Castle and all the things i collected over the years
I shall ask in straight UO fashion... Can I have your stuff? hehe :p

Sorry to hear that you've decided to leave, keep some stuff though just in case... you know you'll be back ;). Great idea for your castle and all it's rares, If I can make a suggestion thought... personally I would choose some that posts regularly on the "UO Pacific" forum, someone that wouldn't just transfer it all to Atlantic and sell your stuff. Best of luck :)

Oh and...

upload_2016-11-7_10-10-14.png

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Archnight, all i can say is that THIS just made me so heavily

LOL

that i just had all eyes on me in that pub i sit and type this, having my 3rd Starobrno Beer ;)

Thank you very much and yes maybe, i keep some gold and hope my ex-belongings stay at Pac...and if not, to hell with it isnt it just...pixles? hehe ;)

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Dear friends,

Finaly because a simple look at my playing time shows me the interrest not only in UO but so many other games have come to an end.

My Castle ist located on PACIFIC.

My account will be closed after this "Endgame" i need to do because i dont want my Castle, placed 6-23-2000, and all the collection of things to decay/to be looted. It just cannot end like this!

And let me tell you there is a huge amount of stuff to discover for the new owner, server births, old gifts, weired stuff, rewards, statues, rideables, weapons, rares of all kind, jewelery, recources BUT NO GOLD this is on my account *grin* ;-)

Short list of highlights:
- Open Books
- Old Necro Regs
- Skull Mugs
- Bushel
- Heads of Lords
- Hay (thin)
- Donuts
- Bucket
- Kettle
- Tray
- Wig
- Spittoon
and so much more not possible to list...

I enclosed a few pics of what awaits the new owner, only a small amount of highlights!

Let me come to the RULES of this "Endgame", they are pretty simple!

- POST HERE why you need my Castle and all the things i collected over the years and i will make the decission and we will find a possibility to meet in game were i transfer it to you! SIMPLE!

- Postings until the 17th of November will count, i will than review them and make the decission on the 18th and let you know who finished the race to the castle first - this user will also get a PM from me to setup a meeting time in game to transfer the Castle and all the stuff.

Impress me!
greets
Ron

View attachment 56440 View attachment 56441 View attachment 56442 View attachment 56443

Sorry to see you go. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

I don't need a castle or more things, but I have a couple accounts I maintain with an open house slot if you'd like someone to hold onto it just in case you change your mind...there's no time limit and I don't want anything for/from it.

Sometimes we just need a break..PM me if you're interested.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Oreogl thank you for the offer but....its not about the money...realy...
If i recognize that i spend money for something i dont use anymore (and i recognize it quick, txs to what i have learned) i get rid of it.
Now there are things IRL you just dont drop into the can, guess all of you know that, and in our "created world of Origin" it must not be different.
Thats my oppinion sure....if i would have felt to do so, this thread wouldnt exist, guess all of you know that too ;)

As in real life, there is surely someone who wants to keep up historical things...and i am not saying all of my stuff is so important, it isnt..
But the castle is...some serverbirths are too...some weired items i collected are too....my chars are...hmmm...maybe too but nobody gets them ;)

My intention IRL is to keep historical stuff and, if possible, show it to the public or at least friends, no matter if they realy care or not.
Why not in UO? A very small part of earths population kn ows about UO...so someone will come and store the historical stuff...not me...but thats why i posted this ;)

So keep it flowing in!
;)

greets

Blackweb

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sir Silverbeard, I would love to have your castle. I have dreamed of having one since the first day I played UO. I would really love to decorate such a residence, especially since you can now lock down items inside of the outside courtyards. I am currently off work with an injury, and filling my time playing with such a marvel would help me ignore pain and time passing. Pacific has always been my main shard, and I do not do any kind of cross shard transferring, so all of your important artifacts would, in fact, remain here on Pacific for all to see. Good luck in all your future endeavors, and thank you kindly for considering me.
Blackweb

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just wanted to add that this is what I do with the possessions of loved ones that have gone their separate ways from our wonderful UO world.

