• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

finally got my 3 slot dragonwolf

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a trained up, a CU, Reptalon, dread mare, bane, nightmare..etc i like to have a variety to choose from i get bored using the same pet over and over, well i now have a 3 slot dragonwolf and tryin to decide how to train him, im leaning towards piercing that sounds it might be pretty good, AI and bleed. what has other people done with these guys that seem to do really well?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thats a nice catch!
Would kind of depend on what you want to fight with it. Also would hate to mess this one up.
Its a 100% Phys damage, so you want it for Phys susceptible enemies.
Its very high HP/STR tamed, so its Dragon breath would hurt some.
Its magic resists overcapped and nice, naturally.
Bleed is useless waste of TP's and would not use.
Would test train in Test TC1.
May want to experiment there with different combos like: AP/FzWW/PB for spawns, or AI/Mortal Strike/Aura of nausea, etc, etc. Would not train on production yet, till you are happy with what you see on test.
You may want to test train 2-3 copies of it on test first.
Too bad they cannot get Chiv, as it would make a good 1x1 damager with just Chiv/AI..

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thats a nice catch!
Would kind of depend on what you want to fight with it. Also would hate to mess this one up.
Its a 100% Phys damage, so you want it for Phys susceptible enemies.
Its very high HP/STR tamed, so its Dragon breath would hurt some.
Its magic resists overcapped and nice, naturally.
Bleed is useless waste of TP's and would not use.
Would test train in Test TC1.
May want to experiment there with different combos like: AP/FzWW/PB for spawns, or AI/Mortal Strike/Aura of nausea, etc, etc. Would not train on production yet, till you are happy with what you see on test.
You may want to test train 2-3 copies of it on test first.
Too bad they cannot get Chiv, as it would make a good 1x1 damager with just Chiv/AI..
well pretty much be used for boss fights, but ya normally i go on test and test train every pet i do but for some reason right now it wont let me copy my character over

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
well pretty much be used for boss fights, but ya normally i go on test and test train every pet i do but for some reason right now it wont let me copy my character over
Check to see how many copies of characters you have on TC1, and if full, then delete some copies you do not need and try copying again. I think you can only have 6 copies there.. :)

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
test center is down for transfers not sure why but it is

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Resist the urge to start training for now. Wait for the blankety blank TC1 xfer to work, then train specs there..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We can't transfer until the versions match. So the Devs have to do that. Happens at every publish that was not on TC first. They prob are going to wait until the Valentines gifts are out to make them the same.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The strongest Dragon Wolf, is either just pure AI, or Wrest Mastery. The Disarm and Paralyze from Wrest Mastery aren't all that useful, but the Knockout passive and Fists of Fury are. Knockout will increase auto attack damage (with a pretty wide range), and Fists of Fury is a retaliatory ability that'll trigger when they're hit (melee or magic) by an enemy within 2 tiles, and it'll attempt to land three attacks instantly. Against foes weak to the pet's elemental damage type, Fists of Fury can be devastating when all three hits land.
Here's a 3 hit Fists of Fury against a low resist target. 381 total damage.
381 FoF.png

The Dragon Wolf also has Dragon Breath, and Dragon Breath appears to have a 18-20 second cooldown on it. Dragon Breath appears to cap at 200 damage, and that's at 1,024 Health against a 0-2% Fire Resist foe.

Last edited:

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The strongest Dragon Wolf, is either just pure AI, or Wrest Mastery. The Disarm and Paralyze from Wrest Mastery aren't all that useful, but the Knockout passive and Fists of Fury are. Knockout will increase auto attack damage (with a pretty wide range), and Fists of Fury is a retaliatory ability that'll trigger when they're hit (melee or magic) by an enemy within 2 tiles, and it'll attempt to land three attacks instantly. Against foes weak to the pet's elemental damage type, Fists of Fury can be devastating when all three hits land.
View attachment 116327

The Dragon Wolf also has Dragon Breath, and Dragon Breath appears to have a 18-20 second cooldown on it. Dragon Breath appears to cap at 200 damage, and that's at 1,024 Health against a 0-2% Fire Resist foe.
thank you that sounds like the way to go to me.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
View attachment 116327

Is it kind of a problem though that the AI of the DWolf with Wres Matery would rotate between 4 items (Paralyse, Disarm = not too useful for many foes, then rotate in Knockout and Fists of Fury = more useful for lots of things) ? Is there a way to have them not cast Disarm/Paralyze? Or inspite of allthis they are still very effective in Phys damage susceptible foes? I may try one is the TC1 to see how it works.