• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Felucca castle.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have an old castle in Felucca. Is has near to it a rock and a tree. I can't customize it. it is in a good position, south of desert near the road to Covetous. There is someone that have a customizable castle and want to trade his castle with mine? That he doesn't care if it is not customizable? :)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
CantConvert.jpg

did you check your sign to see if it can be converted...
in the information Tab.

they cannot be converted if there is a tree in the courtyard.
I have had friends convert theirs when they had stones out front.
They did not think they could until they looked at the sign.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 103406

did you check your sign to see if it can be converted...
in the information Tab.

they cannot be converted if there is a tree in the courtyard.
I have had friends convert theirs when they had stones out front.
They did not think they could until they looked at the sign.
No, my castle can't be customized. I'd like to trade it with another castle customizable,

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I'm not clear. I am looking for another person who has a castle customizable but that it doesn't care of it and trade his castle with mine. So he will have a not customizable castle but i will have a customizable one. Shard Europa.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing. I bought this castle many years ago, i've not placed it. This is right placed because at that time a house could be near a rock or a tree. This is a very old castle and this is tha why that i can't customize it

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it near the road and another castle. The owner is Ivory Norwind and the name of the castle is "La casa delle stelle". Sorry but i can't be able to make a picture

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see no reason why you can't upgrade that to a custom castle. I placed one in the exact same spot on TC and it can be replaced with a custom castle.

There are some items which you cannot have inside and will prevent upgrading. I noticed you have a bunch of parrots. Pretty sure you need to remove them first.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you cannot have things like elven was basins, fountains of life and some other deeded items placed. may need to do some checking Ivory

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a few screens to South West I have a castle on grass, its next to Barney castle.
its upgradeable to new design, Im open for offers if you interested in buying it. (buying not trading)

Hope you can upgrade yours, it annoys me that not all castles and keeps are upgradable to new designs by default.

Thanks
/psycho

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also see a goza mat that appears to have fallen thru the floor or you just missed it. It's in a corner.
I dot see anything but maybe i have not see well. Tha castle is not customizable because in the sign there is written only "Security replace this house". Other ch09ses are grry. The castle is very old. I bought it, not place it.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a few screens to South West I have a castle on grass, its next to Barney castle.
its upgradeable to new design, Im open for offers if you interested in buying it. (buying not trading)
Hope you can upgrade yours, it annoys me that not all castles and keeps are upgradable to new designs by default.
Thanks
/psycho
No, sorry. I don 't buy it. By the way if someone sell to me a customizable castle i can sell mine and biuy your castle

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tha castle is not customizable because in the sign there is written only "Security replace this house". Other ch09ses are grry. The castle is very old. I bought it, not place it.
Jeez! Seriously? How do you think you customize it? That's how you customize it!

Once you choose "Securely replace this house" all the different castle options are listed for you to choose from. You choose one and click ok.

Did you even try it?

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before you "Security replace this house" you should take down all deco.
Cause all items in house will move to the moving create, and it can be quite a mess with thousands of items ;)
The most valuable items should maybe put in bank, just for the extra security :)
oh, and make sure you have some 20-40m in bank cause the new designs have a cost.
GL

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides the parrots I couldn't see much else in the place.

One castle is 27+mil, another one is 39+mil, all the rest are over 40 million.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeez! Seriously? How do you think you customize it? That's how you customize it!
Once you choose "Securely replace this house" all the different castle options are listed for you to choose from. You choose one and click ok.
Did you even try it?
No, I was afraid of making mistakes and removing the castle without being able to place it again :(
So you say that if I click on "Securely replace this house" i can see all the choices? But i have to make it before or only after i've redeed all things? Sorry for all questions but i don't want to make mistakes. Be patient please

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you say that if I click on "Securely replace this house" i can see all the choices? But i have to make it before or only after i've redeed all things?
1: Redeed your stuff in house, espesially furniture and all deco because it will go in moving create. Big mess
2: click securly replace house, choose a design you want.
3: start decorating everything, furniture, tables, chests etc :)

You should see on UO.com first the different designs you can choose, make up your mind of what to choose :)
House Ownership – 1. Placing a House – Ultima Online see at the buttom of this page, the different designs.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is full of items, furnitures and so on. It's strange that you can't see anything

Well it's private so I could only see what's along the walls with circle of transparency turned up. I didn't notice much.

You don't have to redeed everything. There's certain items which you must but otherwise it all goes into the moving crate. Unfortunately, as stated, it's huge mess in the crate. But honestly just take out one container at a time and it'll get done eventually.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I can I prefer not to sell my castle because it is in a very good position :)
Those are the upgrade costs. There's two that are less than 40 million. All the rest of the 10 or 12 options are over 40 million each. Between 41 and 48 million.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, only the last question. l I've tryed to click on "Securely replace this house" and i see many types of castle (they are the winner castles like sayed Chap). But I have to choose only that type of castles? After I choose one of them can i customize the castle like I want, in different style for example or not? Obiouvsly before choosing a new castle i'll redeed all items and arrange the boxes, make all resources in commodity deeds and so on.
Thank for the patience. I promise I will not ask for anything more :)

Last edited:

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing. For now I've changed a Keep of mine in a customizable keep (another account) It was properly placed and it seems all ok but the sign of this new keep now says "improperly placed". What have i do?

Last edited:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing. For now I've changed a Keep of mine in a customizable keep (another account) It was properly placed and it seems all ok but the sign of this new keep now says "improperly placed". What have i do?

The keeps have an area up front that will allow customization even though there might be a rock or tree in that area. It might affect you wanting to replace the keep a second time but for now it's of no consequence. In other words, it doesn't matter.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, only the last question. l I've tryed to click on "Securely replace this house" and i see many types of castle (they are the winner castles like sayed Chap). But I have to choose only that type of castles? After I choose one of them can i customize the castle like I want, in different style for example or not? Obiouvsly before choosing a new castle i'll redeed all items and arrange the boxes, make all resources in commodity deeds and so on.
Thank for the patience. I promise I will not ask for anything more :)

You can only further add the craftable granite walls and pavers. You cannot fully customize it like using the house deco-tool.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Ezekiel Zane. For now i want to live in the Keep that i've just customized. I love it because I can furnish it in a thousand ways and i think that the castle will be only for storage :)
I've chosen the traditional Keep designed by Newcastle Arms and I can do all that i want in this keep. Better than the castle :) I'm very satisfied.
Thaks to all for the help and the patience

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a little problem. I had a barkeep in the normal keep. Now, after customized the keep it is under the floor at the entrance. I can't dismiss it because I can't see the management menu. There is a way to dismiss it? Some words to say instead of looking at rhe menu?