• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fiction] Jailbreak!

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big Bob paced around.

So he was stuck at the end of the world and couldn't move anywhere - backwards lay Yew and the prison from where he had just been sprung, and forwards meant almost certain death before he could get anywhere near any of his allies. [Of course, Orcs dont think in patterns like this. An Orcish thought process would have been more like, "me go back guard kill me, me go forward monsters kill me. me stuck.]

They had appeared at the cell Big Bob had been moved to, entering via a secret door which the big orc had been chiselling away at for some time. The attacks on the Moongates had been a cover for this operation and they had taken full advantage of this - moving swiftly and professionally, dispatching the few guards who were left with ease.

The next step was getting out of this damn place and making his way back home and taking his place amongst the generals of the new army which was being formed. There were a few old scores to settle in felucca at some point - but that could wait.

Big Bob had promised his new found allies two hundred of his Black Hand guard at his friends insistence. It was either that or die at their hands. These were cold, calculating killers who had planned this move to the exact second of its execution.

Big Bob looked back out of the window and wondered when they would return...

Taken from EM Website.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice fiction, I don't have time to check it out but those pictures seem to be taken in the lighthouse in lost lands. I wonder if that tatty book is any where to be found there, or any other clue. Update me if it is please.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nice fiction, I don't have time to check it out but those pictures seem to be taken in the lighthouse in lost lands. I wonder if that tatty book is any where to be found there, or any other clue. Update me if it is please.
Report from the lighthouse!

There's "A tatty note" by Big Bob at the Lost Lands lighthouse. The note reads:
"big bob go ome fanks to da hutt and blak elfs
*scrawled picture of a black hand*

There's also a pile of wool marked "A Label Reads: Fin*st Pr**uce of **l****"

Continuing the investigation!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for that Bolo - just to clarify slightly,

There's also a pile of wool marked "A Label Reads: Fin*st Pr**uce of **l****"
That's left over from an event several years ago. Much as I love UO 'history', some of the old stuff really does need cleaning up, all it is doing now is confusing people.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for info. I had a very quick look this morning and noticed there's also an orc helm in the cave below the lighthouse (can't remember if that old or not). If it is new it could be hinting at us needing orc masks again to perhaps search for or talk to big bob. His note said he's gone home and I have searched the orc caves near yew again this morning and nothing, mericles caves not changed either). Although the book found with orders to rescue him was at orc fort at Cove so that might be worth a check again, (nothing there last night). There could be more to find or it could be preparing us for the start or tonights/tomorrows events. I have repeated here all the info we have from Big Bob so far in case it helps someone find something). I recommend orc masks might be a good bag accessorie to have at this time.

Big Bob

Greetings - me no talk humie
Escape - Me gonna get out owt ere soon stooped oonie! Frendz *** oo wil rescu me!
Frendz - Tha be a secrut. Em *** frum long away and em kill oonies also!
Long - Em frendz *** from long away! We yews big bam bam nock nock brrrrrr.
Yew - We smash Yew soon! We dryve out em stooped guards! We wil *** wiv frendz!
Smash - We kil all you stooped oomies! We smash you towns! We can get in you towns!
Secrut - Nasty oomie want Big Bob’s secrut? Nasty oomie will get a scere! Ne smash oomie!
Rescu - Oomie fink Big Bob stooped? Fink Big Bob tell planz?
Fink - New urks fink big.
Urks - New urks ***! Em fink! Em fink a lot and em make fings!
Fings - Urks mayke fings from shinies and uvver fings we fiynde wat em tinkers mayke. We steles em!
Shinies - Fings which we dig up from grund and fings we stele frum em stooped oomies.
Tinker - Em mayke fings and we yeweses em. Bah! Run oomie afore I cal frendz and we smash!
Planz - Oomies wil see wat Urks can do now new urk ere! Me not afraid of oomies!
Ome - Secrut place we dug out long ago time. Hiden and sayfe from oomies! New orcs tell me!

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's left over from an event several years ago.
Thanks - this explains why I couldn't find anything new in Delucia...

Now it's time for some speculation:

Does anyone have any idea about the meaning of "hutt" in orcish? I doubt that Big Bob was freed by Jabba the Hutt...

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have done a short web search and have no answers so far. Also did a stratics search and one lead to this thread on here http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=92800&highlight=hutt

@ Birdseye - Crimson drops seem totally random, and I haven't noticed any difference in loot between the different peerless. Jabba is Chief Paroxysmus, most of us call him Jabba because he looks like Jabba the Hutt from Star Wars. An archer can do ok at Jabba, but from my experience, a mage is better, if you do damage to him and he has line of sight, he can teleport you to him and hit you for massive amounts of damage, usually killing you. I use a mage, cast explosion and run, so by the time it hits him, you can be too far from him, or hiding behind the pillar in there.

what are the EMs reading into things of late :eyes:

S

Seasseragh

could be "hot and black elves" ?

I also wondered if it points at that witch that helped with Mericles, but couldn´t make the connection between "hutt" and "witch" (besides witches´ hut/hat).

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also wondered if it points at that witch that helped with Mericles, but couldn´t make the connection between "hutt" and "witch" (besides witches´ hut/hat).
I hope not as Nathan owes a witch a big favour for helping us trap Mericles.