• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fel House safety and vendors

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one of the newer castles (5 spires atop) in Fel and never put vendors there because the house must be made Public. How do i ensure no "unwanted" guests enter once I do make it Public? Is making the front door "private" sufficient or can others teleport onto balconies, etc? Thank you all!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My understanding is that you can't teleport in houses (using magic) so I don't think you should have any issue with making the doors private and keeping out the riff raff.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
If public, when you open the door, anyone could follow you inside.
you can put a teleport tile outside and just step onto it, so they can't follow you inside.

if you put up ladders on the ground floor, they can use them.
if they are in an area that is accessible

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, if detect does reveal someone, using allnames to bring then up double click their name to get a bar on them. You can ban them from the bar, even if they are out of line of sight and two stories below you

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have one of the newer castles (5 spires atop) in Fel and never put vendors there because the house must be made Public. How do i ensure no "unwanted" guests enter once I do make it Public? Is making the front door "private" sufficient or can others teleport onto balconies, etc? Thank you all!
Here is what I did in the entrance of my Fel Keep, so I could make it Public. The Doors are restricted, I used Rubble walls and a house teleporter. In theory, people can still get in, but it's difficult and I can still just Detect Hidden and "remove thyself" or "I ban thee" ;-)

1578716057717.png