• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General Feint on Leafblades

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Feint special move came into the game with the Samurai Empire expansion. On Samurai weapons that have it, such as the Daisho, it only works with the Bushido skill. If you use one of those Samurai weapons with Feint and try to execute the move without Bushido, you get a message saying you can't execute the move without Bushido.

Feint, however, is also on the Leafblade. The Leafblade is not a Samurai weapon, but rather is seemingly modeled after Celtic weapons. The Leafblade, and it various sub-categories (Luckblade, Leafblade of Ease, True Leafblade, etc.) also have Feint.

Feint on a Leafblade will, quite properly, execute without Bushido. However, the move will have zero effect without Bushido. At 0 to 20 (JOAT level) Bushido, the damage reduction percentage will be 0. Test Center tests confirm that the damage reduction is greater when Bushido is used.

This is seemingly not-intended, as the Leafblade is not a Samurai weapon, hence I think it's likely a bug.

If this is working as intended, which I doubt....Then perhaps it is time to give the Leafblade a different primary special.

-Galen's player

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the report. I have submitted a problem report into the system on this issue.