• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Few suggestions but imo big changes

zaksame

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
1 I prefer each mob has it's own AI rather than seeing 2 on the same Ai and having both auto react at the same time even though only one should react or at least the other after a few seconds.

2 I wonder if Gorgon team would consider perhaps a totally new approach to the Animal Handling class?As is you have a pet bar but you are casting what really just seems like your own spells and costing power when you should not be using any power for your pet doing the abilities.What it really comes down to is pet handling feels more like just another spell class than a Hunter or Beastmaster or Animal Handling class.
I realize about balancing and overpowered,that is why i suggest a new approach,perhaps it can be adjusted without too much effort.
My favorite design was FFXI's Beastmaster design.You had to utilize gear/food/skill to charm pets and the duration they will stay in your favor.It worked perfect in FFXI without creating an OP class and it would use no power of your own,that would make it feel like a Animal handling class and not a spell casting class.

I might also add that as of now the abilities you cast to create more hate to your pet do not seem to ever achieve any hate pull,so imo they need to be buffed.

The FFXI system works because the duration is not forever,you also have to charm new pets constantly and it would be possible to lose a charm even during combat so your timing and awareness would be very important.You could also add a new skill that adds a SPECIAL ability to charm a pet for a longer duration and give it raised powers,this again is along the lines of the FFXi special 2 hour abilities,meaning can only be used every 2 hours.

3 I would like to see combos that involve player to player.Yes as yo ucan tell i was a big fan of FFXI but imo thjat game offered some really great ideas,there is no shame in looking at great ideas from other games.Player >player combos just make sense anyhow,after all you want a group to perform like a group.