• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fiction] Love Me Two Times

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fiction
Love Me Two Times

Love seems to happen magically and by itself. Truth is; it takes a lot of hard work!

It was still early in the morning when Cupid picked up his bow and arrows.
Time to get to work. Love doesn't just happen by itself you know!
Cupid spread his wings and looked down from his heavenly view. He saw the forests and cities of Sossaria waking up from the first rays of the dawn. His wings slowly carried him down towards the facet of Ilshenar. Cupid's first destination: The Twisted Wield. Even the wolves and spiders need love!

Cupid shot his arrows left and right at creeping spiders and howling wolves. He did not fear them, for his wings were swift and his arrows were true.
In his confidence Cupid failed to notice the Paragon Changeling creeping up behind him. He was startled by the sound *chingelingeling* but when he turned around it was too late!

Cupid looked into the eyes of.... Cupid?

Before he had recovered from the shock the Changeling Cupid flew away across the mountains.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Find the Changeling Cupids flying across Ilshenar on the evening of February 14th.

Happy Valentines Day!

Taken from the EM Website.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone has any screenshots from the evening feel free to add them!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ran round Ilshenar for an hour - saw absolutely nothing - gave up and watched TV - no screenshots from me.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately i had to work over the day - so only came online late and i think
by then the event was almost over - i just wittnessed one kill and that only via
general chat - dont think there were any screenshots of that.

I made one after i got killed by a Greater Dragon Paragon on my extended search
for Cupids in Ilshenar - well - et least i got to see places i never been before (i
think - or my age is effecting my memory more than i thought [biggrin])

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I was online for the first wave which wasn't officially announced I think, and then the next 3 was it that were? I ran around and around and around and didn't see anything until the penultimate wave. when I ran into this fellow... He was too strong to be taken down by a single mare, even with constant healing at 110 vet, so whilst I was running bandages I advertised in Chat where he was; in the end about 10 people arrived, but as far as I know, no one got a Stuffie from this one. Booo! :(

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like your 'Life 100%' thing in the status bar. Is that a mod or an option in SA I've yet to find?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Traveler was kind enough to show me his collection of stuffy bears!

From top left to bottom right.

"Love Me Two Times"

"Be My Valentine"

"Happy Valentines Day"

"Be My Valentine"

"Happy Valentines Day"

Thanks Traveler for showing me those!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow traveller did well...i ran around for about 1 hour like a headless chicken and saw none....darn it again

A

Angel121

Not even sure they are on this shard still... rolleyes:
I really hope you are kidding.

I mean seriously, The idea that something for europa's people are offsharded in less than a day is really really bad.

At least there was so many christmas one's that off sharding them was not so big an issue.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the Hello I love you stuffy I managed to get is now locked down on the stairs of my Umbra house, and there it´s staying (at least until it´s time for Easter re-decoration, but then it will only move up to the next floor and most certainly not to another shard :)).

U

UOFree

Xsharding of items will always happen, I actually hope that Manticore or some of the big collectors gets a set or just one to display in their Museum. Just because its on another shard doesnt mean its not for all shards.

Im trying to get a set myself but seems like people want 40-60m for a rare bear, wich is more than what I would pay for a Valentine item. :)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I mean seriously, The idea that something for europa's people are offsharded in less than a day is really really bad.

At least there was so many christmas one's that off sharding them was not so big an issue.
I was kidding, But don't be surprised if atleast half of them are on other shards. :)

EDIT: Actually I take that back, After trying to buy one tonight I see where they are all going. Goodluck if anyone wants one on Europa. :(

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, considering that it seems 1 person got 5 of them, there's only let's say another 5 or so likely to be floating about (I heard 8 Cupid spawns per wave, and they didn't all drop one as I discovered), and also considering that no one seems to have sold Europa Trader any, as he's still advertising every few minutes for one... maybe they do indeed remain on the server!

The sad thing is though, I want a particular rare myself, the Singing Ball, and even if I do get a true rare drop eventually, I'll probably need to sell it to go off server just to bring one Singing back onto the server, at hideously inflated prices. Ultima Online always had this problem back when I played, but 12 years of inflation really hurts the casual player it seems; I was quoted 80 million for such a ball :(

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 waves, 15 cupids each. 45 total bears.
If you don't got drop, its becouse in someone else corpse instance.

C

cheerful

I would just like to say that, when there are notable RL events happening ingame eveyone should be able to get a 'momento' of the occasion, imo.

A

Angel121

X-Sharding I expect, it was just the fact X sharding was mentioned within 24 hours of the drops when Hype is so high you can with some people name a price.

I for one have X sharded some items. About a 2-3 weeks after the drop, no one was interested in them after the initial purchase's of 3 mill to not being able to shift them. I gave some to friends for free, the other item's I x-sharded and sold for 7-10 million.

So I am part of the issue in one sense, but with no interest and a lot on the market I took it to a fresh market to sell where there was interest. The difference I see in my personal action was that I waited until the interest died down.

I hope that people are just staying quiet and are shoving them deep in houses or locking them down and staying quiet.

Oh and the drop of the bear's, I can confirm that I took one from 100% - death and it dropped a wooden box with nothing in it. Luckily the second one I killed had a bear in it :-D

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Originally Posted by Mapper
Not even sure they are on this shard still...

-----------------------------------

He aint kidding...and Dont let you kid yourself....no no no....Eventing is a special form of playing UO

Let me tell you MANY PLAYERS HAVE good to GMed chars on all shards and attend all EM events all the shards they can.....soley doing events for the big fish prizes...

Hey its a play style ..i dont like it.. i like europas stuff to stay on europa with europa players...but it aint gonna happen.. at least a 1/3 IF NOT MORE of all europas event items will get xsharded away for big bucks on the big shards like Atlantic etc

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imho its a shame they could not make shard specific event drops a no transfer item, keep it tradable and also able to lock down for display as alot of people enjoy seeing there shard history on there shard. Alot of people enjoy the history and the story behind events and event drops are like artifacts of the history to them, not pixel gold. So for it to be transfered to another shard where the history means nothing is like one country taking artifacts from anothers where the history is not so important or even cared about.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't make sense either as most shards have similar bears, Only difference is the Europa tag? If I were on Atlantic why would I want that?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imho its a shame they could not make shard specific event drops a no transfer item, keep it tradable and also able to lock down for display as alot of people enjoy seeing there shard history on there shard.
For shard-specific events than I'd agree - but for events that happen on all shards, albeit with slightly different tags on the items to say where they were found, I'm much less bothered.

I'm also a little annoyed at the way some folks have had a go at the EMs over this last 'event', since it was across all shards with a pre-defined set of items it certainly looks to me to be something that originated in EA/Mythic and EMs only got tasked with delivering it. Blaming them for how it was designed and worked is stretching things a little too far....