• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FFXI 2008 Lag Problems

• Thread starter Tigernaig
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Tigernaig

Heya all, i just purchased FFXI 2008 edition and im having this weird 2 sec lags (or screen freeze) every one min or so. My pc has 4g or ram geforce 9600 gt graphics card and OS Win XP Home. Anyone know why this happens? It happens randomly every 1-2 min and its really really annoying. Please let me know on how to fix this

T

Tigernaig

Ok problem solved. Seems that FFXI and wi-fi Netgear dont go well together. Even though connection speed seems ok on the wireless network it still causes this 2 sec lags on the server. Problem solved by just switching to wired connection. Game runs perfect now.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to know. Thanks for coming back and telling us how you fixed it :)

J

jamison

I cannot get my netgear to connect to the game at all, I have to swap between my Linksys and Netgear depending on what I want to play (Guildwars hates my Linksys for some reason)