In memory of the man that brought me here to Stratics back in 2006, he will always have a place in HIS castle, to honor all that he taught me :)

Memories.jpg

This is what I am hoping to see with Ron Silverbeard....keep the memories alive! *bows*

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Drakelord and Capt. Lucky, no banking of stuff, see my last answer to Giggles ;)

Reminds me checking my bank boxes on the chars omg....and i thought it will be easy to leave ;)
I didn't bank anything either on purpose. So I wouldn't even be tempted to come back. I'm back :p When you quit UO it's basically quitting gaming. Because nothing compares.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very sorry so see you go Ron. Pacific is my home shard (you may have run across a tamer named Sliss here or there) and it always felt like a family there. So it's especially sad to see another loss to our diminishing community. As someone who quit and came back multiple times, I would like to join other voices urging you to keep as much as you can so there are no barriers to coming back when that urge comes.
Safe travels.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to see you go. I recall seeing your name quite a few times on the Stratics boards, but I had no clue you played Pacific, despite the fact I now notice it is in your banner. I'm getting old and my eyesight isn't what it once was, it seems. What other characters did you play on Pacific?

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While it is sad to see another veteran player leaving the game it is nice to see the way you have chosen to leave the game.

The reason I need your castle?
Well I have taken it upon myself to help preserve the history of collections and/or housing in the game. I started out with 2 accounts that I played on and have acquired the other 12 from people that have either passed away or have quit playing. Those accounts I have kept as I received them and I will pay for them until the end. I have always been very helpful in-game and to any player that needs help and I love doing random acts of kindness. All of the items on my accounts stay on the shard they're from and these items will always stay on Pacific! I have a full set of shard shields but I have never used them because they are for decoration only IMO!

The castle looks to be in a great location on Ice Island which is on the Southern tip of the island and standing guard to one of the entrances of the Honesty Shrine. My fisherman would be ecstatic to have a house that close to the ocean to park her ship!

The only changes to the castle I would make is i'd have to put some fireplaces or forges in to provide heat and make glühwein so my legs and head don't turn ice blue like in your banner. Hehe j/k.

So those are some the reasons I need your castle that i'll be taking care of until you come back in 8 months! Hehe

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, I normally just read posts rather then comment on them. But although I do not know you from playing in the game, it's obvious that you have made a fair number of friends in UO. To me that is the biggest reward or rare in this game we love. I hope that you find the right person for your belongings to carry on
your contributions to this game. Fair Thee Well, Riply

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Dear friends,

M'lord and friend! Say it isn't so!

I cannot ask you to stay - that is a choice you've apparently made. However, I can offer to hold onto your properties and return them to you (intact and complete) should you decide to return. I already hold one historic castle on Pacific - another would just solidify my presence and help to preserve everything you've worked for since the beginning of this realm.

I, too, thought I would leave Sosaria for other pastures. And I did for a wee bit (5 years) for adventures in Azeroth, New Britannia, and others - but none are so much like home than Sosaria (despite its shortcomings). At the time I passed my access to this realm (all 6 accounts) to others who know me all too well and would preserve my characters and name. When I spoke with them about how much I missed Sosaria - they returned my soul to me (my 2 main accounts - Kirthag and The Black). However Napa was not the shard I remembered it to be. Friends had left, guilds have fallen silent or disappeared altogether. My soul cried for old friends that will never return, and I mourned.

During my time leading Stratics, Giggles and I spoke at length about the state of the shards. Between her pestering (luv ya Gigs!) and the family members who repeatedly begged me, I moved to Pacific and have not regretted that decision. As my intent on Napa had been, I hope to revive the Spirit of Sosaria. I am and always have been a Role Player, but also a community oriented person. When I moved to Pacific, I swore that so long as the hamster runs on the Ultima Online wheel keeping our shard alive, I will keep my core and soul accounts live. One account is holding the Yew Community Center (Trammel Yew Gate), the second account is as of yet homeless. I would be honored to hold your castle and its contents upon that account until our shard shatters for good, or you find it in your heart to return.

I am not a merchant any longer - by the gods I only have two vendors upon the shard! One dedicated to resources for newer players and the other (at Giggles' place) to get rid of extras and the odd rarity I don't want or need. At my core, I am a collector, keeper and silent organizer (at least until I earn my MBA - then I'll be super active in the game again). Should you choose me, rest assured your holdings will not be decimated to merchants across the shards. They will stay right here on Pacific where they were collected, and displayed for any and all with the curiosity and courage to visit the castle.

