• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Few price checks and questions. (IGM items and possible rares)

C

ChReuter

Hello everyone. I'm trying to get a general idea of the worth of a few old seer items, for which I'm trying to gain said info before the Atl rares fest. Thanks. :D

A lichs robe - IGM item from 97 or 98. Just a grey robe, slightly darker than a death robe. (Might be spelled "liches", cannot remember without checking)

Geurtaang - Viking sword. IGM item from 98. Don't really remember it's back story but I want to say zog cabal related.

I'm also curious about a few regular rare items and if they are still even worth something.

Magical statue (Or something like that, had greater healing charges I believe)
Necro reg set
Folded sheets
skull mug
and barber Scissors (or maybe sheers, will have to look)

Lastly, does anyone remember the kegs which acted as containers? They look no different than a keg filled with potions, tap and everything, but don't act as a keg. I remember they appeared in late 99 I believe, but I never found out where they came from. I'm guessing a bug. Anyways, I think I have a bunch of em and was curious if they are anything special now?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lichs robe - IGM item from 97 or 98. Just a grey robe, slightly darker than a death robe. (Might be spelled "liches", cannot remember without checking)

This is not IGM. This was Season 8 from Sonoma. Athleas owns the Cloak and I own the suit.

Thor VII

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Geurtaang - From Pacific

"The award from a very early quest with Nystul, Lord British's Royal Mage. Upon the completion of the quest, Knight was awarded a red, magic sword of thunder and vanquishing called 'Geurtaang'. This sword was later "unhued" by a GM."

no clue on price

cheers

C

ChReuter

This is not IGM. This was Season 8 from Sonoma. Athleas owns the Cloak and I own the suit.

If so, that's pretty crappy as it was an item presented by a seer many many years ago. I can easily see how it could be recreated though as it wouldn't seem like such a jump to have an item with such a name created at two different points. To prove my point, I'm not quite sure what year season 8 was, but the account in question which holds the robe I speak of was closed in 2004. Now as I understand it, the whole season thing didnt start until after aos, correct?

Nonetheless, if an item has been created similar or just like it, my interest in it has just slipped away.

Also, I'm not very interested in going over the stuff with a ton of people, but you have always come across to me as very knowledgeable in this aspect of the game and as my RL winds down and I reactivate some older accounts of mine, I would greater appreciate you taking some time to go over some items I have left over from when I dabbled in collecting. I think you'll find a good bit (or what's left of it) of the collection interesting as I havent been more than mildly interested in rares since sometimes prior to UOR.

In closing, I suppose I don't really need to discuss details over the message board, it's not an attention thing, I actually would prefer something more positive. If it's ok with you, I'd very much like to PM you with some details and possibly discuss the situation as after this and a few tiny things, I plan on closing the door on UO and not look back.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If so, that's pretty crappy as it was an item presented by a seer many many years ago. I can easily see how it could be recreated though as it wouldn't seem like such a jump to have an item with such a name created at two different points. To prove my point, I'm not quite sure what year season 8 was, but the account in question which holds the robe I speak of was closed in 2004. Now as I understand it, the whole season thing didnt start until after aos, correct?

Nonetheless, if an item has been created similar or just like it, my interest in it has just slipped away.

Also, I'm not very interested in going over the stuff with a ton of people, but you have always come across to me as very knowledgeable in this aspect of the game and as my RL winds down and I reactivate some older accounts of mine, I would greater appreciate you taking some time to go over some items I have left over from when I dabbled in collecting. I think you'll find a good bit (or what's left of it) of the collection interesting as I havent been more than mildly interested in rares since sometimes prior to UOR.

In closing, I suppose I don't really need to discuss details over the message board, it's not an attention thing, I actually would prefer something more positive. If it's ok with you, I'd very much like to PM you with some details and possibly discuss the situation as after this and a few tiny things, I plan on closing the door on UO and not look back.
I would be glad to help you on what I can. Please feel free to PM me.