• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fighting tips

L

lancelot99

I have the following template ..
120 Music
120 Disco
120 provo
120 med
120 spellweaving
120 mage

I am very new to the whole bard template (mainly use a thrower or tamer) and wondering for some tips and hunting advice from experienced Bards.

What i have been doing ...

1, i have been using him in shame to disco the monsters for easy pet kills and the disco mastery/WOD makes short work of the corrupted wisps (recieved a few aties that way)

2, i allured an AOL and went down to shame, thought i'd try to use provo on some wind ellies then set my AOL on them... sadly, even with an air elly slayer lute i failed repeatedly to provoke them - dead aol and more than a few death robes for me :sad3:

So, can someone give me hints on how to handle places like shame? why provo did not work? what strategy could/should i use?

All advice apreciated :)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run a pure bard so I am able to drop peace bombs to get me out of hairy situations. Also I keep the peace masteries up which usually means they will keep me alive long enough to get away.
But typically I pull up the bars while I'm sitting out of spell range of the mobs, then run in and quick provo. If it doesnt take I run right back out. I also always keep fighting mobs between me and whatever I'm trying to provoke, so that as soon as I provoke they are close enough to the target, that they are unlikely to switch target back to me.

If you are using disco mastery, make sure you switch damage type to the weakest resist for that mob, and discord them before you launch your mastery ability.Also remember that the discord abilities do not require line of site for upkeep. You only have to remain in range. So you can keep them on the other side of a wall where they cant hit or target you but you are still dealing damage. (Wall of stone still useful)

L

lancelot99

''If you are using disco mastery, make sure you switch damage type to the weakest resist for that mob, and discord them before you launch your mastery ability"' how do you switch damage type? i normaly just discord then launch mastery ... never knew you could target specific resists?

- Ahh found it by clicking on the bard book ...

What is the delay between switching masteries? 10 minutes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i didnt like being able to switch masteries at first.... it felt like cheating.... now i love it, hehe

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... discord them before you launch your mastery ability....
I'm confused here.... Why would you discord BEFORE launching your mastery? Especially on something like the UEV's in Shame, since they are almost impossible for a 4x 120 Bard to disco even WITH the disco mastery running...

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ensuring they are discorded maxes your damage potential. You can drop the mastery on them then discord them (Since it would lower their strength slightly and may make them easier to discord, but that reduction may not be that significant), but if you can land discord first it also has the added bonus of potentially lowering the bard difficulty making them easier to provoke.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
plus keep in mind that the disco masteries flag you to the mob.
i like to disco first, pet on then dig in with the knife and fork (bard masteries)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you guys successfully disco the UEV's in Shame, prior to running the disco mastery?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, i do it all the time.....errr.... DID do it all the time back when i farmed them before they killed the loot on them.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
covetous level 3 & 4 fel side