• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fighting the good fight

• Thread starter imported_eggchick7
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_eggchick7

Hello,

This is in response to your e-mail regarding the Sims.

We appreciate you taking your time to write to us. We will go ahead and forward this message to Bill Gates. We can not guarantee he will have the time to read this message, or provide a response. If you have any further questions you may contact us at 800-765-7768.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know. Thank you for contacting Microsoft.

Nestor
[email protected]
http://www.microsoft.com/partner/
Tel: 1-800-765-7768
Fax: 1-661-775-6478

Action Item of the Month: Submit Customer References Today to Keep Current in MSPP! https://partner.microsoft.com/US/40035938

Message received date: 4/30/08
Original sender: [email protected]
Case ID: BIS-4882113

If you need any further assistance with this specific query, please reference the Case ID above when contacting us.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
CAP Service Request ID: 1065933074
Date: Apr 30 2008 10:11 AM

Customer email: [email protected]

Customer information: Subject: Contacting Bill Gates<br/>CUSTOMER PROVIDED SYSTEM PROPERTIES Country/Region: United Kingdom PARTNER INFORMATION Membership Level: Not Enrolled COMPANY NAME I dont have one QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS Problem Area: Other Message: I play the Sims online game or EA Land, I would like Bill Gates to read this message....he is the only one I could think off. EA are shelving thegame that has aved the sanity of many people who play this game including me and my marriage (dont ask) he is the only rich person I could think of and I am aware you may not be able to send this to him and may think I am completely out of my min d...but at least I will have tried something. I really hope you or he can help. Thank you anyway to whoever reads this.

<font color="purple"> </font> I thought this copy of my email may lighten peoples hearts!

W

Whitilicious 07'

YAY you go gf ! I also sent one when i get a replay i will post it here . I also sent Oprah an email . Come on ppl the only way we are going to be able to fight EA is to have massive coverage get on the phone or start emailing , talk show hosts ,reporters,etc. And its ok if we send several emails to one person/cpmpany it just shows the passion and love we have for our Simmie Online Virtual Movement

I

imported_eggchick7

Thanks hun for then vote of confidence I send it right back to you too! Have been trawling the net to see if I can find where I can email Will Wright but no luck so far

I

imported_eggchick7

Hey guess what! I emailed Oprah too, desperate times...it aint over till the fat lady sings...and I aint singing LOL

W

Whitilicious 07'

WOOOOOOOOOOT !!! Ellen, also and many others . Cant sleep and it makes me sick to even be in game. So i been a busy little simmie this am .

G

I'm not sure that Micro$oft would be any less bad than EA ... but hey, gotta be worth a try.

G

Eh? I don't get it, what does Bill Gates have to do with closing down Sims Online?

I guess I can understand if you want to raise the question in the media, but that letter to Bill Gates seems like the wrong way. He's gonna think you're some nut among the many nuts that most likely email him.

Oprah and newspapers and such might be a better way, if you would inspire them to make a news story about it. Anything that's on Oprah would most likely flood the game with millions of players overnight (and crash the servers for good
).

G

Hey how about Time and/or Newsweek magazine/s? Didn't one or both run a cover story about Sims Online around the time of public launch? That would make them almost *responsible* to run a followup on the (shudder) *SUNSET*.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Eh? I don't get it, what does Bill Gates have to do with closing down Sims Online?

[/ QUOTE ]Nothing; but if anyone has the clout to be able to buy the game - lock, stock, and barrel - off of EA, it'd be him!

Though, I'm not sure he'd be my top choice for "adopting" it, however. At 1.2GB, it's big enough as it is! If he has at it, it would come back as a 25GB monstrosity that not even a Crysis-level computer could handle -- and would require activation every 30 days!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Though, I'm not sure he'd be my top choice for "adopting" it, however. At 1.2GB, it's big enough as it is! If he has at it, it would come back as a 25GB monstrosity that not even a Crysis-level computer could handle -- and would require activation every 30 days!

[/ QUOTE ]

*cough*

G

(In reply to Lane)
Yeah, that would be a good idea maybe.

If you find a good angle they would be inspired by.

Some angles that might work;

- One of the first ever online games is shutting down (follow up story)
- The Sims, the world's biggest selling game, now fails...
- Great improvements in the game - now EA will not fund it any more (get them to try and get an interview with Luc or Lee)
- Loyal fans trying to save the game, link to petition
- Urging everyone to sign up and play the last months of this classic game

But I guess that fails since they have ended the possibility to sign up for the game. I have seen 0 day old sims recently but I guess they are extras on already existing accounts?

I guess if this was featured in a big TV show or a magazine with a lot of subscribers, it could have an impact.

I personally don't think it's possible to save the game anymore, it's too "old" in this day and age. People think the graphics and the game engine suck, and I guess they do according to today's standards.
But I would applaud you if you managed to get this in the news and save the game in some manner, or if you could get attention to it so EA would be urged to make an "up to date" online game for us. Imo EA are just being daft, missing out on this opportunity. The Sims is an universal success, and playing online is the future for all games.