• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finally dug up a 3 slot Dragon Wolf, what to do with him?

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
As stated, after countless t-hunts I finally managed to spawn a 3 slot dragon wolf. Any tips/suggestions on how to train him up?

Gardo

Journeyman
Good place to start...

Dragon Wolf

Glad you found one. They don’t seem to pop up very often at 3-slots. Yeah, it’d be great to get one with the highest possible STR, but at 817 it’s still over-cap. Who knows when another 3-slotter will even pop up? Personally, I’ve never had a 3-slot DW pop up on my many, many t-hunts. So, I’d say congrats...

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yea I was thinking the same thing and i went there already ;) its in my training thread, seems like at that time 3 slots weren't known about yet so i was looking for more up to date feedback, or some personal experience from people that have gotten and trained one. Thank you though

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Brought him to test to mess around with but i keep getting the msg that ive been in combat and cant add points. How does this look for round 1 and round 2 training? any suggestions/tips?

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
That too, just couldn't add it in the picture bc he starts over capped for a three slot pet

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Only 10 MR? Not 30? We'd go for 30 there, have it on all our trained pets. (Which admittedly are disappointingly few after a year of this Publish being in game.) HP is so high for the Dragon Breath?

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yea I figured if he was going to have it and I can't get rid if it, may as well try and max it. As far as the Mana regen goes that was just a mistake, I usually have 30.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
after everything people have pointed out, i still will have 328 training points left over. (I recopied my character and was able to put points on him) LOL

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
does anyone know if this still works, or works for pets for that matter?

"Force of Nature Applies 15-35 delayed direct damage to the attacker. The attacker receives a damage increase of 50%-100% based on their strength. The attacker also applies a stun their target for two seconds which can be reduced by magic resist every 12th hit. Equipping the weapon will reset the hit count."

Could potentially replace AI on my Dragon Wolf if it works. I'm going to wait another day and test it out. AI DW kills para balron in 4m 13s AVG.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It sounds interesting. I have never tried it before.

Let us know.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Force of nature is super underwhelming at about the 1min 30 sec mark i was only down aprox 1/10th of the life of a para balron. Oh well, ill try a few more times, but it seems it isn't as good as id like it to be for having a str mod on a over capped pet =)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL I read about the abilities when they first came out. I got lucky and somehow guessed which would work and which wouldn't. Some of the descriptions sound really nice, but the ability is not useful. The ones where the weapon affects the ability do not work well. They forgot to load the weapon onto the pet.

I remember the bladeweave phase that many went thru.

Cold Wind and Angry fire do nothing.

Crushing blow does nothing.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I remember the bladeweave phase that many went thru.

Cold Wind and Angry fire do nothing.

Crushing blow does nothing.
I never understood the bladeweave phase, didn't make sense even on paper to us.

Angry fire does do something... is it worth it? No.
Crushing blow, does do something, though from what I recall on testing, don't have my spreadsheets, doesn't get the damage boost.

Problem is when it comes to dps, few abilities/magics shine. And those change slightly if you can get something with 10 or less resist I the pets damage type.

Crushing blow is merely a utility ability, like many of the others. In a game where nearly all encounters don't need the utility.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Angry fire does do something... is it worth it? No.
Go to an Arctic Ogre Lord that has 5 Fire resist. Use a pet with really low wrestling and nothing else but Angry Fire. It never does more damage than a normal hit.

A Hiryu is a good Mob to test Cold Wind on.

Sometimes you dont need your slide rule to test stuff.:)

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Go to an Arctic Ogre Lord that has 5 Fire resist. Use a pet with really low wrestling and nothing else but Angry Fire. It never does more damage than a normal hit.

A Hiryu is a good Mob to test Cold Wind on.

Sometimes you dont need your slide rule to test stuff.:)
I've tested Angry fire, both on players and mobs...
It does do something :)
If I recall correctly, it's a dd additional proc it does not replace the normal attack.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would an ability described as this:

Angry Fire
Trains the creature in the Angry Fire special ability, causing the creature to deliver devastating fire attacks.

Direct Damage refers to a type of magical damage that is unaffected by an opponent's resistances.

Then why cant I see the damage of a Devastating fire attack?

I know you did not design this so I am not blaming you or expecting an answer.