• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Filling BoDs with a macro

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last year, I inherited 2 enormous BoD collections from players who left. After sorting them, I threw myself onto filling them. That was a mistake, and I ended up overstraining my hand. I'm trying to play UO with my left hand now, but it's still quite tough.
All the while, those BoDs are lying there, waiting to be filled. One or more good macros could be the solution to my problem.

Normally, I always play in CC and use UOAssist. However, until now I haven't found a good macro. I'm simply not much of a programmer and logical thinker.
Should a good macro exist in EC, I'd be willing to switch to that in order to finally get rid of the chests and chests that clutter up the living space in my home.

PS: I know unattended macroing is forbidden, but I'm always at my computer when filling BoDs anyway, so I'm not worried about that. I don't want to take advantage of any system, but I still want to use my hands for a few years.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BODs have the ability to fill by combining all eligible items with the BOD as a single click now.

You craft the items in a container, then choose "combine this deed with contained items".

This works great with "make number" and "make Max" choices on crafting tools.

The only tedious BODs are the Carpentry ones that require constant wood reloading (as they use so much wood that you can only hold 4-5 items' worth of wood per "make Max") and the Inscription ones for high-level spells (where you can only craft about 5 before running out of mana).

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Basara. This, I knew already, and BoD filling has improved tremendously years ago when the devs implemented this change.
The sewing machine, spinning lathe and other crafting stations also help a lot.
But indeed the tedious reloading, the dragging and dropping of resources, still puts a lot of strain on my wrist and hand. And that's in truth the main reason why I'm hoping to find a macro.
Perhaps I should simply kindly ask the devs on the UO Forum.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Want to up this thread.
Especially for inscription and alchemy.
What I do now : put lots ( 1k+ ) of every potion in bank . Make restock for each potion 10 PCs (then change it to 15 or 20) . Open BODs one by one . Pressing "fill BOD" button in Pinco's UI. Because all Bods need exact quantity. And cannot be filled from container.

Still building my courage to do same with Inscription Bods but it looks too much troubles for me. 64 spells even with 10per is 640 stones. Will need to group then somehow .
Building 8th level spells stock now . But afraid they will lie in my bank forever. Any solution how to make it work faster ?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Want to up this thread.
Especially for inscription and alchemy.
What I do now : put lots ( 1k+ ) of every potion in bank . Make restock for each potion 10 PCs (then change it to 15 or 20) . Open BODs one by one . Pressing "fill BOD" button in Pinco's UI. Because all Bods need exact quantity. And cannot be filled from container.

Still building my courage to do same with Inscription Bods but it looks too much troubles for me. 64 spells even with 10per is 640 stones. Will need to group then somehow .
Building 8th level spells stock now . But afraid they will lie in my bank forever. Any solution how to make it work faster ?
create an organizer
have container set to your backpack
add by type (potion in 10 qty)

==========
take out BODs of the same potion with 10 qty
then all you have to do is hit the organizer at the bottom of your bag.
(it is the icon that looks like a treasure chest)

you will have to use the option to target the potions.

(unfortunately the fill BOD, by targeting the container,
doesn't work for stackables... I believe they said at a meet & greet,
that there isn't a way for the client to know how much of the item
& it would take the whole stack at once, if you have more than one stack in your backpack.)

then you change the quantity of the potion to 15
(right click the potion in the organizer list)
when those are filled, do it again for 20

then when those are done, delete that potion and add a new potion.
repeat until all your BODs are full

gwen

Slightly Crazed
create an organizer
have container set to your backpack
add by type (potion in 10 qty)
==========
take out BODs of the same potion with 10 qty
I do it with restock. Not with organizer. Restock does it in my desired quantity. Organizer just sends whole lot.
Or there is away to work it out?
I tried pick same potions first. My eyes say NO ! Tilll developers will introduce some way to sort BOD books . I will restock all potions to my backpack. But I see troubles with inscription in future

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I do it with restock. Not with organizer. Restock does it in my desired quantity. Organizer just sends whole lot.
Or there is away to work it out?
I tried pick same potions first. My eyes say NO ! Tilll developers will introduce some way to sort BOD books . I will restock all potions to my backpack. But I see troubles with inscription in future
oops
yes, I meant restock

I do as I said above.
DEVs won't do alphabetical for some reason.

but I also usually take the time & put same bods in the same bod book.
so when I go to fill them, I just have to use the same potion.
(if I am working up alchemy on a character,
I don't fill BODs, just save them to add to BODs later.)