• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fel Provo problems

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I started doing level 4 maps in fel and for some reason provo is not working, I get the "music makes them fight each other" claim but they dont fight, on my 4th or 5th map and only 1 out of 10 actually gets them to fight, any others have this problem? Been reduced to peace and ev for each guardian.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
are they right close to each other?

i know i get that when im in the middle of the screen and the mobs are on each side of me but like 14 tiles away from each other.

if they are right beside each other or at least within 4-6 tiles should be ok.

if they are close then i dont know what to tell ya, i was out last week doing T maps with the guild and had no problem with this.

5% Luck

If they are cold drakes/dragons they have a radiating area attack that may be going off before they engage one another on either you or another player ending the provocation.

Make sure the area attack doesn't tick on you before they damage each other. Sometimes poison and strangle can work that way too.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea not sure what the problem is, just doing a lvl 4 and while looting an Ogre Lord spawns next to me, I get my summoned daemon to attack it while I peace it(no problem at all with peace ever) and while I continue to loot a Dread Spider spawns, I get the message " you succeed in getting the monsters to fight each other" or whatever it says, however they dont fight, the dread proceeds to fight my summon even though it is next to the OL, after a few more fel lvl 4 maps I continue to fail 9 out of 10 provos even though the message suggests I succeed :-(

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
2 things i can think of off the top of my head.

the first is i wonder if the chest is doing something to block it?

i know that when you go to loot if a summons is beside you it wont let you loot, so i wonder if it is also blocking the provo attempt?

second, if you are using the OL as the primary and you have a summoned demon on it then whenever your demon hits it it has a chance to break the provo.
so if you provo the OL onto the spider and the summoned demon is smacking it it will probablly not even hit the spider, hence the spider wont agro on the OL.

thats all i got.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the grand scheme of doing a level 4 map 4-6 monsters usually pop up with the chest, whilst trying to eradicate them there is never really an issue of something in the way, on an aside it seems that I have np provoing two ogre lords together, but any combo that includes Lich Lords and Dread Spiders or Daemons fails even though I get the success message. Very strange, guess it is just me.

Magnolia_Pacific

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but i've encountered this problem as well, and was looking for a solution/reason why it happens.

I was trying to play with dragons/drakes/GLs in fel Destard - provoke didn't work. I went to fel Fire Temple, and prov didn't work with the Drakes and Daemons there too.

I get the message that I am successful in getting a fight started, they are real close to each other, but they still attack me and pay no heed to the other monster that they are supposed to be fighting.

I haven't tried prov against dragons and daemons in tram yet, but I have no problems with tram ophidians.

My prov is at 120, and music is at 100.

Anyone found the reason for this yet?

Edit: Someone else also has this problem here:
http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-bard/238172-any-reason-why-i-cant-provoke-demons-ol-felucca.html

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i just logged in and went and tested.
i have no problems.

went to Fire Temple and killed some demons.
no problems.

went to destard.
no problems here either.

Magnolia_Pacific

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Poo, did you try in felucca? I have no problems in trammel, but i somehow can't make daemons fight dragons (and vice versa) at felucca's fire temple.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont do anything in tram.

im a 100% fel player.

so yes, this is all tested in fel.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you are trying to provoke faction critters is your problem oger lords and deamons are faction silver farmer critters and factions all messed up! eh but this is just a guess no proof and no idea why it would do that.