• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fighter Bard Build

T_Jones

Journeyman
I am working on a fighter bard.

Disco - 120 or Taming 120
Provo - 120 Lore 120
Music - 120 Vet 120

Magery - 120 (with magery weapon)
Bushido - 100
Tactics - 100
Anatomy - 40 (70 with jewelry)

Is there a better build for this kind?

I am using the Staff of Magi now, it is a -0 mage weapon.
are there any named bows as -0 mage weapons? Would like to switch to a bow when played as a tamer.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My current bard hybrid is 4x120 bard
120 archery
120 fishing
I could drop peace and fishing and add tactics and anatomy run provo mastery for DI and healing i did a little destard as a fisherman and was able to survive and get drops but it's a slow process and speed is the most important thing with these events

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am working on a fighter bard.

Disco - 120 or Taming 120
Provo - 120 Lore 120
Music - 120 Vet 120

Magery - 120 (with magery weapon)
Bushido - 100
Tactics - 100
Anatomy - 40 (70 with jewelry)

Is there a better build for this kind?

I am using the Staff of Magi now, it is a -0 mage weapon.
are there any named bows as -0 mage weapons? Would like to switch to a bow when played as a tamer.
As with anything in UO, it will depend on what you are trying to do / what you are trying to fight with this build.

My initial thought though is that the bard build wouldn't be too effective fighting higher end mobs solo because you won't really have a tank to absorbed damage and you aren't really maxing out your offensive ability either.

The taming route would be pretty effective though since your pet (which I'd assume would be 5 slot maxed out skills) will take the damage and do a good chunk of damage as you shoot the target which will help kill it faster. Going this route, you really won't need to be too worried about a -0 magery weapon because even at 100 magery (using a -20magery bow) you can cast GHeal/cure etc and you won't really need to use any of the higher end spells like flamestrike (since you don't have eval).

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The 2 Provo masteries are usually considered the most powerful of the bard masteries.
for most content, including the periodic treasure drop style turn in events, you’ll be better off with 120 taming , 110 lore, and a mixture of other skills.
put 120 discord on the pet.
in most content, a tamer mage will out damage and out survive archers. These are more useful solo and in groups.

provocation itself is good in a few cases, like the shadowguard bar, the myrmidex pit, etc. too bad pets can’t have provo, that would be funny.