• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Finally a home in Second Life

F

Flippers

When I was in cybertown from 2002-2006, the best 3D creators couldnt make a cozy cottage. I wanted something Kinkadesque. Most of them didnt even know what that meant. Hey we had an oriental rug contest and two of them had asian characters and were oblivious that it referred to designing persian style patterns etc.

So after an interesting story I wont bore you with, I located what I considered the ultimate cottage:

The lights automatically come on when the sun goes down... A big challenge was getting the right path between my art gallery...

...then down the hill toward the back yard. Ahh check out that groundcover of little sprouting flowers

I got the path at this neato place:

The backyard of my land has a pond with orange soda for fishing and big screen videos on the holodeck walls...

Here I am fishing. It's very toony but very popular. LOL they have this grape jellyfish which looks like a jar of smuckers with purple strands of tentacles. And lest we forget the LOLCatfish (nuff said about that one)

This url should take you to a screen of the lolcatfish.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michmichabo/2653618746/in/pool-7seas

His little caption card says: "I'z in ur oschun. Eetin ur phishuz." :hahaha:

F

Flippers

LOL made it myself. I want to make an "orange slush" sign for it with a certain recongizable font.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nifty work! Someone like you could probably quit their dayjob and make a living in SL.

S

soupandquackers

i dowloaded second life, but my computer is to slow to handle it, it lagged a lot. It looks interesting.

F

Flippers

LOL Elga!! Too much Haagen Dazs

Well it's good to have a new computer, but in preferences you can limit the distance you see things, so not everything in a region loads at once. That can help with lag.

I dont "do SL" like most people do. I check out neat corporate islands (The Weather Channel Island lets you click a sign with numbers to see how much damage the intensity of a hurrican can affect a bait shack. That is so my kind of place), the more creative areas, and so on. I found a place that sells amusement park stuff (all kinds of stuff), and my friend and I were walking around with a tray of greasy fries and chugging on large sodas. It was a blast - and no POINTS!

I have a long way to go before I make money in SL LOL if I end up being good enough to pay back for the habit, I'll be happy.

L

Little Sadie

Wow Elga! Look at those hips! Are there no gyms in SL? Maybe Flippers can create one. LOL!

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I played for like one day. I was flying around trying to figure things out and people kept saying things like "Look at that "thing" in the air.." :blushing:

F

Flippers

Well if you had cat ears they wouldnt have thought anything of you.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I downloaded it once before but my other computer was lagging.

I forgot about it until you started posting. I've downloaded it again but have yet to leave the 1st island they dump all of you into.

F

Flippers

Ah orientation island. It's a good place to finish. It teaches you some basics of how to move. If your PC lets you lol

M

MiranConti

That's pretty cool! I've played second life a couple times though I had some problems. The only thing that kept my interest was flying around and shoving people in the water! :D

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah orientation island. It's a good place to finish. It teaches you some basics of how to move. If your PC lets you lol
I shouldn't leave it then. I'm dying to get a new skin(?) though cause right now I'm like a drunk walking the line.

I was also idiot enough to end up in my undies in front of everyone. LOL!

F

Flippers

heeh kitty. That hasnt happened to me yet on either avatar. I have learned though by experimenting with my alt Snurky to add and never subtract whenever possible; the new stuff will replace the old stuff.

Hey look! I just uploaded a new Youtube video for view in my backyard:

It's great to dance to. Silly screenshot uploaded elsewhere in Stratics :p

F

Flippers

Oh it's not so hard. I learned a lot from Torley's video tutorials. He taught the first part about accessing the higher quality files on YouTube. The thing you have to do though is rightclick and save link as, then rename it whatever .mp4 and upload it instead of hotlink from YouTube (which changes the URL every few minutes).

Anyway here is me and my friend Pinky from Toontown at a Traveling Wilbury's concert in SL last night. Sure it was fake but the music great and it was a lot of fun. I got real good at switching dance styles from my inventory (got them from the Help Island freebie wall when avs started)

UPDATE: Check out this SuperUltraRare fish: Grey Flying Fish. They're easier to catch than the ones in Toontown. I wonder if the LOLcatfish is far behind?

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep ending up with a part of me all silvery grey. Something about rezz, whatever that is. :loser:

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it lags in almost everything. I'm not sure though if it's an acceptable sort of lag or not. The other people I've met always tell me to wait a minute.

It's not just my AV, everything takes a few secs to clear up.