• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Felucca problems or bug?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a castle in Felucca. I was macroing some bendages. Suddenly a char namaed Renko, not red, has spelled poisoin field through the wall and the poison was into my house. I was not near to the poison but he has spelled more then one Poison field. Every spell was into my castle. It is a bug????? It is normally that one person can use a spell that is into my house?? I thought that if i am in my house i am protect by my walls, not that the poison field enter into my house!!.
Tia

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If there are items that load before you enter a house, or tiles that appear to be in line of sight unaffected by transparency, summons & field spells can be cast on them from outside.
field spells can be cast on walls at an angle where it could hit you through the wall if you're close enough. normally people do this to kill others while they're afk.

It probably is a bug, been part of the game for so long though who knows.

The only way to avoid it would be to close off any open walls/corners of your house and don't have any clearings on lower floors allowing the above floor to be visible from below.
for whatever reason you can cast spells through floors upwards as long as the floor is visible from below even with structures unrelated to housing.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a castle in Felucca. I was macroing some bendages. Suddenly a char namaed Renko, not red, has spelled poisoin field through the wall and the poison was into my house. I was not near to the poison but he has spelled more then one Poison field. Every spell was into my castle. It is a bug????? It is normally that one person can use a spell that is into my house?? I thought that if i am in my house i am protect by my walls, not that the poison field enter into my house!!.
Tia
That sucks that happened to you.

But Felucca is disgusting and ridiculous and needs to be wiped out of existence, being the devil's playground, and players get their jollies ruining the average player's day.

Good advice from previous poster. Always stay alert while in that zone and always be aware that danger is omni-present.

Good luck and peaceful days to you!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are using one of the newer castles many of them have gaps and unfinished corners leaving you vulnerable to attack

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

But Felucca is disgusting and ridiculous and needs to be wiped out of existence, being the devil's playground, and players get their jollies ruining the average player's day.

Good advice from previous poster. Always stay alert while in that zone and always be aware that danger is omni-present.

I disagree, Felucca is a real sandbox where you can be what you want to be. It is not for everyone, but a lot of us make it home, and we aren't all Murderer's, Thieves and Ass Hat's. Felucca gives us the ability to shut that person down that is luring on us and let's us decide what action to take, instead of just the one: leave and page on them. it is not "the Devil's playground" as you say, it is in my opinion the real game as it was first created.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All my houses in Felucca were built double-walled. This prevents the line-of-sight bug that allows casting summons & fields into the house.

Are you using one of the new custom castles? I thought this bug only affected custom houses not pre-fab ones?

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

What are you trying to say?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would say that some are here to make the lands safer, and some are here to make the lands more dangerous.

I would have probably done the same thing had I stumbled across the original poster thinking he/she was scripting. If they aren't afk or scripting, they pretty much always move when you attack them.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Happy people enjoy it.

I hate it.

The learning curve is ridiculously steep, hence there are always posts like this.

People love that challenge though. Good for them.

I hate it.

I was never a fan of early-UO either. But that adrenline rush and the reward of how to learn to live in that era is a realiy guarded piece of nostalgia.

I still hate it.

I had some awful experiences from that part if the game as my first house owned was in Fel.

Its nothing personal to anyone, so if you like Fel, great.

I hate it and hope it dies in a fire. haha

Last edited: