• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fellow UO'ers! I need some help with ICQ please!

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My husband upgraded my computer and when it came back I had to reinstall my programs... including ICQ.

The version I downloaded from the ICQ website... has a VERY VERY short status update and must be precustomized. I like to advertise things in my status, especially deals at my shop and items I have for sale. I also like to look at other people's status as well as others do the same thing.!. It is too frustrating to do with this new version as not only does it have to be customized... it is very, very short - Enough for 3 or 4 words. The one I had previously allowed me to simply click the status box at the top and change it as well as reply to other people statuses. The status could be quite long as well. I can't seem to get this one to do that.

Does anyone know which past version has the features I'm missing so I can try and hunt down a safe copy to switch out my ICQ programs?

I appreciate the help in advance.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Via the "About ICQ" on my ICQ menu... this one says build 7786. I can't seem to find a version number of this current one to know what to avoid. Heh.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't use ICQ. I use Trillian. Infact I got Trillian Pro which I like 100X more than ICQ.

Since ICQ went to Russia.... (Not that I have anything against Russians I worked with one for awhile was fun, learned a lot).... Anyway I think it works much better plus you can do Facebook(not me!), Twitter(Not me!) and many other things with it.... MSN, YaHoo Messenger etc...

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Via the "About ICQ" on my ICQ menu... this one says build 7786. I can't seem to find a version number of this current one to know what to avoid. Heh.
Old and New Version of ICQ Download - OldApps.com They have every icq version from 2014 backdating to 2000. Pick one, try it and if you don't like it then replace it with a newer one.

That number you see 7786 is icq version 8.4.7786. The 7786 is like a patch number. Sometimes they will release the same version with multiple bug fixes under the same version.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old and New Version of ICQ Download - OldApps.com They have every icq version from 2014 backdating to 2000. Pick one, try it and if you don't like it then replace it with a newer one.

That number you see 7786 is icq version 8.4.7786. The 7786 is like a patch number. Sometimes they will release the same version with multiple bug fixes under the same version.

Thank you, Lythos!