• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fight Night - Week 3

G

Well, it was certainly an action-packed night on Sunday, both in and out of the arena. Thanks once again goes to all who attended, whether spectators, participants or defenders.

The first hour was dominated by those attempting the Elemental Challenge where contestants try to kill a number of elementals as quickly as possible. First up was Grot. He went for 'The Grand Slam' against a fire/earth/air/water and set the initial mark by disposing of them all in 108 seconds. Later, Grimbold recorded a time of 134 seconds, but Epic Ignorance impressed the crowd by disposing of them in a fraction under one minute. Others did not fare so well. Justinian survived for 36 seconds while Kemo was drenched in just 11 seconds. Some decided to go with only a couple of elementals, but even then it was no gimme and poor Roscoe received a four second toasting. SpyderBite thought he would have a go with four earths, but actually ended up with five. That was my own fault - Blind Otto was in the summoning crew, and I told him to stop when he could see four. Anyway, Spyder ended up as a new coat of varnish on the dueling pit floor after 23 seconds.

Twelve combatants entered into the tournament this week, and with no large CCC contingent present it meant there were lots of new faces. The first fight of the opening round proved to be almost the longest of the evening, with Grot requiring two minutes to defeat Nicole. On the other end of the scale, newcomer Masumatek gave notice to all by cutting down Felinious in just 17. As the first round reached its conclusion, a group of rowdies showed up demanding admission into the tournament. Despite the registration deadline having passed some twenty minutes prior, some consideration was given to allowing them entry. However, when the demands turned into threats using the most appalling and vile language, they were turned down. Naturally, the uncouth rabble started attacking some innocent bystanders and so had to be dealt with by Shire security.

In the second round, SpyderBite, who had got a bye in the first, had the misfortune to be paired against Epic Ignorance and had his fangs extracted in a rather brutal seven seconds. Roscoe, having recovered from his close encounter of the elemental kind, took out Pangolin in 15. Grot, who was now busy removing the interlopers, had to forfeit his place in the contest.

The first semi-final drew KSS's Dan Moor against Masumatek. The latter showed no mercy once more and his murderous arts disposed of the knight-in-training fairly quickly. The second semi would be between Roscoe and Epic. I had cast a wall of stone to start the bout and was just about to take a seat with a bag of my favourite Wispwood Crunchies, when whack! It was all over. Roscoe had gone down in just six seconds. The crowd was stunned. SpyderBite, however, will no doubt be relieved that the bonus point for fastest kill does not go to his opponent for the third week running. After recovering from this ordeal, Roscoe matched up to Daan for the third place play-off, and this time we had a classic contest of nearly three minutes before Daan finally buried his axe into Roscoe's head.

In the final, Epic Ignorance and Masumatek slugged it out for the top honours, but in the end it was that Evil Bastage Epic who came through in a tad under thirty seconds. So, congratulations to him, Masumatek, and all of the day's competitors for another entertaining spectacle.

Finally for now, it has been suggested that the Fight Night rules are not true dueling. Well, this may be true, but we are also trying to put on an entertaining show and vary the rules to allow different templates a chance. However, next week we will be using a far more restricted rule set, so we will see how that compares to previous contests. Full details will be available on the event posting.

<u>Results</u>

Round 1
Grot defeated Nicole [119 seconds]
Daan Mor defeated Mathias [32]
Masumatek defeated Felinious [17]
Grimbold defeated Kemo Ven Ayen [35]

Round 2
Roscoe defeated Pangolin [15]
Epic Ignorance defeated SpyderBite [7]
Masumatek defeated Grimbold [22]
Daan Mor gets bye following withdrawal of Grot

Semi-finals
Masumatek defeated Daan Mor [21]
Epic Ignorance defeated Roscoe [6]

Third Place playoff
Daan Mor defeated Roscoe [172]

Final
Epic Ignorance defeated Masumatek [28]

<u>Championship Points</u>
<pre>
Epic Ignorance 10
Masumatek 7
Daan Mor 4
Roscoe 3
Grimbold 2
Grot 2
Others 1
</pre>

