• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fifth Trade Caravan

P

Paidric

Hello fellow Britannians,

Here comes the time again of the Trade Caravan. After we successfully reached the town of Yew, the caravan sailed to the town of Vesper. So this time we'll head to Cove!

Note that as the road doesn't reach Cove, we'll be following the forest edge when we reach the bend to the north.

Attention! There is a schedule change!

Here is the planned route :

Everyone is welcome to join us and help us defend our prized possessions in the dangerous trip.
The caravan will depart the coming Thursday, enlist yourself!

We count on you!

Paidric of New Haven.

--------------------------------

This event is intended for all players who want to experience some PvP in a fun and different way. We encourage every player to join us.
Bring your blessed armor and weapons if you fear the insurance cost! Or just buy some GM made armor/weapons.

You can find all details about the concept of the event here :
Trade Caravan Concept Page

Schedule and organisation
  • The Caravan will depart on Thursday 5 of June at 7:40PM UK Time (8:40PM CET - 2:40PM EST).
  • The meeting point is the zone between the south Vesper bridges and the inn.
  • Gates will be provided from Luna Hall from 7:20PM until 7:50PM (the caravan will be on the road already).
  • Eight people will be carrying items for the Caravan, those will be engraved iron Viking Swords carried inside the main backpack of the caravanees.
  • The goal of the guards is to reach our destination with as much of those items as possible.
  • The Caravan will be led by N'athuk of [HLP] (though we expect him to die quite a few times being in front). There will be other caravan leaders to help keep some structure.

Remarks
  • Please try to follow the leaders instructions as to when to advance/stop so we can keep some structure.
  • Please stay grouped and follow your closest leader (we are in bright orange)
  • We encourage everyone to show some fairplay and avoid ress-killing, looting, griefing, etc. The goal of this event is to bring more people to friendly PvP. If you like action, promote the event rather than ruin it!

We hope to see many of you.

Paidric

---------------------------------------

>>> THE EVENT REPORT <<<

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I will help you guys defending the swords...

S

SilentFoxXy

Yippee,

As usual Ill be trying to help:) Cant wait, just wish it was every day:)

See you tomorrow

CatT

B

Birdseye

Damn, don't think i will be able to make this one.:mad:

Hope you get a better turn out of reds than last time, i will pass the info around our guild.:stir:

Why do i have to earn a living?:grrr:

P

Paidric

I look forward to seeing you all tonight :)

Just as a reminder... 7:40PM UK TIME, which is 20:40 for the rest of europe and around 2:40 for east coast americans.

W

Wishbone

Now there is dedication!!
Look forward to ressing you again Winker :) :stir:

S

SilentFoxXy

Many thanks again to Paidric, Nathuk, Aislin et al, and thanks again to PACT for ensuring a fun evening

Well done everyone see you in a fortnight:)

CatT:)

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah thanks boys was fun once again...Only died once this week! Thanks for the res :stretcher: Wishbone :thumbup1:

W

Wishbone

Yeah thanks boys was fun once again...Only died once this week! Thanks for the res :stretcher: Wishbone :thumbup1:
My pleasure, just tell some of yer red mates it's not nice to kill the guy who is trying to heal you :grrr:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My pleasure, just tell some of yer red mates it's not nice to kill the guy who is trying to heal you :grrr:

Yeah i was one of them at one point, untill i seen it was you i was shooting at sorry, But i did stop before i killed you, once i noticed . In the heat of battle it gets hard you just pick a target and start shoooting :gun: I did tell them at the start not to kill you as you were their best hope of getting a res

B

Birdseye

Another great night guys.:gun:

Told you us reds would get together and even the books.:grouphug:

Gave you blues one hell of a kicking on that server line.:gee:

Can't remember so many corpses, it even beat the Brti to Trinsic run.:stretcher:

We want more.:thumbsup:

How about trying one on a Sunday afternoon?:thumbup:

P

Paidric

First things first... Thanks to EVERYONE for another fun and enjoyable event!
That server line definitely was a killer :) And our red fiends did their job pretty well!
It was a nice mess to try and break through, but I guess we still need a bit(lot) more organisation on our part :)

Now, I really need any pictures of the slaughter that followed... Because in the heat of the battle and the numerous run back and forth... I kinda missed taking some screenshots in the action...
I got caught by the heat of the battle and was desperatly clicking my smoke bombs... They saved me quite a few times!

I've got the article mostly written... but lack at least one or two pics of the slaughter! :bdh:

You can PM me and I'll send you my e-mail for the pics. Thanks in advance :)

*sighs* We miss our reporter a lot!

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, thanks everyone who made this one possible.

Was great fun!

K

Kayne

*sighs* We miss our reporter a lot!
Reporter is here but with the forums and websites having so much trouble recently its been very difficult.
Currently the software used to post news to uo.stratics.com doesn't automatically post into the forums as it used to. You will no doubt also have noticed no shards are submitting news onto the main page.

The added time it takes to prepare the reports post them to the main page and then again into the forums is something I just don't currently have. I miss these events terribly but there isn't much I can do about that at the moment

Your reporter,

Kayne

B

Birdseye

I will ask the guys if anyone took any shots from our perspective, but no-one has mentioned anything so far.:grouphug:

But i fully intend to take some from the 'red' side of the fence on the next caravan, and i will provide these.:thumbsup:

P

Paidric

Thanks Birdy, I'd be glad to have some screenshots/comments from your side!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good report indeed ... and lots of fun that night :)

Seeing Scrumpy in the first pic reminds me, that I met him on Saturday at the Traveller's Inn in Trinsic, where he seemed to have been since Thursday and in an accordingly wasted state. He apparently spent the meagre 50 gp he got for his singing on Lord-British-knows-what to keep him dazed for 2 days, being depressed by the ignorance he got for his performance. He swore to never sing in public again, even if half of Sosaria would beg him to (hearing that from a beggar made me giggle inside a bit). So, I think we finally got rid of his "encouraging hymns" ... let's just hope that Typhoid Mary won't pick up where he left ... *grins*

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And now somebody tell me please why I posted the message before in the wrong thread? Wowser, this heat is hitting hard ....

B

Birdseye

Just a random comment to bring the post up front! Got a couple of private messages asking for details, from players from other shards.