• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fencer Sammy weapon of choice?

• Thread starter slasherofveils
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

slasherofveils

Just wondering which weapon do most fencing sammies prefer for pvm?

I been using a spear mostly, but I got a few runics to burn and can't decide on which weapon I should spam out

M

Maximinus Thrax

Pretty much any weapon that isn't terrible (slow and no mods) works well for PvM.
If you have good leeching weapons with dmi, you're pretty much set. If it's a slower weapon you'll of course want SSI, etc. Specials don't matter at all for PvM, unless you like wasting mana.

So in my opinion you really should burn high end runics making PvP weapons.

If you really must make pvm weapons, go for ones that work well in any setting, and therefore are the most sought after (therefore you can resell for more).
For fencing these would be warforks and kryss. They are fast and have great specials for pvp as well as high damage output per second.

B

Bloodeye

To get my PVM Weapon i burned 1 aga and 2 gold hammer, after the runic changes.
I must admit i had some luck.

I crafted a leafblade with 42ml, 34 stamina leech, 45 di and 25 ssi

Im doint quite well with it. I couldnt solo irk to gather the Keys for Dreadhorn, with this Weapon its no Problem at all.
I even fought irk and guile at once (i used pots) and got them down.

I dont know if i maybe would craft 2handed weapons, but i always liked potions and i hit critical with this weapon for aroung 170 dmg, which i consider as pretty ok.

Farewell!

Edit:

Anything with ml and stamina leech is ok. On everything slow including a war fork you should get ssi.
You can get some nice weapons without stamina leech, then i would prefer a one handed to drink total refreshment potions. Which works too.

Im using a 100% phys Kryss vs Dreadhorn with Ml and Staminaleech.

I wasnt able to solo him yet, but i could do it with a backup healer!

C

Connor_Graham

"Specials don't matter at all for PvM"

I beg to differ. Disarm, Whirlwind, Armor Ignore, Mortal Strike and quite a few others are widely used in PvM. Anyone that doesn't use them are not taking full advantage of their arsenal, and, as the PvP'rs like to say "don't know how to PvM", at least not to their full potential.

"So in my opinion you really should burn high end runics making PvP weapons."

As you say, it's just your opinion, but for serious high end PvM'rs, it takes a runic to get those "perfect" weapons that you have to have to be able to take on Peerless or Doom solo.

Your post has me wondering why as a PvP'r you're giving advice on PvM from a PvP perspective? It doesn't make sense, not to mention isn't accurate.

S

slasherofveils

Well TY for the responses...

I made a double bladed staff from a copper runic this morning which is

hit mana leech 54%
hit fireball 44%
hit life leech 51%
luck 40 (golden)
39% DI (arms lore isnt gm yet)

Its very nice and super fast (daemons and such drop faaaaaast with it), double attack is nice, but Im really really missing the stamina leech on it and since its 2h I can't drink pots..

Burned 2 bronze on leaf blades and the best of them were:

hit lower defense 34%
hit sta leech 44%
113 luck
39% di
-
hit life leech 60%
hit lower defense 50%
40 luck
43% di
-
hit lower attack 38%
hit mana leech 46%
40 luck
15% hit chance increase
39% DI

The only times I seem to get SSI on a leafblade is when it rolls "mage weapon" and crap on it *sigh* *smacks the RNG around*

oh well I got 2 more bronze and 2 more coppers to burn through, *crosses fingers*

C

Connor_Graham

Don't feel bad. I've burned around 150 Bronze and Copper runics and have only come up with one weapon with SL, ML and SSI on it, and even then it was 25 and not 30. Go figure....

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

Wow, I burned one Dull Copper the other night... got this:

Leaf Blade
50 Hit Mana Leech
30 Swing Speed Increase
40 Damage Increase

I'm POFing it up. I need to get one with HSL on it as well, but this ones nice enough from a 1k hammer.

Oh, made of bronze for the Fire damage.

C

Connor_Graham

I got several Ornates with 55+ ML, 30 SSI and 40+ DI too. It's getting SL on top of those that's the problem. I'm still trying though. Eventually even the evil RNG has to spit one out. It's got to be choking on one by now.

M

Maximinus Thrax

<blockquote><hr>

"Specials don't matter at all for PvM"

I beg to differ. Disarm, Whirlwind, Armor Ignore, Mortal Strike and quite a few others are widely used in PvM. Anyone that doesn't use them are not taking full advantage of their arsenal, and, as the PvP'rs like to say "don't know how to PvM", at least not to their full potential.

"So in my opinion you really should burn high end runics making PvP weapons."

As you say, it's just your opinion, but for serious high end PvM'rs, it takes a runic to get those "perfect" weapons that you have to have to be able to take on Peerless or Doom solo.

Your post has me wondering why as a PvP'r you're giving advice on PvM from a PvP perspective? It doesn't make sense, not to mention isn't accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't put words in my mouth, also you took all my quotes out of context, which is truly annoying to me.

So I'll try and address your entire post. First, my main char - my samurai - is not a PVP'er, but a PVE'er. I admit I should not have said specials are good for nothing, as whirlwind is clearly useful in spawns.

For me, AI is the most useless skill - it should be for any kengo samurai, when you can just use LS.

Mortal wound is great for pvp, but not worth the mana in pvm (unless your facing something that heals itself faster than you can kill it, which I've never experienced).

Edit: Disarm is useless in PVM. Most crits don't have weapons, and if one does, and you need to disarm it to kill it, so be it, but that's also why warforks are perfect weapons to make (great for pvp and pvm).

Bleed is similar to mortal. It's Fun to use, but if I want something to die fast, I just LS with CA.

Edit: I will admit that with honoring, you can waste mana, but you shouldn't make obscure weapons, just make ones that have good special combos that happen to work great for PVP and are fun and useful in PVM. Then buy weapons you need for slayers/whirlwind.

I'll write a more elaborate essay if you really want to pick my brain, but this should give you an idea of where I was coming from. I'm sorry for being so curt before.

Anyhoo, my arsenal consists of me spamming LS, Counters, and evade. If I'm facing a spawn, obviously I'll grab a lajatong or w/e, but I'm not going to burn a runic to make an obscure weapon.
And then I use slayers for w/e, but once again, I don't burn runics to make slayer weapons. Plus, I'm not rich, so that's probably why I don't burn runics for pvm.

And in case you were wondering, my main tram weps are (from the top of my head, I'm not certain of the values): A warfork with 38+ stam/mana/life leech and 35 dmi. And a shortspear I use for PVE: 50hitL/7hci/40+mana/stam leech.

Then for PVP I have a diamond mace, the shortspear I mentioned earlier, and another fork I use.

I should mention that I am not capable of solo'ing peerless or the df, I'm simply a Samurai, I have no other major skills on this char. So when someone asks for a "Fencer Sammy weapon of choice" I assume it's for a mere Samurai, and not a wamp or sampire or anything else but a Samurai!

So ya, make forks!