(I have teleporters which will be used for access - a museum would be a wonderful addition to the Yew Community Center and my plans once my degree is settled).

Feel free to PM me with any questions, or email me direct ([email protected]) and we can talk.

It is sad to hear of another long-time veteran being so disenchanted as to close down - but I of all people understand. It is my belief, in another 5 or 10 years, should the Shards still be accessible... you will return sir. And I will gladly hand you back the keys and the property you entrust to me when you do.

Yours in service to the Dream that is Sosaria.
Kirthag DiOrsae
Celtic Barbarian turned Paladin

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Sir Silverbeard, I would love to have your castle. I have dreamed of having one since the first day I played UO. I would really love to decorate such a residence, especially since you can now lock down items inside of the outside courtyards. I am currently off work with an injury, and filling my time playing with such a marvel would help me ignore pain and time passing. Pacific has always been my main shard, and I do not do any kind of cross shard transferring, so all of your important artifacts would, in fact, remain here on Pacific for all to see. Good luck in all your future endeavors, and thank you kindly for considering me.
Blackweb
Thank you Blackweb, lets see what happens 18th!
greets
Ron

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Safe Travels my old friend. I have enjoyed the years of you being involved in our community. Thank you for all those fun adventures.

Hopefully we will see you again one day.
Nabin, thank you very much for all that years!
I know that you know this castle very well, so its an even more important task for me to find someone to keep it up and running, its history! ;)

*bows deeply*
All the best to you, to you all!

Ron

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I'm sorry to see you go. I recall seeing your name quite a few times on the Stratics boards, but I had no clue you played Pacific, despite the fact I now notice it is in your banner. I'm getting old and my eyesight isn't what it once was, it seems. What other characters did you play on Pacific?
Arent we all getting old? Didnt we all get old while we PLAYED this game, thats the historical side of UO, funny huh? ;)

Ron's brothers on Pacific are Pax Charkars, Stealth Tamer (until they changed it hehe) Don Bosco the thieve, OverJudgeLegit the Warrior - others are just doing the laundry and cleaning the castle dusting off all the stuff over and over ;)

Have a great time Sablestorm!!
greets
Ron

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Put your favorite items in the bank. Pacific will miss you. :grouphug:
Isnt the Bank for all the money? So yes, i did that while its possible there are still a few checks around in the castle, since its a "rare" now isnst it? ;)

Thank you Assia, and especially for the years beeing in contact and all you did for the community!
I will never forget Don Bosco receiving the first rare it all started with from YOU back a looooong time: a broken chair hehe

greets
Ron

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
M'lord and friend! Say it isn't so!

I cannot ask you to stay - that is a choice you've apparently made. However, I can offer to hold onto your properties and return them to you (intact and complete) should you decide to return. I already hold one historic castle on Pacific - another would just solidify my presence and help to preserve everything you've worked for since the beginning of this realm.

I, too, thought I would leave Sosaria for other pastures. And I did for a wee bit (5 years) for adventures in Azeroth, New Britannia, and others - but none are so much like home than Sosaria (despite its shortcomings). At the time I passed my access to this realm (all 6 accounts) to others who know me all too well and would preserve my characters and name. When I spoke with them about how much I missed Sosaria - they returned my soul to me (my 2 main accounts - Kirthag and The Black). However Napa was not the shard I remembered it to be. Friends had left, guilds have fallen silent or disappeared altogether. My soul cried for old friends that will never return, and I mourned.

During my time leading Stratics, Giggles and I spoke at length about the state of the shards. Between her pestering (luv ya Gigs!) and the family members who repeatedly begged me, I moved to Pacific and have not regretted that decision. As my intent on Napa had been, I hope to revive the Spirit of Sosaria. I am and always have been a Role Player, but also a community oriented person. When I moved to Pacific, I swore that so long as the hamster runs on the Ultima Online wheel keeping our shard alive, I will keep my core and soul accounts live. One account is holding the Yew Community Center (Trammel Yew Gate), the second account is as of yet homeless. I would be honored to hold your castle and its contents upon that account until our shard shatters for good, or you find it in your heart to return.

