• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Feels like UO has one class and has no sandbox anymore (rant)

S

sherkborg

I am sick of UO, it makes me want to hurt people. Bad yes but I want to hurt them so they will change the game, thats how much i hate it.

Im tired of the game giving everything for free. I hate how they limited the amount of pets tamers can use. I hate how they put samurais into a mage and warrior game. I hate how they design and put new mage skills into the game to dominate and do whatever a person wants with. I hate how warriors can solo everything. I hate how mages can solo everything. I hate how tamers can solo anything (not quite).

I hate how the game has resists. When I pick up a piece of platemail and it has more magic resist then physical... it screams bad design. The new system is not nearly as good as the old system with just AR and magic resist.

I hate how magic mobs of low level cast spells faster and better then player and can destroy you just by running away. If I can be 2 screens away and still get paralyzed then flame striked and never see the mob... then I should be able to cast on mobs too from 2 screens away.

I hate how tamers are given strong dragon pets. I hate how mages are given strong spells. I hate how warriors are given a leech template to negate all damage. IF I WANTED TO PLAY GOD MODE I WOULD PLAY DOOM AND TYPE IT IN.

I hate uo for the bad week im having in how EVERY spawn of high to low level has destroyed me and completely stopped me from pvming. I hate UO because I raged and got a 24 hour because of there stupid game. I hate how I still come back and cant even pvm with a character that once ruled the lands. In the end today I finally got those strong feelings to quit. I would but I prepaid for 6 months and I already regret it. So I wont be quitting soon but I tell you, I might not log on for most of it because this game is just a stew of stupidity and poor coding.

C

Capn Kranky

I love how you hate ... but tell us how you REALLY feel about the game. Srsly.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man, I WANT to see red. But until there are crimson dyes....*sigh*

Well, that feels a bit better.

K

Kayne

Im tired of the game giving everything for free. I hate how they limited the amount of pets tamers can use. I hate how they put samurais into a mage and warrior game. I hate how they design and put new mage skills into the game to dominate and do whatever a person wants with. I hate how warriors can solo everything. I hate how mages can solo everything. I hate how tamers can solo anything (not quite).

I hate how the game has resists. When I pick up a piece of platemail and it has more magic resist then physical... it screams bad design. The new system is not nearly as good as the old system with just AR and magic resist.
I can't say I disagree with your comments about samurai's. It seriously drives me crazy that everything is Sampire "You have to build a sammy", "oh you really need a sammy" etc. I have a paladin/samurai and guess what.... I never use it because I like my mage and tamer over the dexxer any time.

I definitely cant argue about the platemail thing. Something as strong as plate should always have a better physical resist than its elementals. Heck if you want to go real world then water would be terrible for metal.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to go real world most of our characters should have died from disease due to the fact that we can't change our underpants.

P

pgib

This remembers me of when they introduced elemental resistances on armor. The day before my macefighter ruled the world, the day after an imp killed me three times in a row just with spells. I quitted that very day (and came back several times since then).

The only way to play is to no to look at others: just grab your favorite char and try to carve the best out of the game given your playstyle. Pvm is a mess, it is vastly unbalanced (if you're not the top of the day mixed freak then you find yourself being either vastly overpowered or completely ineffective, there's no middle ground) and the worst part is that the only way known to designers to fix things is nerfing players, which doesn't really work because you end up having a lot of very unhappy players and all the rest that don't really care because nothing changes for them.

K

Kayne

If you want to go real world most of our characters should have died from disease due to the fact that we can't change our underpants.
:lol: I know of at least one person who regularly changes his underpants but that might be because they always get stolen

S

sherkborg

Still enjoying the welfare coded mage ai system. If there was ever an example of how not to code an ai and to practically do it wrong, its the guy who made the mage AI system.

I now am justified to cheat. If the game can do it to me, then obviously its part of the game and I can do it back.