<u>Championship Standings</u>
<pre>
Contestant T W L BF MP Points
Alexander 2 7 1 1 10 17
Epic Ignorance 1 3 0 1 10 10
Jim Greco 2 4 1 1 9 10
Grot 2 3 1 2 6 8
Masumatek 1 3 1 2 7 7
Black Rose 2 3 4 3 5 7
Daan Mor 1 2 1 3 4 4
Meshach 1 2 2 3 4 4
Robert Franko 1 2 2 4 4 4
Roscoe 1 1 2 4 3 3
Grimbold 2 1 2 - 2 3
SpyderBite 3 0 6 5 1 3
Eel Eye 1 0 1 - 1 1
Felinious 1 0 1 - 1 1
Kemo Ven Ayen 1 0 1 - 1 1
Mathias 1 0 1 - 1 1
Nicole 1 0 1 - 1 1
Pangolin 1 0 1 - 1 1
Shadow 1 0 1 - 1 1
Tarmin 1 0 1 - 1 1
</pre>
Key: -
T – tournaments entered
W/L – bouts won/lost (1 v 1 only)
BF – best placing
MP – most points in single tournament

<u>Elemental Challenge</u>
<pre>
Grot 108 [Grand Slam]
<font color="red">Kemo Van Ayen 11 [Grand Slam]</font>
Grimbold 134 [Grand Slam]
Epic Ignorance 59 [Grand Slam]
<font color="red">Justinian 36 [Grand Slam]</font>
<font color="red">SpyderBite 23 [Earth x 5]</font>
Felinious 60 [Fire + Earth]
<font color="red">Roscoe 4 [Fire + Earth]</font>
Justinian 55 [Earth x 2]

Black – Success <font color="red"> Red – Failure</font>
</pre>

Week 1 report
Week 2 report

T

Taser-LA

Nice job Hoffs.

Congrats Epic Ignorance. That was the first time I had seen a Soul Seeker used
in PvP.... and it certainly got the job done.

I lost my Heart of the Lion to some kind of bug in the fight though. One minute my Heart is blessed... and the next minute my arms are! Is that a new spell!?

Cheers!
Aeric

T

Timothy_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Nice job Hoffs.

Congrats Epic Ignorance. That was the first time I had seen a Soul Seeker used
in PvP.... and it certainly got the job done.

To REV... thanks for ripping my Heart of the Lion off! One minute my Heart is
blessed... and the next minute my arms are! Is that a new spell!?

Cheers!
Aeric

[/ QUOTE ]

Since your arms ended up Blessed somehow, I would say that you mis-clicked something. I don't know how many times I've went to "Leave House" but ended up trying to "Toggle Quest Item". I hope you aren't saying REV, or anyone else for that matter, exploited. I know for a fact that wasn't the case.

F

Feyre

Oh man someone used the switch thier siege blessed item hax. Its done now.

G

i for myself asked you about 5 times if i still can join and you just ignored me on partytalk so i left and went to do something else. would be nice if you could just say yes or no next time :/

T

Taser-LA

<blockquote><hr>

Since your arms ended up Blessed somehow, I would say that you mis-clicked something. I don't know how many times I've went to "Leave House" but ended up trying to "Toggle Quest Item". I hope you aren't saying REV, or anyone else for that matter, exploited. I know for a fact that wasn't the case.

[/ QUOTE ]
No I did not change gear and rebless the wrong thing. The Heart had been blessed since I got it. I don't know what happened.

How you would know that NOBODY exploited is beyond me.

I will drop it because... it isn't worth arguing about. Especially when I have no
idea what happened.

Cheers!

T

TheRoscoe

Well I had a blast, even with my four second flaming
I can't wait till next weeks fight!

The third place fight with Daan was the most fun I think I have ever had in a fight, thanks again for the fun.

And thanks again to Hoffs for hosting

M

Mandolin

Great afternoon as usual, Hoffs! Keep 'em coming!

Regardless of my performance... I have a great time each week!

Congrats to Epic.. look forward to seeing you in next week's tournament!

I

imported_Daan Mor

<blockquote><hr>

The third place fight with Daan was the most fun I think I have ever had in a fight, thanks again for the fun.

[/ QUOTE ]
My pleasure Roscoe

A great night all round, apart from REV spitting their dummy because they had to wait a week to enter the tournament.
Congratulations to Hoffs for another entertaining evening in the Shire.
See you all next week!

G

<blockquote><hr>

i for myself asked you about 5 times if i still can join and you just ignored me on partytalk so i left and went to do something else. would be nice if you could just say yes or no next time :/

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, sorry. However, I had 3-4 of you asking. I had already turned down the first. I was trying to do about five things at once, not the least of which was run an ongoing tournament. I remember joining a party but wasn't sure whose.

I was debating whether to allow late entries seeing as there were some with first round byes, but then the threats and abuse started, so...

All I can say is, arrive before 5.50 next time.

G

uhhh ya i wasnt angry at all and thought its because of that. i live in europa and wasnt able to show up to the fightnights but now my holidays started so i stayed up but guess [censored] up with time a bit. ill try to be more on time next week