• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finally Made 120 Fishing on Lake Austin

• Thread starter swateam46
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations !

Can you please let us know your perception of what may have changed in your fishing from the newly attained status of Legendary fisherman ?

Did you notice significant changes in anything ? Like less footware pulled up, lower rate of catching nothing messages, higher chances at getting Ancient Sos, special boxes, white nets, white pearls or anything else getting improved by reaching 120.0 skill ?

Or do you feel it pretty much is the same, practically, as when you were playing a 100.0 GM fisherman ?

Thanks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, I'm gonna be setting up a fish-swapping thread on LA's forum soon, in case you want to trade or sell some of your excess fish (as you won't be needing them as much now that you're 120).

G

Gowron

Congratulations !

Can you please let us know your perception of what may have changed in your fishing from the newly attained status of Legendary fisherman ?

Did you notice significant changes in anything ? Like less footware pulled up, lower rate of catching nothing messages, higher chances at getting Ancient Sos, special boxes, white nets, white pearls or anything else getting improved by reaching 120.0 skill ?

Or do you feel it pretty much is the same, practically, as when you were playing a 100.0 GM fisherman ?

Thanks.
Popps, I'm going to only go one place on this, and that the ratio of ancient SoS's shouldn't go up, but I will yield so much that perhaps a higher incident of MiB, map, net, delicate scales would be more appropriate.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps, I'm going to only go one place on this, and that the ratio of ancient SoS's shouldn't go up, but I will yield so much that perhaps a higher incident of MiB, map, net, delicate scales would be more appropriate.

Well, my question was merely intended at asking whether or not any difference was felt from playing a Legendary fisherman.

That is, I listed the goodies that come from fishing just to ask whether any difference had been noted for any of them, and not really to get into the issue whether or not it was appropriate for the game. I was simply asking whether it was happening at all or not, and for which of them....

But getting more in details on whether it would be appropriate, I do not see why a Legendary fisherman should not have a better chance at an Ancient SoS.
Ancient SoS, is my understanding, have a 1 in 25 chance to spawn (4%).

Now, making a Legendary fisherman have, say, a chance of like 6% rather than 4% at spawning an Ancient SoS does not sound so much a terrible thing to me.

Definately, though, I think that 120 fishing and 100 fishing should have more differences than merely being able to fish a few more rare fish......
Especially, considering the little usefulness that rare fish currently have due to the fact that they can be well fished at lower skill levels even without baits, that baits which raise the chances to catch them are all over (the most common reward for fishing orders), and that rare fish steaks are not much esefull since the magic pies made from them are not much used (often stay on vendors, unsold....).

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly, a hearty congratulations to the OP because I'm not even close to 105 yet so I take my hat off to you making it to legendary! I expect to be fishing in my sleep by the time I hit 120 lol.

Now... Popps, I've seen you pop up with questions in a few threads about 120 fishing. So here's a little suggestion - instead of asking folks who've just obtained 120 fishing (and might not have had a lot of time to test that skill cap), perhaps it would satisfy your curiosity better if you logged onto the test center and tried out 120 fishing there. I'm pretty sure that you can set fishing to 120 on TC, and you could try out all these things for yourself and possibly even tell the rest of us fishers what it's like.

Wenchy

G

Gowron

Swateam46, sorry about not saying this earlier. Congratulations!

Wenchkin, well said.

Popps, stop using other people's accomplishments to push your BS agenda.

This is the second time you've asked people who posted an accomplishment to jump to your cause. Oh sorry, must not be your cause yet, you're not even there. Oh yes, but you will one day, and you want it to be ready for you when you get there....

BluDjinn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congratulations!

I have been out of work due to a broken ankle for the last 6 months. I spend most days just doing the fishing quest, round and round like a hamster a wheel.

So far I managed to get 1-105 to eat.
And 8 more105s, and just 8 only to bind into a 110.

Now I am at 109.8 and have received only 2-110s

Any Idea on how to obtain a 115 or * gasp * a 120 scroll would be much appreciated.

:confused:

S

swateam46

Re:Extra Fish !!!!

Oh Yes...I have Mucho fishes.... Let me know what ya need as I am on Lake Austin.

And as to Popps's question, no ..so far I have not noticed any differences at 120..I'll keep ya posted !!

and remember.....

Enjoy Fishing and have a great time doing it !!!