I am not a merchant any longer - by the gods I only have two vendors upon the shard! One dedicated to resources for newer players and the other (at Giggles' place) to get rid of extras and the odd rarity I don't want or need. At my core, I am a collector, keeper and silent organizer (at least until I earn my MBA - then I'll be super active in the game again). Should you choose me, rest assured your holdings will not be decimated to merchants across the shards. They will stay right here on Pacific where they were collected, and displayed for any and all with the curiosity and courage to visit the castle.

(I have teleporters which will be used for access - a museum would be a wonderful addition to the Yew Community Center and my plans once my degree is settled).

Feel free to PM me with any questions, or email me direct ([email protected]) and we can talk.

It is sad to hear of another long-time veteran being so disenchanted as to close down - but I of all people understand. It is my belief, in another 5 or 10 years, should the Shards still be accessible... you will return sir. And I will gladly hand you back the keys and the property you entrust to me when you do.

Yours in service to the Dream that is Sosaria.
Kirthag DiOrsae
Celtic Barbarian turned Paladin
Lovely to read and so true Kirthag!

Since i left stratics, and you know why and it had nothing to do with anyone of you since i kept staying in the shadows anyway and my "job" was nothing else than helping
Taylor get stratics "back home", my UO life changed dramaticly - i just finished every task i had to do - and in game too! UO isnt an End Game scenario we all know, but for
some it is - depending on your playstyle - mine was to collect, communicate in game, keep up the community and help others, that was my fun - and it was no easy, 7 hours time
difference to were i live, hard nights when you had daydreams, a job i had to do leading some seriously teams in huge companies, family, etc...

Things change in life often quickly, but this was a long time change and every day it got more and more to a direction to reach the decission to resign from some stuff to get
myself more back settled in the real world - in the end for me online gaming became no more top priority, especially with all the social media change (for the younger ones, only 20 years ago we barely had internet, we called each other from cablephones in our house, no chatting, no FB, no icq (ok it started than) no whatsapp, rarley cellphones, NO AT ALL Smartphones, etc.)
that keeps me in contact anyway if i need it ;)

So Kirthag, maybe its you who will get my stuff - but, and this info is for all of you, it is not my intention to keep you "holding" anything for the day i might return - because i wont!

Since it will take you aprox. 1 week gametime and even more if you are crazy enough to CATALOGUE all the stuff in the castle and weeks to possibly decorate it or any kind of thing you want to do with it, it would be da bomb for me to see pictures after all this weeks and kept informed what you do - BUT nobody has to do that its on you waht you will do ;)

And if i get word about that the new owner selling items i left behind, especially this lantern, i will reactivate Don Bosco, force the new owner to drop insurance on the lantern, put it in his backpack, and meet me in Fel so Don gets his silent hands on it ;)

Yes, this is also one item that will stay in the castle - as i said before, all the chars will get nacked - it will be porn! ;)

greets
Ron

Ron.JPG

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well....you should give ur acct to an idiot like me.....cuz that lantern means nothing.

All your crap would be sitting there waiting for you to come back.....whatever the persons name was up there that said they had like 12 accts....waiting.....give it to them.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
UO isnt an End Game scenario we all know, but for some it is - depending on your playstyle -
Truer words haven't been said. :)

I think there are some who understand where your heart is Ron - be they quiet or verbose. Whatever your decision, and no matter the terms, we are all "family" having shared a common love of this virtual world we call home. And it isn't just in the game, nor is it just in Stratics, UO-Forums, UOGuide... or any of the other places we've all contributed, spent our blood, sweat, tears and money on.

All in all, what we do with our pixel addiction(s) is our own business. What you've decided to do with yours is not only commendable, but one of the most wonderful acts I've seen in relation to this game in a very, very long time. Any person you choose to bequeath your riches to should be honored, humbled and without a doubt, overwhelmed.

To be honest, to me it doesn't matter what pixels are there or not. Aye, my OCD-ness will be organizing till the cows come home, I'm sure! My own castle is rather organized, I get irked if something isn't in its place! That is my play style - ever the organizer. :D I do love to decorate - and most likely will enjoy doing up another castle. :D

Reminds me... time to get the Halloween stuff down and start thinking how the YCC will be decked out for Yule!

Just wanna add, anyone who you deem worthy should be thankful - and there would be no hard feelings on my part. I only wish to preserve what is there, and share with others what I can.

:hula: