• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fiction] That's What I Want... '(Updated 5th Dec)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Money?

Things were going badly.

Now Antonio was gone the cell needed money and they were in disarray.

A plan was hatched and five of the cell made their way unhappily from the hideout and went in search of gold...

Source: Money?

A Runner Has News!

A runner appears at each city and tells the guard to beware as a gang of men made an attack on the minter in Yew last night and made off with a substantial amount of gold.

Source: http://europa.uoem.net/index.php?op...09:a-runner-has-news&catid=8:default&Itemid=7

That's What I Want...

Steve the Pirate sat drowning his sorrows in the tavern.

The pirate gang had split up and gone their seperate ways and Steve needed a drink [or three].

The strange conversation just now didn't help and he shook his head as the man left.

The incessant sound of sword on shield was also becoming irritating.

But it was better than the incessant sqwaking of that damn parrot.

Now who around here looked rich...

Source: http://europa.uoem.net/index.php?op...13:thats-what-i-want&catid=8:default&Itemid=7

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: [Fiction] Money? / A Runner Has News! [New!]

There is forced box at Yew mint and some bloody marks on ground.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

From the bloody dagger outside the Abbey the trail appears to lead to Yew Healers and the only NPC in there is William the Fence. He is saying notalot, like nothing at all.

T

Tane Darkbane

try being nice and saying hello

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Any other words he responding to?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mystery solved :D

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Book of Codes on Eiffel Island :)

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Oh, so what to decode?
No idea, I haven't found anything to decode, just the code books, which say.

Book Of Codes
by Barish

Please note this code book replaces the previous one which may be compromised.

m arnipo
t wenfsu
w xrenti
t ynerup
f fentri
s isxrty
s ckurst

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its buggy or not used for text decode. There is no letters "b", "v", "q", "j", "z", "d", "g", "h", "k" .... at all.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Dunno if this is old or new, but as I've been pootling about after turkey maps, I've been finding odd blue boxes out in the middle of nowhere - just south of my Yew house and on the other side of the mountains west of Despise - and each contains an item with two letters on it. Can't pick em up, get a cursor that does nothing if you double click em, one is a lantern, one is a scroll.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Those are from the drow event story arc, the ones around the sanctuary. There should be one with a scroll inside titled Li, but written in lowercase, so li.

And for the code, it is quite obvious that the first letters are the days of the week. I dont know if it is something to be decoded or something that will help us to decode another book.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Gotcha. Antonio said something about codes. They are passwords to enter.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I missed an event and havent seen a report here, so I dont know what he said. We should have lock Antonio up or even better, get rid of him while we had the chance. That guy is full of problems.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I saw this posted on the EM site:

Focus...

The report for the Queen didn't make for good reading. It was filled with vagueries and questions more than answers.

Antonio, who was Hannah's new found love, was something of an enigma. Clearly he wasn't a bad young man but he had possibly broken the law at some time in the past and he had joined some sort of secret service.

The secret service in itself was also disturbing. Nathan thought back. So there were twenty two members in Antonio's cell, led by two men known as Kurtes and Sharroc. But from one report on his desk it appeared that Kurtes was dead and buried in Jhelom cemetary. So taking away Kurtes and Antonio that left twenty unaccounted for.

Then there was the assasin in the Castle [nineteen] and one found in Britain the next night [eighteen]. From reports of the Yew mint attack there was some sort of altercation there - a bloody dagger in Yew and a bloody Mace in Vesper [killed by guards?]. Also it was clear that reports of a discovered code-book mentioned it was being guarded. And presumably they were dead now also [fourteen?].

Nathan wanted to see the code-book for himself and talk about it with the guard but that would have to wait there was a more pressing issue to deal with.

It was at this point that Nathan slapped himself. Back when they had rescued Antonio from the secret service Kurtes and Sharroc were present [at least] from the conversation that had been overheard so presumably Sharroc was also dead now [or had he escaped - thirteen?]. And there must have been a few more there present along with the savages. Or were there? Nathan cursed himself for not investigating the bodies more closely at the time. So the cell was reduced to at least thirteen[ish] active operatives.

The link with the lost savge tribe was clear - via Kurtes and the Spear of Antirez - but what did it all mean?

Getting up from the table Nathan decided the best course of action, as suggested by the guard all along, was to try and find this secret service cell and what they were up to.

But now to that pressing matter - a very badly burnt agent.

Nathan left a hurried note in the Counsellors' Hall hoping someone would find it and went to talk to one of his badly wounded men who had just returned from a mission to the Orc Fort near Yew...
So I checked the Counsellors' Hall and found 'A Hurried Note' by Nathan Hawke which says

If someone reads this can they please go and talk to Selcius.

He may have some answers in the stars.

Try and be polite.
Selcius has the following to say from the keywords used.

Hello - Hello there traveller are you interested in the stars?

yes - Ahh that is good I have been observing the movements of three moons recently.

moons - A green moon, a red moon and a white moon all moving into alignment.

alignment - Yes currently it looks as if the white moon is covering the green moon slightly.

green - What do they represent? Could they be factions or armies? What could be the significance?

red - The red moon seems to be moving more slowly towards the other two but it looks much larger.

white - This looks to me like some sort of allegory for happenings here or some sign.

allegory - Yes to the less scientific it appears as if the white moon has started to devour the green moon.

devour - Or in other words there looks to be some conflict taking place. Where I cannot tell.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I went to the orc fort near yew, found several savage guardians there and a book:

Note:Aron told me the book is from an old event, so dont take it seriously.
Drowish:
Quathen!

A Daek Elf

Plynn l' eroln ulu l' ussten immediately!

Morfeth zhaunus dos deliver l' decoder voiry mziln!

Deliver l' eroln lu' l'decoder voiry ulu Elvssysnkacha

immediately!

Dosst caravan z'klaen naut hojh udossa!

Jala houj orn lead ulu dosst elghinnen!

Olath Darthirii Obok

Quarth

Translated: (Badly)
Orders!

Seize the orcs to the mine(?) immediately!

Make sure you also deliver the decoder book.

Deliver the orcs and the decoder book to Elvssysnkacha immediately!

Your caravan must not fail us!

Any failure will lead to your death!

Dark Elf High Command

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There were some savage guardians inside the orc mibes and an orc alchemist. I havent found any book, will try some keywords on the orc alchemist.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"He loved to Drink with the Pirates", allways seemed odd, tried to use ale on the grave without any success. Then it hit me: Drink with the pirates = The Pirate's Plunder!

Book from The Pirate's Plunder:

A List

by Unknown

Get spare clothes fast for travel. Get em now and stay owt of the loyal towns.
I hope I havent found a book from an old event again..

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Book from The Pirate's Plunder:

A List

by Unknown

Get spare clothes fast for travel. Get em now and stay owt of the loyal towns.
I hope I havent found a book from an old event again..
Its clue to find bloody mace at tailor shop.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's What I Want...

Steve the Pirate sat drowning his sorrows in the tavern.

The pirate gang had split up and gone their seperate ways and Steve needed a drink [or three].

The strange conversation just now didn't help and he shook his head as the man left.

The incessant sound of sword on shield was also becoming irritating.

But it was better than the incessant sqwaking of that damn parrot.

Now who around here looked rich...

Source: http://europa.uoem.net/index.php?op...13:thats-what-i-want&catid=8:default&Itemid=7

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Steve the Pirate tells something about special cloaks, savages, magic and someone who looking for men to hire.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Found him! He wants our gold and gems, Typical pirate. :p

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gave him some gold and he asks the name of the person you are looking for.
Antonio leaves him silent and I dont know any other names in curent scenario.
Anyone got any ideas?.

I do wonder if the squaking parrot he refers to might give a name but where is it?

edit - fed him a couple amethysts and he offers that the one who was talking to him was The Barish

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gave him some gold and he asks the name of the person you are looking for.
Antonio leaves him silent and I dont know any other names in curent scenario.
Anyone got any ideas?.

I do wonder if the squaking parrot he refers to might give a name but where is it?

edit - fed him a couple amethysts and he offers that the one who was talking to him was The Barish
I had it in my spoiler. *points above*

No sign of Barish though. :(